ICC U-19 World Cup 2020 Discussion Thread

nsareen

India vs Pakistan Under-19 World Cup head-to-head record

India vs Pakistan- U19 World Cup 1988- Pakistan won by 68 runs

India vs Pakistan- U19 World Cup 1998- India won by 5 wickets

India vs Pakistan- U19 World Cup 2002- Pakistan won by 2 wickets

India vs Pakistan- U19 World Cup 2004 (Semifinal) - Pakistan won by 5 wickets

India vs Pakistan- U19 World Cup 2006 (Final) - Pakistan won by 38 runs

India vs Pakistan- U19 World Cup 2010 (Quarterfinal) - Pakistan won by 2 wickets

India vs Pakistan- U19 World Cup 2012 (Quarterfinal) - India won by 1 wicket

India vs Pakistan- U19 World Cup 2014- India won by 40 runs

India vs Pakistan- U19 World Cup 2018 (Semifinal) - India won by 203 runs

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

let him first play for his domestic team, etc. plenty of batting "stars" in previous editions who were hyped out and then drifted away. this applies not just to pak but to all teams.

In previous edition only one was hyped up and that player Shaheen Afridi is now playing international cricket. I'm not hyping up this young man, he has a very long way to go, but to me he is the one with the most potential. I have seen him playing in only one inning which was cut short by Mankading. 

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

Exactly  !!!!!!

So biased, understandably. If you don;t understand the game and have not played at good level, you won;t understand this matter, OK, time to move on.

I rarely watch IPL, but this time, I will , particularly the games in which likes of Tyagi and Ravi Bishnoi will be playing. Its exciting to see new stars emerging. 

On 1/30/2020 at 9:25 PM, rkt.india said:

There's one in Afghanistan. Amir khan from pak looks quick.

Yes, Amir is a bit fast but Shaeen is also good. Babir Azam's batting is great too. He beat off Bangladesh only by himself.

As a quick note, PSL (Pakistan Super League) is going to held on Feb 20, 2020 and I'm very excited about it. If you want to watch PSL live streaming online, check the link.

2 hours ago, Sgattick10 said:

Pak is ahead of India in H2H but what kinda name is Hurreira lol

Last three India has won.  

India vs Pakistan- U19 World Cup 2012 (Quarterfinal) - India won by 1 wicket
India vs Pakistan- U19 World Cup 2014- India won by 40 runs
India vs Pakistan- U19 World Cup 2018 (Semifinal) - India won by 203 runs

I caught highlights of the Afg-Pak match.  Pak team looked a lot better as a unit than what they have produced in the last couple of times.   I actually preferred that pitch.  The matches at Potchefstroom, where the semifinals are, seem to offer a bit for the pacers up front, where you can lose wickets, then rebuilding phase in the middle, but the spinners come into play, and the final 10-12 which decides the outcomes of the matches.  Fancy, spinners would play an important role as always on these pitches and how the batsmen play them.  Both the team's lower order has bailed the team.   

- Huraira tries to play the shots over mid on region like Malik, India would do well to plug that area early. Looked compact after settling in but did offer a chance or two early on. Pak openers would want to see off the first 10 without losing a wicket. 

- Tahir, the left arm seamer, was impressive in line and length, firing in yorkers when required. was economical as well. 

- Amir is supposed to be quick but did get carted away early on.

Likes of Garg and Sushant haven't really kicked on this tournament and would be hoping to put in a special performance against Pak.  Sushant is a  wildcard. At the top, Jaiswal holds the key at the top.  India's middle order was found wanting against Australia and they will want to rectify that.  Perhaps an off day for Garg, Varma, Veer. Jurel.  At least it gave Artharva and Bishnoi a chance to test their mettle and rescue the team against the Aussies. 

Pressure match.  

Edited by vice

For Pakistan, Haider Ali, the opener,  is their best batsman but he is a bit too adventurous and a smart bowler like Tyagi, might get him early. If he stays 10 overs, he will take the game away, Hurraira is more compact and capable of playing long inning at good SR.

Tyagi upfront and then Bishnoi will be the main danger for Pak batsmen, particularly Bishnoi as the wicket will take turn. Pak batsmen played two very good wrist spinners from Afghanistan very well and didn;t give them many wickets , so that would help.

Pakistan has only one really good bowler, Tahir and if Indian openers played  him carefully, there is no one really in the class of Bishnoi they will face and can score lots of runs. Amir Khan, Pakistan's fast bowler is pacy but very erratic and good batsmen, like Jaiswal can score lots of run off him without taking many risks.

Toss is very important, if India bats first, and with Bishnoi in their ranks, any total above 200 will be easy to defend for Indians.

Over all, a close game is expected, can't wait to watch it, luckily it will be a sunny day. 

On 2/2/2020 at 6:38 PM, First class said:

So biased, understandably. If you don;t understand the game and have not played at good level, you won;t understand this matter, OK, time to move on.

You take this high handed and condescending attitude towards almost every poster on this forum.

But your own posts show negligible understanding of this game or the logic that other posters use.

Care to explain the fault in the logic that @Global.Baba has used instead of passing a judgement without giving the reason behind it.

And where is the bias here ?

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

Not followed this tourney much aside from Indian bowling highlights. But read a preview on cricinfo today and apparently Indian colts have been cool and indifferent to the smiles and hellos from the pakistani contingent. Bishnoi picked up his laundry and walked right past some pakistani boy without an acknowledgement and according to cricinfo writer, the pakistani was butthurt. Same with buffet lines where Indians didn't bother to say pehle aap. The nerve!

Read the same article - those lines are an overly obvious ploy to garner more 'sympathy' for the underdog Pakistanis.  

Both squads are dealing with their own set of pressure - India is not just expected to pound the greenbros, they are expected to win the tournament.  Its a sensible thing to advice young kids to avoid overly friendly contact with the opponents before a semi-final, especially given the 'edge' that Ind-Pak games carry.  No need to read too much into it.  If the greenbro kids are feeling slighted, or overawed by their blue counterparts, that's their problem.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

You take this high handed and condescending attitude towards almost every poster on this forum.

But your own posts show negligible understanding of this game or the logic that other posters use.

Care to explain the fault in the logic that @Global.Baba has used instead of passing a judgement without giving the reason behind it.

And where is the bias here ?

Don't expect any response from Lahori logic boy.  He's got that usual baseless greenbro superiority complex masking his insecurities.

5 hours ago, sandeep said:

Don't expect any response from Lahori logic boy.  He's got that usual baseless greenbro superiority complex masking his insecurities.

No , that's not the case. I like this forum as there are big number of posters here who seems to have good knowledge of the game and also they don't hype up the players unnecessarily. No question, I'm a Pakistan team supporter but more than that I like to comment about a team and a player purely on his cricketing skill and performance, irrespective of the team/country he belongs to. 

I obviously don;t like when some people, thankfully in minority here,  ridicule some player and team for the reason nothing to do with cricket, and I express my opinion within the rules of this forum.