Ind vs Aus | 2nd ODI | Rajkot | Jan 17th, 2020

zen

16 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

300 against SL,PAK,Bangla,WI is fine.Not against this australian lineup on flat pattas and moreso when our main bowler isn't bowling all that well as yet.

Yes. And thats a fair view. Especially since there is little to work with on this pitch for bumrah.

Its hard to keep up the form he had last season.

300 isnt enough i agree. But getting past that from here isnt complicated. The lineup you have can do it.

17 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Unlike Australia, England, Pakistan, Lanka, West Indies, South Africa, Kiwis, Bangladesh, Afghans, Zimboks, Irish - India doesn't have anyone who can make use of platform and hit. Don't you see the problem?

I dont disagree. But you dont need a guy who can hit 4 6's an over consistently to get to 300.

2 guys who can get 10-15 an over hitting 4's and running well with good placement for a few overs at the back end can also do that.

India do have weaknesses. I dont think im the right one to talk about them here... all teams do.

But the team is still solid. Gameplan is... ok. The gaps will get filled in time.

Its very very very rare. To have a perfect team. Only 2 teams in history have ever had one imo.

1 minute ago, Fool said:

Yes. And thats a fair view. Especially since there is little to work with on this pitch for bumrah.

Its hard to keep up the form he had last season.

300 isnt enough i agree. But getting past that from here isnt complicated. The lineup you have can do it.

I dont disagree. But you dont need a guy who can hit 4 6's an over consistently to get to 300.

2 guys who can get 10-15 an over hitting 4's and running well with good placement for a few overs at the back end can also do that.

India do have weaknesses. I dont think im the right one to talk about them here... all teams do.

But the team is still solid. Gameplan is... ok. The gaps will get filled in time.

Its very very very rare. To have a perfect team. Only 2 teams in history have ever had one imo.

We don't need a perfect team. We want right guys to be rewarded with selections. Probably it's new to you but not all talented youngsters are selected in this part of the world. If they are, our useless captain ensures they don't settle in by killing their confidence.

5 minutes ago, Hakuna Matata said:

This is the difference between Dhawan and kl Rahul ..see how slowly Rahul bats when he gets into 80's.  Good innings from GABBAR.

Yes, we can see that or see how quickly KL bats up front. All depends on team requirements, if KL can attack from get go, maybe Rohit needn't have played that slog sweep and cld be around to kick off around now? Not taking away from Dhawan's knock, but this relatively risk-free model of our top 3 in first 25 overs does have serious downsides against strong teams.

Iyer gaali.

Zampa to Iyer, OUT, scratchy knock comes to an end with an ungainly hoick.

Pressure was building ever so slightly on Shreyas, Zampa floats this one up on a fullish length on middle stump, the batsman goes for an impetuous flick heave across the line and misses badly. Middle stump knocked back. Not a shot you'd be putting in an Instagram story.

SS Iyer b Zampa 7 (17b 1x4 0x6) SR: 41.17

SS Iyer b Zampa 7 (17b 1x4 0x6) SR: 41.17

Cricinfo as  usual nails it.

Edited by Stan AF