Ind vs Aus | 2nd ODI | Rajkot | Jan 17th, 2020

zen

1 minute ago, Straight Drive said:

A proper keeper should ideally be replaced by the next best keeper . Otherwise there is no point in having Samson in squad.

there is no samson in the squad :facepalm: .... kl is the backup wk (unless someone is flown in) 

Top 6

Rohit = Finch 

Dhawan < Warner

KL <  Labuschagne (As many may recall, I had given Labuschagne a :thumb: when Ind toured Aus) 

Kohli > Smith (but Smith is nearly as good in LOIs on his day) 

Iyer < Carey, who performed nicely in the WC

X (Jadhav/Pandey/Dubey) = Turner (maybe who plays well on the day) 

:((

Ind will have to be at its best

Edited by zen
1 hour ago, zen said:

Since Ind is seeking to comeback, I reckon there would be relatively more interest in this game. 

Pant is ruled out. KL likely to keep 

Aus favs but if it spins, Ind has a chance 

Who plays in place of Pant? Its a tough ask with Aus in this form. We are very top heavy. I don't like the idea of Kohli batting at 4. He is a counterpuncher needs to bat at 3. Maybe KLR should bat at 4.

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Who plays in place of Pant? Its a tough ask with Aus in this form. We are very top heavy. I don't like the idea of Kohli batting at 4. He is a counterpuncher needs to bat at 3. Maybe KLR should bat at 4.

Pant, at the moment, is only ruled out for this game. Is expected to be back for the 3rrd ODI unless he is rested for the series .... One of Jadhav/Pandey/Dubey  is expected to play unless someone is flown in to be WK

6 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Pandey for Pant and Saini for Thakur. No Dube pls. His bowling will be taken apart and his batting isn't anything to feel great about... Pandey is in good form and should do well here.

Forgot that Pandeyji is in the squad,but can he be a power hitter at 6?