Over 430 Dalits convert to Islam in Coimbatore citing injustice, more conversions underway

Gollum

Illavenil, the state secretary of the Tamil Puligal Katchi, told India Today that legally 430 people have converted to Islam and many more are in the process of the conversion.

India Today covered it today and looked pretty legit. 2500-3000 more people expected to convert soon. Most of their claims about discrimination sounded BS, this coming from someone who has a lot of empathy for lower caste brethren. Always believed that upper caste Hindus who treat SC/STs like **** are the worst enemies of our faith system and seen these things firsthand (in places which lag way behind TN when it comes to social justice), can sense exaggeration by these new converts. 

Ramalingam was brutally murdered by PFI cadre last year for peacefully opposing conversion of Dalit Hindus, breeding place for ex-SIMI/PFI.......Islamists have been pretty active in South for the past few years. GOI shouldn't sit idle IMO. 

Meenakshipuram part 2? (1981 Meenakshipuram conversion )When Hindu orgs tried to reconvert them it led to many communal murders back then, mostly Hindu leaders being victims. 
Edited by Gollum

I am aware about the Meenakshipuram case and have noticed that even in other cases  groups of marginalized Hindus have always converted to Islam.  Now I wonder why in a land of diverse religions such as  India do these discriminated people always opt to  convert to Islam? Is Islam the only perfect solution ?  Why not convert to Sikhism or Jainism instead?  Or just turn atheist,  stop following any religion at all.  Or maybe its the case of Islamic Dawaah Groups being more active to take advantage of these people and bring them under their fold to increase their numbers?    Or maybe its their way to spite the people who discriminated against them by choosing Islam as its the most anti-Hindu religion ?

Now these Dalits who previously held mild harmless beliefs will start propagating hatred against Kaffirs,  intolerance against other faiths and become more extreme in their beliefs.  Such a lose -lose situation.

We talk about a strong India which can resist any external threat but what about this poison called Islam that is rapidly spreading across the country and weakening it from within ?  History is evident that Hindus cannot flourish or even survive in any region that falls to Muslims, all this fake co-existence Hindu-Muslim bhaichara is only possible when demographies are in favour of Hindus.  Eventually people with flexible beliefs will lose to people who are rigid. Many more Hindus will convert to Islam than the other way around,  more Hindu Girls will marry Muslim Boys than the other way around - Love Jihad,  even after UCC,  the fertility rate among Muslims will continue to be higher than the Hindus.  The stage is being set for a Muslim dominance in India.  Predictions were being made that by 2050 India will have the largest Muslim Population in the World,  I think at this rate we shall reach there by 2040. What a proud achievement that will be ! Imagine when that happens all these Secular parties would be falling over each other for a pie of Muslim Vote Bank.  Even now they are difficult to control and are creating anarchy against the Government,  with even bigger numbers they will  have the potential to force the State machinery to bow down to their demands or else we will have a full blown Civil War in India while  Islamic Enemy Pakistan is waiting to take the advantage on the borders. 

Also it is an easy way for publicity, the puppeteers in these cases (eg TPK head here) will be A grade attention seekers, either with political ambition or who want to use blackmail as a weapon for financial benefits. It won't make news if they become Sikh, Buddhist, Jain. Not even if they become Christian because Christianity camouflages itself very well and there isn't any major threat of irrational violence against non-believers. Convert to Islam and rightly it is a message that can not go unnoticed, it is also a lifelong commitment and they can't change their minds without inviting apostasy charges->can end only one way. We have a history with Islam in Bharat, starting from conquest of Sindh. This is a civilizational war which has cost tens of millions of lives and something that will never stop. 

Jai Bhim Jai Meem jokers too are misleading poor, uneducated, gullible Dalits by painting a wrong picture of co-existence of the 2 communities. Same b@stards are opposing CAA which will help Hindu refugees from Pak who predominantly belong to their caste. If Dalits really respect Babasaheb they must read what he wrote about Islam and why he didn't opt for a non-dharmic religion. Had he wanted who in India could have stopped him when Dalits had their huge mass conversion event in the 50s? He initially explored Sikhism (suffers same problem albeit to a lesser extent), then on further reading chose Buddhism.....we consider Buddha as an avatar of Lord Vishnu and he happens to be one of the super-duper mahapurushs to take birth and attain enlightenment in Bharat Mata. What link does the Islamic prophet have with our land except his order to slaughter/rape our ancestors? When it comes to India, what is the legacy/influence (positive) of the Prophet compared to our own rebels like Buddha, Mahavir, Basavanna, Guru Nanak? Is there nothing to be proud of these men (gifts to mankind)? 

I have no problem with Dalits who convert to other dharmic systems, many Hindus who treat them like pests must introspect and improve. But Islam? For centuries Dalits were discriminated against by UC Hindus and also tortured by Islamic zealots (double whammy), there must have been incentive/overtures to convert and move up the social hierarchy ladder. My paternal forefathers were from Kashi for hundreds of years and we know what that place suffered cos of crescent, my maternal side ancestors saw the ruthlessness/fanaticism of Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan...I respect them for upholding their dharma against great odds. 10x more respect to today's SC/ST ke ancestors who chose to stay within the folds of Hinduism (and other Indic religions) and attempt to get justice internally. And they succeeded to a great extent as well, not just Dalits but many UC Hindus too helped undo the historic wrongs. Why throw away all that?

Edited by Gollum

@Gollum  Christians dont look these dalit converts as their own .. so these guys are turning towards islam

i have one ( true liberal ) muslim friend from coimbatore  , long back he himself said most middle and upper class muslims dont like dalit converts .. 

i really dont think these caste things will change for the next 3/4 generations .. so other  option for dalits are convert to buddism

i think dalit discrimination is there even among sikhs in punjab

How do the secular Hindus deal with Dalits?

5 hours ago, javier26 said:

Now I wonder why in a land of diverse religions such as  India do these discriminated people always opt to  convert to Islam? Is Islam the only perfect solution ?  Why not convert to Sikhism or Jainism instead?  Or just turn atheist,  stop following any religion at all.

I think that atheist movement is almost non-existent in India. At least on the political level. Therefore, Dalits will not get any voice if they turn to atheism. 

Atheist movement is also absent at Dawah level/missionary level/Ghar Wapsi level. 

It survives and spread only in the educated part of the society at individual level. Thus it has no chance to impress the Dalits. 

Ok I normally stay away from such topics especially in ICF here but need to give context first here.

The background behind the events have taken place is there was a huge and a very high wall which was constructed first illegally by the owner of the property with the sole reason of keeping the lower caste people out of his view from his house. Among the locals the house and the said wall is very much known as theendaamai suvar(literal translation : untouchability wall). The owner is a textile shop owner. Don't think even jails have that big walls btw. The initial height of the wall was 8 feet but it was raised to 20 feet(which is *ing illegal and i don't know who gave him permission) if i'm not wrong.

The dalits living there had by all news sources complained very many times to the local authorities to bring down the wall as it poses certain death risks as the dalits have houses where they lived pretty close to the wall. When rains lashed last december the wall came down and it took 17 lives with them.

There's simply no justice in this country. No wonder we have such misery here.

Edited by Stan AF

43 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

There are SC Muslims if I'm not wrong? 

SCs have to be Hindus to avail reservations. Converts don’t have the privilege. There are Dalit activists and media support and of course the Church drumming up legislative support to include converts in SC category. With enough converts, it becomes a voting block and very soon politilicians esp in TN will make it a law as an election promise. Regional parties like AAP, DMK wil cash in on such fantastic bonanza where they are not held by any ideology and can be turncoats to sell it to anyone and it will be a law. India is free for all .

Edited by coffee_rules

27 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

SCs have to be Hindus to avail reservations. Converts don’t have the privilege. There are Dalit activists and media support and of course the Church drumming up legislative support to include converts in SC category. With enough converts, it becomes a voting block and very soon politilicians esp in TN will make it a law as an election promise. Regional parties like AAP, DMK wil cash in on such fantastic bonanza where they are not held by any ideology and can be turncoats to sell it to anyone and it will be a law. India is free for all .

I am not 100% sure about this .. Dalit converts can claim benefits 

2 hours ago, sergio04 said:

This was one funny incident .. 

libtards Like dmk started blaming Hindus when the wall collapsed and killed scores of Dalits .

later turned out to be that wall was built by tribes to protect them from animals ( forest area ) ...

they silently edited and deleted their tweets ( including dumbass Stalin )