Jump to content
Gollum

Canadian think-tank says Pakistan behind Khalistan groups, Trudeau govt dragging feet

Recommended Posts

LINK

Among the organisations it mentions is Sikh for Justice, a pro-Khalistan group banned by India. A few days ago, the Indian government declared its chief, Gurpatwant Singh Pannun, a designated terrorist under the UAPA and ordered attachment of his properties

Quote

A Canadian think-tank has brought out a report accusing Pakistan of fuelling the Khalistan movement in Canada, and saying the Justin Trudeau government is dragging its feet on the matter due to domestic political compulsions.

Among the organisations it mentions is Sikh for Justice, a pro-Khalistan group banned by India. A few days ago, the Indian government declared its chief, Gurpatwant Singh Pannun, a designated terrorist under the UAPA and ordered attachment of his properties.

The report, released on September 9 by the McDonald Laurier Institute, has been authored by journalist Terry Milewski. In ‘Khalistan: A Project of Pakistan’, Milewski says Islamabad is backing the movement designed to subvert the national security of both Canada and India. It points to a map of Khalistan released by the separatists that excludes all of Pakistan Punjab.

It claims that in 2018, a ‘Public Report on the Terrorism Threat to Canada’ brought out by the Canadian government changed the original text that said “Sikh (Khalistani) extremist ideologies and movements” to “extremists who support violent means to establish an independent state within India”. According to Milewski, this was done under “pressure of well-funded fringe activists” in Canada.

The report says Sikh separatism has no traction among Indian Sikhs, and is limited to a very small part of the community even overseas. “Even so, from Surrey, British Columbia to Brampton, Ontario, Canadian politicians of both left and right often assume that separatist groups such as the WSO (World Sikh Organisation) and Sikhs for Justice speak for the Sikh community. The evidence, instead, suggests that they speak for Pakistan.”

Pointing to a map of Khalistan put out by the referendum campaigners, the report says it “does not reach one inch into traditional Sikh lands in Pakistan… even to Nankana Sahib, sacred birthplace of Guru Nanak… It appears, then, that Pakistan wants the Sikhs to be free, but not in Pakistan.”

Milewski goes on to talk about an online referendum launched by Sikhs For Justice for a separate Sikh state, planned for November. While noting that western democracies with large Sikh communities like Canada, Britain and the US are sceptical of it (Canada has said it won’t recognise it), the report is critical of India for banning it. This gave the campaign with little support “undue importance”, his report says.

 

 

 

Common knowledge but good if Western media picks this up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was born in India, a Sikh living in Canada. I am not aware of any Khalistan movement here.

 

Other than Bhindrawale’s photo at some Gurudwara’s, there is nothing related to Khalistan in Canada.

 

and it’s just boomers, Canadian born Sikhs are not religious. They are aware of Sikh genocide and they have right to this history knowledge.

 

Due to sheer number of Punjabis in Vancouver and Toronto and distinct identity symbols like Turban, most Canadians are aware of Punjabi ethnicity. Some seem to think of Sikhs as Punjabi first Indian second.

 

This is nothing but stoking hatred.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Q to those sikhs  who still harbor love for this movement is do u really see Islamists as your ally in this fight of yours?  Which country let thousands of Sikh brothers & sisters from Afghanistan, Pak.. long term visa to migrate to India? And who recently slaughtered so many Sikhs in Afghanistan in lieu of taking revenge after Delhi riots? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2020 at 2:40 PM, Texy said:

My Q to those sikhs  who still harbor love for this movement is do u really see Islamists as your ally in this fight of yours?  Which country let thousands of Sikh brothers & sisters from Afghanistan, Pak.. long term visa to migrate to India? And who recently slaughtered so many Sikhs in Afghanistan in lieu of taking revenge after Delhi riots? 

Here is the thing. I had the same view. But its not about choice its about reconciliation. BJP while in govt should apologise for the anti sick violence by Congress start reconciliation. Do some grand standing, this item will die.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Vilander said:

Here is the thing. I had the same view. But its not about choice its about reconciliation. BJP while in govt should apologise for the anti sick violence by Congress start reconciliation. Do some grand standing, this item will die.

FYI, Khalistan movement started much before riots happened. Riots happened when Khalistani terrorists killed Indira Gandhi then Congress leaders started targetting Sikhs. So, it is not like they will stop Khalistan movement if govt apologize. Yes, Govt can and should but that's not going to make much of a difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

FYI, Khalistan movement started much before riots happened. Riots happened when Khalistani terrorists killed Indira Gandhi then Congress leaders started targetting Sikhs. So, it is not like they will stop Khalistan movement if govt apologize. Yes, Govt can and should but that's not going to make much of a difference.

not withstanding - the enemy in this case does not care abt facts or agreements - they do propaganda and lies. India should reconcile unconditionally with Sikh brothers. Hindus and Sikhs are dharmic siblings so to say, there should be full reconciliation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Kanedian bhikari Pappu PM , supports and shelters khalistanis, and begs India for Covid vaccines. Shameless langoor.

 

 

Hope GoI can use "vaccine diplomacy" to restrain Trudeau and his support for separatist groups operating out of Canada.  We have something they want.  Give it to them if they do x, y, z.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trudeau is a type of leader who is concerned about his people and not his 'Ego' unlike Modi, If Khalistan issue was a serious one, he would've dealt with it. For India to be a 'True Democracy' like USA & Canada....it needs to flush out it's corrupt politicians who play with the blood of it's own people. Canada doesn't have mass production of the vaccine so it is asking for it. This means Trudeau cares for his people....Respect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Trudeau is a type of leader who is concerned about his people and not his 'Ego' unlike Modi, If Khalistan issue was a serious one, he would've dealt with it. For India to be a 'True Democracy' like USA & Canada....it needs to flush out it's corrupt politicians who play with the blood of it's own people. Canada doesn't have mass production of the vaccine so it is asking for it. This means Trudeau cares for his people....Respect.

Canada asking for vaccine = Respect for Trudeau.

India offering to supply vaccine = Modi is evil 2 faced monster.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, construction430 said:

Canada asking for vaccine = Respect for Trudeau.

India offering to supply vaccine = Modi is evil 2 faced monster.

 

 

 

Yet again....typical twisted analysis by a bjp supporter....read my post again......I said Respect to Trudeau for 'thinking/caring' about people of Canada. Also, India won't be offering Vaccine for free. 

Edited by Under_Score
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

So he is seeking India for vaccine, why is he not going to his friends in Pak, China, Aus, EU or US. 

But Modi acknowledging his req on humanitarian grounds despite having clear grounds to demand not to shelter terrorists worshipped in Kanedian gurdwaras, is evil , fasicist, ambani boot licker. Hypocrisy of Kanedians 

Whom he is seeking from is his choice, it's the magic drug in this current situation. At least he's not using the Modi snub during Trudeau's visit to India as an excuse for not to ask from India. On the other hand, mentality of bjp followers is.....let's take advantage of this...how low :facepalm:

Edited by Under_Score
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Hope GoI can use "vaccine diplomacy" to restrain Trudeau and his support for separatist groups operating out of Canada.  We have something they want.  Give it to them if they do x, y, z.  

 

India has been demanding action from Kaneda, but Trudeau has shamelessly ignored, and now without shame is asking for medical assistance. I don't know with what face he is asking. But, I don't think think this diplomacy works with India unlike China. West considers too weak and poor to be able to arm twist a powerfule western nation. We will not see it in our lifetime

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

 

India has been demanding action from Kaneda, but Trudeau has shamelessly ignored, and now without shame is asking for medical assistance. I don't know with what face he is asking. But, I don't think think this diplomacy works with India unlike China. West considers too weak and poor to be able to arm twist a powerfule western nation. We will not see it in our lifetime

This is not, and should not be, about face saving.  His people need vaccines.  India can supply them.  Maybe now he will negotiate.  Otherwise, what leverage did India have?

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...