will DK lose captaincy?

Vk1

I have a feeling that this guy will be dropped as captain midway this IPL.. he was never a captaincy material to begin with.. they become a poor team under him..  last year luckily fot them they had some miraculous wins thanks to DreRus..  when you have Morgan, why do you even want to go with DK as captain :wall:

Edited by Vk1

1 hour ago, The Dark Horse said:

The problem is their bowling. They don't have a single consistent dependable bowler like say a Bumrah. Narine is on and off. Kuldeep doesn't have the zip anymore. There is no pace spearhead. They have to sort this out fast.

Narine n russell both have injury so cant rely for 4 over each together they have to 

cummins not a t20 bowler

kuldeep out of soughts

Rest are inexperienced 

Problem is also teams have figured out narine batting, he can only score against trundlers or idiots like umesh . They shud see him n cummins for few games then switch to Lockie n chris green 

He has never seemed a great pick for captaincy. But in 2018, when KKR finished third, wasnt he the captain?  Then I guess he has something to show for his credibility. But I dont think he is great in man management and I also get the feel that TM doesnt back him enough. 

Also, He isnt the best bat in his side. He is captain only because there is no experienced Indian regular in this side. That doesnt induce much trust and confidence in his team mates i guess. I dont get the feel that the team enjoys playing out there and has lot of unhappy and confused vibes.

Eversince the Kuldeep meltdown last season, things were going south for them and players not delivering upto their potential. Their star foreign players are also either carrying injuries or not in form. They need to sort out thier combination and get some confidence going otherwise i see them competing for the wooden spoon.

If Morgan is available fully and able to score some runs, I can easily see him taking over from him in the middle. 

Unfortunately yes. It could happen. He had a great chance to win in 2018 but he lost to the stupid 0-4 SRH of all teams in the semi's. That kind of opportunity won't come again.

KKR might have all the batting might in the world but their bowling is incoherent and out of sorts.

Does Morgan even warrant a place in the 11 on these slow wickets ?:dontknow:

Yesterday he looked all at sea. 

KKR should rope in Banton and drop Narine back to the lower order. Also it's now pretty clear that Lockie >>>>>>> Cummins. 

Banton

Gill

Tripathi

Rana

DK

Russell

Narine

Kuldeep

Lockie

Mavi

Prasidh

1 hour ago, Sonix768 said:

He has never seemed a great pick for captaincy. But in 2018, when KKR finished third, wasnt he the captain?  Then I guess he has something to show for his credibility. But I dont think he is great in man management and I also get the feel that TM doesnt back him enough. 

Also, He isnt the best bat in his side. He is captain only because there is no experienced Indian regular in this side. That doesnt induce much trust and confidence in his team mates i guess. I dont get the feel that the team enjoys playing out there and has lot of unhappy and confused vibes.

Eversince the Kuldeep meltdown last season, things were going south for them and players not delivering upto their potential. Their star foreign players are also either carrying injuries or not in form. They need to sort out thier combination and get some confidence going otherwise i see them competing for the wooden spoon.

If Morgan is available fully and able to score some runs, I can easily see him taking over from him in the middle. 

agree.. IPL played with just 8 teams out of which two teams are always struggling.. so winning should be everything for a well organized and balanced team like KKR.. unfortunately for them they have picked someone as a captain who basically doesnt have the skills for that stage. You cannot win IPL with mediocre captaincy.. history is proof of that.

World CUP winning Captain should never be the criteria. Morgan also has some big losses as captain in his bag like WC 2015 exit and CT2017 and WT2016. It is that he has performed as a batsman and has shown great maturity after the big loss and that's why he has been persisted with captaincy. Karthik if doesnt perform as batsman after 3-4 games and doesnt rectify his mistakes as captain, then only Morgan should be considered that too because Morgan has experience as captain. Even Morgan isnt sure pick on these pitches. This mentality of "World Winning Captain" has done a lot of damage to India when one such person was given authority to do whatever he can. Nobody is irreplaceable or granted choice as some particular role. I can bet that even Morgan wont be sureshot pick of England captain for next wc unless he performs consistently. They are that much flexible..Process can go and suck anywhere, result should matter. 

Edited by Bigg Brother