Why does every Indian batsman want to take 20 balls to get in now?

saged

Just on another note, the supposed former no.1 batsman in T20 cricket and currently no.2 (lol) i.e Babar Azam indulges in same stats boosting exercise regularly for Pakistan, for which Rahul is being rightfully criticized & condemned in this IPL. 

It just goes to show the whole idea is flawed in terms of T20 rankings even at international level. For me Rahul has been the best T20 batsman in international cricket in last year & half not that stats booster Azam. However it's ironical, Rahul has gone on that selfish route of making impact less runs in two consecutive IPLs.

3 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Just on another note, the supposed former no.1 batsman in T20 cricket and currently no.2 (lol) i.e Babar Azam indulges in same stats boosting exercise regularly for Pakistan, for which Rahul is being rightfully criticized & condemned in this IPL. 

It just goes to show the whole idea is flawed in terms of T20 rankings even at international level. For me Rahul has been the best T20 batsman in international cricket in last year & half not that stats booster Azam. However it's ironical, Rahul has gone on that selfish route of making impact less runs in two consecutive IPLs.

You can afford to have 1 batsman playing like that, but not the entire top order.

6 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I am quite astonished with the slow approach of KL Rahul. Not sure if Punjab deliberately asked him to play that way but he was much more attacking before.

Pressure.  His MO is unreliable (Pooran) or downright bad (Maxwell, Nair), and his coach is a tyrant.  Yen maadthaan papa (what can he do, poor guy)?  

7 hours ago, chewy said:

Rohit himself is an average T20 player, too many trying to cement their names with runs scored rather than impactful innings.

Rohit and Dhawan are cancer for India in T20s.

Who is the Indian batsman who is better than Rohit in T20s and can open the innings.He is certainly better than Azam and Malan. Dhawan on other hand is not suited for t20s.

Guys like Pandya will score quick 20 thats all.If he is  that  good and  can score from ball one why he is not asking his team for opening slot. He is good for those 20s and 30s and occasional 50.He is very limited batsman.

Rohit on other hand if he is set has ability to score 50 plus and also 100s while making up the  SR. . There is no youngster in view in this IPL who has ability to launch  from Ball one and sustain it.

We have seen what pressure of captaincy is doing for Rahul .Rahul it took almost five years to develop to this extent.Hope he goes back to his old self.He is a must for T20 team.I don't know why he has quit WK.

Rohit is not the problem , it is other guys who are in the team who are problem.

Edited by putrevus

The standout so far has been Mayank.  You can clearly see he is playing with T20 mindset.  Gill has been Pathetic..  Paddikal looks a bigger match winner than him in T20. Shaw has been on & off..  Intent is not an issue. 

Intent wise Mayank>Paddikal>Shaw..  Rest are all poor. 

19 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

The standout so far has been Mayank.  You can clearly see he is playing with T20 mindset.  Gill has been Pathetic..  Paddikal looks a bigger match winner than him in T20. Shaw has been on & off..  Intent is not an issue. 

Gill is not suited for T20s.He simply does not have the game yet, he might develop but he should be playing longer formats.Padikkal does not have the top gear and  he is getting tired after reaching 50, he needs to work on his fitnesss, but this is his first season so it is understandable..

Mayank has been good, he already is in test team.Where are the new guys who can replace Rohit.

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Gill should not be considered for T20 . If he plays more in T20s , we will lose him in Tests & 50 overs where he is better suited .