Why are guys like Hooda,Mandeep etc picked by teams time and again?

maniac

I can understand if it is a player with some  brand value like say Jadeja or Jadhav who represented India 

It makes sense if it is an Indian legend like Dada, Yuvraj who might have overstayed in this format.

Guys like Dinda,VinayKumar,Unadkut,Sandeep have had their good moments too. 

However how are these guys picked time and again?  Are they domestic legends? It makes no sense. I don’t think I have ever seen them perform but they almost play in the starting line ups many years.

there are 8 IPL teams they have to have 160-200 players together who can play atleast at decent s/r

u knw any deserving players that are missing out .

Max there wud 2-3 

At one side u want players who come from solid foundation and other side u rejecting them leading ti ne option looking for rookies 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

there are 8 IPL teams they have to have 160-200 players together who can play atleast at decent s/r

u knw any deserving players that are missing out .

Max there wud 2-3 

At one side u want players who come from solid foundation and other side u rejecting them leading ti ne option looking for rookies 

why does it have to be One extreme or the other, how about the no.2,3,4 in the waiting list?

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Coz u cant have 200 crickters of bumrah kohli standard in a country

that doesn’t mean they will keep playing forever without performing. At some point you go to the next best player. So that doesn’t even make sense.

Just now, maniac said:

that doesn’t mean they will keep playing forever without performing. At some point you go to the next best player. So that doesn’t even make sense.

Next best is already playing and even next best to that and that

We are lucky to have a pool of 50-60 very good crickters but 150-200 not possible. 

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

All good ones are selected and when these are left teams are bound to go for them rather then pintu parcha. 

U think if teams dont want a zaheer khan but reality is all they are left with is khaleel, unadkat and all . 

Hooda has been brilliant in Indian doemstic competitions be it t20s or LOI’s.

Just like many IPl top performers have gone on to fail in the Indian team, similarly Hooda by chance hasn’t fired in IPL after dling good in domestic.

Few years ago, Hooda deserved to be ahead of other youngsters in 50 over format when international t20s weren’t happening much t20 internationals were only kept to world t20s. He was batting that well. Few failures in IPl and people mix things up and then player’s credibility starts to get questioned whoch shooldn’t be the case. 

While t20 and IPl should open the doors for players to be eventually picked for team India’s 50 over team at some point, a player who strugges in t20 or in IPl shouldn’t lose their credibility and that shouldn’t count against their chances for 50 over. I hope Hooda clicks all this IPL. He has been a genuine performer in domestic cricket not too long ago.

7 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Hooda is not a nobody. In fact back when hr was playing for Hyderabad he was considered to be in the running for the Indian team. Unfortunately fell into obscurity for a while but he's still young. 

He did nothing in SRH even after getting enough chances. Made me pull my hair out.:blink: