Which sort of t20 bowler is more important?

I6MTW

A) A bowler who takes 3-4 wickets but concedes 40-50 + runs.

B) A bowler who is very economical and concedes only 9 or 10 runs from his 4 overs, but doesn't take any wickets or at the max takes only 1 wicket.

Edited by I6MTW

Definitely B. But need 2-3 type B bowlers to win matches

B only happens if all other bowlers are crap in the team. So batsmen will see off the quality bowler because they know they can target others like Rashid khan in SRH now. If there are more than one quality bowler in the side, B will also get wickets

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

9-10 runs 4 overs is also a rare stuff. You are here presenting extreme scenario. A bowler conceding 50 runs will rarely pic 3 wickets. You need 2/30, 2/35 type bowlers rather.

Well, I specified a range of 40-50. There have been instances of bowlers taking wickets but conceding 40+ runs. It's only 2 for 60 or 3 for 60 that is rare. 

This season there have been a lot of of bowlers conceding in the 9-12 runs range. Like Rashid Khan, Sundar, and even Archer one match I think.

Type B anyday. 

10 runs in 4 overs basically leaves you with only 16 overs and even if the other team goes all gung ho we will see a target of max 180.

Wickets aren't as important as economy in t20is. 

That's why archers performance this ipl is better than shami even though he took lesser wkts

Economical bowlers like bhuvi maintain their economy in most matches but against top batsman he would get as badly smacked as anyone else. Also 9 - 12 runs in 24 balls doesn't happen again and again. If your economy is around 6 - 7 then i think you are doing good job in t20.

6 hours ago, speedheat said:

You have turned heel on thala...good but still waiting for jokes on hahahul. :willy:

Finally you realized :laugh:Most of us have been like that for about for years now. I cant speak for others but I have been needling some anti-Dhoni posters like how Jerry Lawler, an heel commentator "supports" heels in WWE. Dhoni was basically done about 4 years back. Its a shame our selection panel have kept on selecting him for international cricket.

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Finally you realized :laugh:Most of us have been like that for about for years now. I cant speak for others but I have been needling some anti-Dhoni posters like how Jerry Lawler, an heel commentator "supports" heels in WWE. Dhoni was basically done about 4 years back. Its a shame our selection panel have kept on selecting him for international cricket.

I am a tweener I hit both. :phehe:

Needle some hahahul fans next Punjab match let's have some fun, he has been treated like a god on this forum who  don't do a thing wrong . :phehe:

3 minutes ago, speedheat said:

I am a tweener I hit both. :phehe:

Needle some hahahul fans next Punjab match let's have some fun, he has been treated like a god on this forum who  don't do a thing wrong . :phehe:

hahaul is a nervous wreck. he should either bat aggressively at the top like Mayank or come down the order to finish the match like Dhoni used to do. I guess he is not suitable to do the latter job and its already too late in his cricketing development to do so unless he goes through a sports psychologist. anyway its a waste of time and he should bat aggressively at the top and look for a finisher like Maxwell to do the finishing touches.

Oh BTW, I haven't seen you hit midget god though. are you a phan. The only guy who evokes banning criticism from his fans is him. So apt was the name of his autobiography - "playing it my way" :lol: its a team sport but he likes to play the game his own way. @zen your thouhgts?

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

hahaul is a nervous wreck. he should either bat aggressively at the top like Mayank or come down the order to finish the match like Dhoni used to do. I guess he is not suitable to do the latter job and its already too late in his cricketing development to do so unless he goes through a sports psychologist. anyway its a waste of time and he should bat aggressively at the top and look for a finisher like Maxwell to do the finishing touches.

Oh BTW, I haven't seen you hit midget god though. are you a phan. The only guy who evokes banning criticism of him from his fans is him. So apt was the name of his autobiography - "playing it my way" :lol: its a team sport but he likes to play the game his own way. @zen your thouhgts?

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Oh BTW, I haven't seen you hit midget god though. are you a phan. The only guy who evokes banning criticism from his fans is him. So apt was the name of his autobiography - "playing it my way" :lol: its a team sport but he likes to play the game his own way. @zen your thouhgts?

For last para.... I will not disclose the secret yet. :smokin: