India will play 17(possibly 18) test matches in 2021!!!

Serpico

Why are everyone assuming India will walk all over SA in their home?

I think Kolpak is done and some of their main players are available and so is the quota system. They also have some big names at the helm now.

Obviously India currently has the best bowling unit in history and for fans who knew what SA was in the 90’s this one is a joke but still they can be competitive. I would say a 1-1 in SA

24 minutes ago, maniac said:

I think Kolpak is done and some of their main players are available and so is the quota system. They also have some big names at the helm now.

Obviously India currently has the best bowling unit in history and for fans who knew what SA was in the 90’s this one is a joke but still they can be competitive. I would say a 1-1 in SA

saffer bowlers are definitely not finger friendly .. going to expose our hacks again :((

even theor trundler lungi bowls 135-140+  :csk:  

10 hours ago, maniac said:

World cricket needs strong SA that being said India has a chance in SA but will have to play well consistently to win as they did in Aus by negating their strong attack we have the attack to blow lineups if our batsmen score bare minimum to bowl at

57 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Not that easy to defeat SA in SA. 

They whitewashed Pakistan with the same team. 

So Pakistan, one of the worst test teams going around,  is your benchmark now? SL did win a series in SA, despite being at their weakest in test cricket. If we can't win now, we should pretending to be a string test unit. Beating sides at home is something we have been doing for decades.

57 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Not that easy to defeat SA in SA. 

They whitewashed Pakistan with the same team. 

Pakistan are a crap team. Why don't you look at how Sri Lanka (another crap team) beat... scratch that... clean sweep them. 

Elgar

Markram

Rassie van der dusen

Du Plesis

Bavuma

De kock

Xxxxxxxx

Rabada

Maharaj

Ngidi

Nortje 

That batting line up is poor. Bowling is ok. We should beat them 

29 minutes ago, Norman said:

Pakistan are a crap team. Why don't you look at how Sri Lanka (another crap team) beat... scratch that... clean sweep them. 

Elgar

Markram

Rassie van der dusen

Du Plesis

Bavuma

De kock

Xxxxxxxx

Rabada

Maharaj

Ngidi

Nortje 

That batting line up is poor. Bowling is ok. We should beat them 

Yeah that Oliver guy actually picked up truck load of wickets vs Pak.  He has gone Kolpak route now I guess. 

England also smashed them badly.  SL got lucky with slower venues like Durban & Pt Elizabeth not Highveld ones like Ind & Pak got.  Hopefully we also get to play at Durban this time.  Should win Imo.  Easiest of SENA tours atm. 

7 hours ago, Suhaan said:

World cricket needs strong SA that being said India has a chance in SA but will have to play well consistently to win as they did in Aus by negating their strong attack we have the attack to blow lineups if our batsmen score bare minimum to bowl at

yes true. India definitely has a chance. However touring SA is not going to be like touring SL or Bangladesh. Sure, they got owned by Srilanka but they just recently destroyed Aussies (the sandpaper series), white washed Pakistan, beat India 2-1 etc. They are probably like WI in 1995-1998, declining but still can win from now where and have a competent bowling and batting line up.

RSA is scared of India, body language spells it out. 2018 ABDV got them over the line (guess who kept begging him to come back from hiatus) and our horrendous catching, that Centurion test saw the worst catching I have seen in a cricket match in any format, any level.....10 drops across the field and not just slips (Ashwin would have got 12-13 wickets otherwise) and Pappu behind stumps. If we can limit to 3-4 drops per test we should win the series irrespective of toss...we'll lose a test cos can't chase anything over 100. 

Edited by Gollum
18 hours ago, maniac said:

Their Batting has declined and so has bowling, Who else then Rabada ? Nortje im not sure is good in test as of now 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Their Batting has declined and so has bowling, Who else then Rabada ? Nortje im not sure is good in test as of now 

Lungi might be good in home conditions and you never know what talent will pop out. 

They still have Dekock,Faf,Markram (rate him highly) and this other youngster not remembering his name, played vs Pak and in WC but that guy is going to be big too.

Yes they are weak right now and rebuilding but they are not going to easy like a 2-0 result like everyone seems to be thinking.

In terms of away series toughness:

Aus>Eng>>NZ>>RSA

NZ is easier (despite this year's result) since it is always easier to fluke a 2 test series. Hell we were leading in 2014 Eng 1-0 after 1st 2 tests, we were leading against ATG Aus in 03-04 heading to MCG. With a little more luck and mental toughness we would have whitewashed NZ in 2014.

Aus toughest since they are going to be a top test side competing for ICC mace for another 3-4 years at least. 

26 minutes ago, maniac said:

Lungi might be good in home conditions and you never know what talent will pop out. 

he is a good bowler but in last yr of so he has started bowling more cutter then seam ups 

26 minutes ago, maniac said:

They still have Dekock,Faf,Markram (rate him highly) and this other youngster not remembering his name, played vs Pak and in WC but that guy is going to be big too.

Makram is good but 3 against our lineup and they are no geniuses like ABDV

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he is a good bowler but in last yr of so he has started bowling more cutter then seam ups 

Makram is good but 3 against our lineup and they are no geniuses like ABDV

So you are telling me SA is easy pickings like SL,WI and India will easily get 2-0?

India being the favorites is a sure thing obviously but SA are not going to be pushovers as they still have a competitive team.

What exactly are you disagreeing on?

1 minute ago, maniac said:

So you are telling me SA is easy pickings like SL,WI and India will easily get 2-0?

India being the favorites is a sure thing obviously but SA are not going to be pushovers as they still have a competitive team.

What exactly are you disagreeing on?

They wont be easy coz our geniuses will find a way to mess it up but if their was a chance  it cud not get easier then this in SA . IM not disagreeing im saying this SA is very weak which is why ppl are considering any sane and good team shud walk all over them....we are a good but sane word is a worry