Mayank Aggarwal's Technique

Last time he was new this time Aussies will come with a plan against him, their is a chink in his game 

main-qimg-80345c49148ddc0fc066eae02ddbd7.

main-qimg-83a5101b8cab3a9f7dd9f06bcb3a70

main-qimg-6f6146f20872171e6c1a48c85e4b18

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReL7DO7wd9lFy7MpKaH-7

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I hve seen more of this in NZ-A series , this time they will target this Area specially cummins 

If the ball is pitched in good length in channel outside off stump, He is either going for a back foot punch or trying defend instead of leaving. That was a flaw of Virat Kohli in 2014 England series which he eventually corrected now.

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Last time he was new this time Aussies will come with a plan against him, their is a chink in his game 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I hve seen more of this in NZ-A series , this time they will target this Area specially cummins 

If the ball is pitched in good length in channel outside off stump, He is either going for a back foot punch or trying defend instead of leaving. That was a flaw of Virat Kohli in 2014 England series which he eventually corrected now.

They showed this flaw during a home test series also. I forgot which team it was. Let's hope he has worked on correcting this. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hazelwood might exploit this more than anyone I think.  Mayank doesn't need to go Kohli way but look to play square or use horizontal bat strokes like square cut more often.  Big test for him no doubt though. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hazelwood might exploit this more than anyone I think.  Mayank doesn't need to go Kohli way but look to play square or use horizontal bat strokes like square cut more often.  Big test for him no doubt though. 

Cummins to, boult also got out on inswing last time so starc can do that to

34 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Cummins to, boult also got out on inswing last time so starc can do that to

That dissmissal to Boult was a peach.  A left armer bringing the ball in to a RHB on a green mamba.  It was too good a ball.  Starc can try to recreate that but only Boult is expert in that way & Indian batters have no idea to handle him.  Last time Indians played Starc very well.  He may be threat with a pink ball though. 

Frankly I do not expect much from Mayank.  But that's not a bad place to be.

One thing going for him? He is mentally in quite possibly, the best space of his life.  And also in very good form with the bat.  Whatever he manages to do, or not do - its going to be close to his best possible effort.  So maybe he can come through.  At least a couple of times.  

I like the guy - more for his mental strength than his batting technique.  But the former is often underrated.  

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

One thing going for him? He is mentally in quite possibly, the best space of his life.  And also in very good form with the bat.  Whatever he manages to do, or not do - its going to be close to his best possible effort.  So maybe he can come through.  At least a couple of times.  

I like the guy - more for his mental strength than his batting technique.  But the former is often underrated.  

hopefully he does well coz if he does he completely takes lyon out of the game 

9 hours ago, sandeep said:

True , he looks clear minded .I think he will do well this series.I am sure he will go big in Scg and Mcg .Not so sure about the pink ball test.

3 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

The moving length ball on top of or outside the off stump has always been a vulnerabilty of most batsmen.  McGrath built a career around bowling on that zone.

So I'm not sure why it is a particular flaw of Mayank's.  Unless he's especially weak in that regard?

coz his weakness is his backfoot gets stuck putting in him in awkward position , yes everyone has weakness n its meant to be exploited. 

I just pointed out that weakness....whats the fuzz i didnt say he is bad 

Doesn’t know where his off stump is because of lack of confidence ... he playing balls and fishing when he should duck or leave it .. we will probably see him taking a leg - middle guard and a be a bit more front on ... he needs a good second innings and should feel the bounce and sound of that four ... he will back in Knick no time .. we need persist .. so what he gets out that’s why we have 11 players others need to step up ... also his back leg is getting across too much for lefties .. 

46 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

Doesn’t know where his off stump is because of lack of confidence ... he playing balls and fishing when he should duck or leave it .. we will probably see him taking a leg - middle guard and a be a bit more front on ... he needs a good second innings and should feel the bounce and sound of that four ... he will back in Knick no time .. we need persist .. so what he gets out that’s why we have 11 players others need to step up ... also his back leg is getting across too much for lefties .. 

nothing to do with confidence which is sky high at this moment coz its his peak phase , this is just a technique issue . Virat kohli had same issue in 2014 but his was lesser 

On 11/26/2020 at 5:23 AM, Vickydev said:

I expect him to struggle big time. He has a glaring weakness for a test match opener and the Oz will hammer away at it. 

Weakness isn't necessarily fatal. Sir Alistair Cook was vulnerable against the corridor from right arm over the wicket bowlers but he is one of the all-time great openers.