Navdeep Saini is overrated.

Bhoot

On 1/16/2021 at 1:35 PM, vishalvirsingh said:

4 over fast spells are ideal for fast bowlers.

i think Rahane got Siraj to over bowl sometimes and Saini was underbowled.

this was a mistake ..to give siraj a 7 over spell and get saini so late.

Lmao, this has to be next level delusion. Siani doesn't belong on this stage

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

And you have decided that after one test? 

2 tests 7 odis 9 t20is

Enough to see if someone is good enough. 

Not everyone should be given 50 matches to prove their worth. Even his fc stats r pathetic. 

Not like we are seeing a 20 year old next gen talent. 

Edited by Bhoot
3 hours ago, Bhoot said:

2 tests 7 odis 9 t20is

Enough to see if someone is good enough. 

Not everyone should be given 50 matches to prove their worth. Even his fc stats r pathetic. 

Not like we are seeing a 20 year old next gen talent. 

He wasn't fully fit though. He did pretty well on a flat pitch earlier. 

Need to give him a whole series to judge him. 

5 hours ago, Soldier said:

I think we keyboard selectors brush people off too easily. 

Not just yesterday, but whenever I have seen him in this entire series, Saini has looked out of sorts.  Even in Sydney, he was up and down.  He has proven in the past that he can bowl fast and hurry good batsmen, but doesn't seem to be going full tilt. 

I know LOIs are not tests, but just a year ago, he was the MOS in the Ind-SL T20Is - just showing that he does have the ability to bowl well to international batsman.  But there is definitely something wrong - either physically or just being in a bad mental space.  Maybe getting thrashed in the 2 ODIs dented his confidence.  Yesterday, he was bowling 129 - 132, and it was clear that he was not going all out.  I would have called him a trundler except that he has a recent track record of bowling nasty speeds.

One thing is for sure, though.  He will not be in the squad that plays Eng.  Just hope he is not abandoned.  I think he is a valuable asset to the Indian team, if only for LOIs, and hope for the sake of Indian cricket that he is back to his true potential. 

exactly what bravado in judging someone who bowled with an injury in both test , infact whole tour.....he split his webbing in IPL then had back spazm before the start of LOI 

Are you his doctor? Apart from this innings he was fully fit through out the series. Odis t20s 

14 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

exactly what bravado in judging someone who bowled with an injury in both test , infact whole tour.....he split his webbing in IPL then had back spazm before the start of LOI 

Hiding and playing with injury if u know you arre not fit.. That is an even bigger crime than bowling poorly. 

Essentially you are putting your team on the backfoot playing with 10 players. 

So no that excuse doesn't work too. Why did he come on the tour if he wasn't fit? Should have opted out rather than taking up one spot from someone like Tyagi. 

Edited by Bhoot
15 minutes ago, Bhoot said:

Hiding and playing with injury if u know you arre not fit.. That is an even bigger crime than bowling poorly. 

Essentially you are putting your team on the backfoot playing with 10 players. 

So no that excuse doesn't work too. Why did he come on the tour if he wasn't fit? Should have opted out rather than taking up one spot from someone like Tyagi. 

no one is hiding injury. Players get injured all the time. Give him credit for fitting into bowling plans by playing through the pain and still trying to get through his overs. 

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

no one is hiding injury. Players get injured all the time. Give him credit for fitting into bowling plans by playing through the pain and still trying to get through his overs. 

Read through the comments.. As per supporters he was injured from the ipl.. So that means he played the lois with injury too also the last test. Which affects the team directly... Either that or it's just a coping mechanism or making excuse. 

I repeat nothing against his performance im second innings..but him bowling poorly through out the tour has nothing to do with injury. 

Edited by Bhoot
26 minutes ago, Bhoot said:

Are you his doctor? Apart from this innings he was fully fit through out the series. Odis t20s 

He played well on a flat pitch until he got injured. Covid bubble inhibited him from hitting peak fitness levels. It's understandable. 

He should be given a full tests eriesm before discarding him off 

Edited by Soldier
1 minute ago, Soldier said:

He played well on a flat pitch until he got injured. Covid bubble inhibited him from hitting peak fitness levels. It's understandable. 

He should be given a full tests eriesm before discarding him off 

He got wickets because oz were generally looking to declare and wasn't playing proper test innings. Mark my words that will be his best bowling innings for foreseeable future. 

Covid bubble.. Injury bla bla

He's nt the only one.. Shardul Siraj.. All are new and bowls like they belong... Heck Washington sundar is playing long format  after 3 years. 

Just now, Bhoot said:

He got wickets because oz were generally looking to declare and wasn't playing proper test innings. Mark my words that will be his best bowling innings for foreseeable future. 

Covid bubble.. Injury bla bla

He's nt the only one.. Shardul Siraj.. All are new and bowls like they belong... Heck Washington sundar is playing long format  after 3 years. 

Maybe. But we need to already give him a full series before judging him.

He did well in ranji tbh..

As I said before Saini's biggest enemy is his age (29)  which is clearly not on his side.  He had to leave a mark on this tour for his own sake.  Don't think he'll make it Indian Test sides anymore when seniors return & Siraj Shardul seems to have already pushed him down the pecking order.  Bad luck with fitness & Injury as well.  His speeds have been down ever since he started the IPl when he was fully fit so there's something wrong clearly.

He has massive potential & I still think he has a lot to offer for Indian ODI & T20 bowling lineup.  Needs to up his pace & intensity to 2017-18 level & he can do wonders for us in limited overs