Navdeep Saini is overrated.

Bhoot

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He is going to fàil in aus series so ill prove my point....wah taaliyan 

2 lesson 

1. Lets suppose if he does newsflash player do have bad series and many .

2. Many have tried this and it has come back to haunt them and look no further then pandya example so try this only if u can take the heat back. 

He has failed not only just oz series but in NZ as well. He has been utter flop in ipl as well. Don't tell me he bowed 2 good overs here and there. Look at his economy in every edition. Oz series is just gonna be the final nail in his coffin. 

I'm not going anywhere. I don't run away. I stick to what I say

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Saini has a lot of plus points ... high release speeds, ability to seam the ball both ways, skid off the deck, a good bouncer etc.

BUT 

There is one big issue which is causing problems. He lacks natural bounce and his fuller side of good length balls hit the sweet spot of the bat and go for runs. ( For Bumrah, it hits the splice of the bat and can't be hit  ). Even an apparently okayish ball can get hit for a 4. Umesh Yadav had the same problem for a long time. Same with Sami of Pakistan.

Saini needs to start bowling on the shorter side of good length on standard bounce pitches, to hit the splice of the bat or the top of off stump.

Pacers like Saini, who lack natural bounce, always need to bowl with great accuracy and full pace. Need to hit the deck hard and work on a wrist whip perhaps.

His room for error will be less than a Bumrah or Shami. 

A good coach needs to guide him.

This is the kind of post I agree with. Need to state to flaws like u did rather than just overhyping someone to the moon especially when they are not ready. 

6 minutes ago, Bhoot said:

He has failed not only just oz series but in NZ as well. He has been utter flop in ipl as well. Don't tell me he bowed 2 good overs here and there. Look at his economy in every edition. Oz series is just gonna be the final nail in his coffin. 

Agreed 

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

What a pathetic thread. Can't expect any better from Kohli cheerleaders. Yes he's had a poor 2nd innings but that does not make him a bad bowler. 

Not surprising the OP has not listed the T20I stats. 10 matches, 13 wickets@18, ER of 7.15

In the ODIs that Saini played, the economy rates of other  pacers

Thakur 7.3

Shami 6.9

Bumrah 5.7

Cummins 6.8

Hazlewood 5.9

High ERs from even Bumrah, Cummins and Hazlewood. Tells you about the pitches. But hey, let's diss a youngster just to defend  our captain doofus and coach bombastic.

Care to check against which teams he has played those t20is?? Anyway I don't consider t20i as serious cricket(fine as club cricket) I dn care who performs or fails in that format.

Not a single t20i among those were against England or Australia. :yay:

Atleast the others you mentioned took wickets. Saini neither takes wickets nor does he control runs. 

Fact

I don't cheerlead for anyone. I call a spade a spade. Unlike some whose only agenda is to spread hatred and abuse the captain n coach. 

52 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Problem with Saini is he doesn't have age on his side.  He is freakin 28 year old & this is generally peak years of a Fast bowler not learning curve.  If he was 24-25 then this issue would not be that serious.  His pace is down as well compared to 2018-19.

He needs a world class mentor to work with him asap coz he has the potential. 

And as we know... As soon as he hits 30 All these wanna bee cool pace lovers are gonna turn on him as they always do with everyone and look for a youngsta beauty replacement 

7 minutes ago, Bhoot said:

And as we know... As soon as he hits 30 All these wanna bee cool pace lovers are gonna turn on him as they always do with everyone and look for a youngsta beauty replacement 

Look Shami is also 30-31 if I am not wrong & no one is calling for his head.  If Saini reaches his level during that period will be a good thing.  Others like Mavi,  Prasidh & Tyagi are also in line.  Saini needs to be given some time to work on.  Thakur & Nattu have taken his spot in LOIs for next few months at least. 

If things go south in this tour..  Don't count out that he may as well get a debut. 

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

Look Shami is also 30-31 if I am not wrong & no one is calling for his head.  If Saini reaches his level during that period will be a good thing.  Others like Mavi,  Prasidh & Tyagi are also in line.  Saini needs to be given some time to work on.  Thakur & Nattu have taken his spot in LOIs for next few months at least. 

If things go south in this tour..  Don't count out that he may as well get a debut. 

I see many comments here during indias match saying Shami shud be phased out, he is over the hill, last his peak... Etc just like how noobs like Padikkal are supposed to be yuvrajs after one IPL.. We all saw how it played out for Paul Valthaty(a frnd of mine), swapnil asnodkar, man preet gony n all

42 minutes ago, Bhoot said:

who did well in NZ ?

He wasnt flop in IPL, just avg ...done well in previous IPL . His eco last yr was 8.27, 8.29 this yr whats wrong with that....its fine in t20s

42 minutes ago, Bhoot said:

good

44 minutes ago, Bhoot said:

Unlike some whose only agenda is to spread hatred and abuse the captain n coach. 

Hey hey hey the captain & coach need to be named & shamed, especially after their refusal to acknowledge their many tactical & "clear as daylight" evident mistakes! Not to mention the drunken master's indulgence in naming this piss poor travelling side as the best (Indian) team ever :facepalm:

Now it's another matter that they're responsible 100% for the loss, others also contribute to it & sometime heavily! What you're doing here though is countering hyperbole with hyperbole, call it a spade if you want to but don't make it all about me vs you like some of the other posters have a habit of doing.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Conway was hit by Siraj and not Saini. The Aussies keep confusing the two. Siraj bowled 2 nasty bouncers at Conway.

A few days back, someone was saying that Saini's father had passed away, while it was Siraj who lost his dad.

3 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Yes, the news is wrong, it is Siraj. You can see in the video as well showing Siraj bowling the over and his stats on bottom right.

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

Saini has a lot of plus points ... high release speeds, ability to seam the ball both ways, skid off the deck, a good bouncer etc.

BUT 

There is one big issue which is causing problems. He lacks natural bounce and his fuller side of good length balls hit the sweet spot of the bat and go for runs. ( For Bumrah, it hits the splice of the bat and can't be hit  ). Even an apparently okayish ball can get hit for a 4. Umesh Yadav had the same problem for a long time. Same with Sami of Pakistan.

Saini needs to start bowling on the shorter side of good length on standard bounce pitches, to hit the splice of the bat or the top of off stump.

Pacers like Saini, who lack natural bounce, always need to bowl with great accuracy and full pace. Need to hit the deck hard and work on a wrist whip perhaps.

His room for error will be less than a Bumrah or Shami. 

A good coach needs to guide him.

If his deliveries are not bouncing, then he will be easy meat for aussies. He can't swing. Seam ability is pitch oriented. I don't think test pitches will be this juicy. If its a road as is the case with MCG and SCG, then he will be toast. Also Saini has already bowled to Smith and co in the ODIs so they know how to tackle him. Siraj is ahead for me atleast. Saini wasnt impressive at the flat conditions in day 3 and Umesh has wasted opportunities given to him. There is no assurance that Siraj will be any different but he needs to be given a chance

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Conway was hit by Siraj and not Saini. The Aussies keep confusing the two. Siraj bowled 2 nasty bouncers at Conway.

A few days back, someone was saying that Saini's father had passed away, while it was Siraj who lost his dad.

ofcourse it was Siraj in video with his silly pony tail, learn to take a joke

8 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

I was a Betting moderator and not a full Moderator. But if you find any posts offensive you can report that Post and the Mods will look into them and take appropriate action. Don't engage in giving back any abuses or inappropriate behaviour as action may be taken against you as well, just report the Posts and let the Mods take care of it.

Look he started first a hate thread and started going into personal space , upbringing and all and when i called him he stooped further low,he is a roadside troll from neighborhood please throw him out, seldomly i react to people like this,only when provoked i give it back to them

There are plenty of pro and against thread for almost every cricketer on ICF. In fact I have myself opened quiet a few lol.

However I think ICF has seen through this click baity attempt by this poster who may or may not be from the neighboring country. I mean who cares there are idiots here too so he might be one of those but the fact is OP has been way too obvious. Amateurish attempt