[Pant's drop rate v spin - 44%] Rishabh Pant still doesn't have skill set to keep to bowlers like Ashwin and Jadeja in subcontinent: MSK Prasad

Gollum

46 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

ok padosi troll

We are down on Day 1 of this test match because of the precious dropped catches of Panty which took the momentum away and allowed Aussies to go wicket-less in the second session.

But oh wait, Pant doesn't deserve criticism for that. Its an off-day for him, he never drop catches lol.

Edited by Majestic
1 hour ago, Majestic said:

We are down on Day 1 of this test match because of the precious dropped catches of Panty which took the momentum away and allowed Aussies to go wicket-less in the second session.

But oh wait, Pant doesn't deserve criticism for that. Its an off-day for him, he never drop catches lol.

That's the trade off with Pant. Having him in the team allows us to go with 5 batsmen+all-rounder thus giving 5 bowling options.. downside is he might drop catches sometimes

Pucovski eventually got out after making another 20 runs. We are down because Smith and labu are playing well this time and pitch is flat.

They won important toss, you don't expect strong home team to win toss bat first and collapse two times in a row.. it's time our batsman also step up.. this could be a 430-480-240-??? match

17 minutes ago, Serpico said:

That's the trade off with Pant. Having him in the team allows us to go with 5 batsmen+all-rounder thus giving 5 bowling options.. downside is he might drop catches sometimes

Pucovski eventually got out after making another 20 runs. We are down because Smith and labu are playing well this time and pitch is flat.

They won important toss, you don't expect strong home team to win toss bat first and collapse two times in a row.. it's time our batsman also step up.. this could be a 430-480-240-??? match

Its not fine as long as he doesn't improve his keeping. It is really frustrating for a spinner when catches get dropped of his bowling. It breaks a bowlers rythm and can cost you games. Imagine what will happen at home now. Are we gonna go back to Saha and play five bowling options? 

Edited by Majestic
29 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Its not fine as long as he doesn't improve his keeping. It is really frustrating for a spinner when catches get dropped of his bowling. It breaks a bowlers rythm and can cost you games. Imagine what will happen at home now. Are we gonna go back to Saha and play five bowling options? 

We are overwhelming favourites at home, no need to worry about drops here. I'd just let Pant play all four tests and get plenty of experience. Even dhoni improved his keeping against spinners over time. Chopping and changing every series will not do any good

5 hours ago, Serpico said:

It is a bad trade off no matter how you look at it ....a bad keeper destroys bowlers momentum, kills team spirit and allows mediocre batsman to pile on. We did this mistake 16 years ago by bringing Parthiv Patel and allowing Aussies to get away in Sydney test and using Karthik before Dhoni came. Just think Smith coming after wicket of Pucovski facing a confident fresh Ashwin ...instead Smith came with virtually no pressure and of course conditions had also eased.

9 hours ago, Serpico said:

Dropped catches changes momentum. India lost a session and day because of the dropped catches and also on flat pitch you help out your bowlers. 

On 12/23/2020 at 10:05 PM, SK_IH said:

And both were 90 plus scores.

Before he was concussed out of ODI squad, he had pretty good ODI series against WI. But obviously that injury acted as an epiphany & King Kohli realised that KL Rahul should be the first choice wicket keeper in LOIs :lol:

Kohli was Smart...

MSK was right about Rishabh.

Mottu Jumps perfectly over his head when he uploads on his twitter and INsta...check out he regularly jumps over his head but his ball gathering is a question mark.

I don't think Rahul wanted to keep but once he changed his mind and started keeping in odis it was a no brainer to pick him in odi side. Would I want Rahul as a keeper in test team if he is upto to it, Answer is yes.Rahul is better batsman than Pant.But I don't think Rahul is even on par with Pant in Wk in tests.

Pant is keeping with hard hands and not allowing the ball to come to him.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

I don't think Rahul wanted to keep but once he changed his mind and started keeping in odis it was a no brainer to pick him in odi side. Would I want Rahul as a keeper in test team if he is upto to it, Answer is yes.Rahul is better batsman than Pant.But I don't think Rahul is even on par with Pant in Wk in tests.

Pant is keeping with hard hands and not allowing the ball to come to him.

Is this coachable at this stage of his career?  

2 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Is this coachable at this stage of his career?  

I think it should be coachable. Dhoni when he started out was not a great keeper but he became a very good keeper against spinners and okay with fast bowlers.He put in the work to become better keeper thats where Pant has to take a hit.Dhoni's fitness was unquestioned.

Pant becoming fat is a big red flag . He was handed over keeping duties in all three formats only for him to lose one format at a time.Once you become fat , your mobility reduces and that IMO was one of main reasons for his second drop.

No matter how many runs you score if your keeping is not upto the mark, bowlers lose trust in you as a keeper. Everyone drops catches but his drops were very easy ones for a keeper.

39 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Did some admin insert drop rate vs spin 44% in thread title? I don't remember putting it. 

If so, would be interested to see the link. To compare with other keepers, vs spin, vs pace....

I think I had added it. I don't have a link, saw it during the match. Didn't capture screenshot.

12 minutes ago, Baji-Rao said:

catch-success-rishabh-1024x745.thumb.png.3ad2647e79e0647d24842ee465127c9d.png

Say if his keeping is a 50% yes and no. Then realistically the runs he contributes in the team's total would be halved i guess when considering impact?. Because by dropping chances he's actually conceding further runs he needs to make up for his own drops before his own batting impact comes to play.

this is very old

He was brilliant in England series