Discussion on Farmers issues in India

dial_100

2 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

I would never ever underestimate his political acumen.

We will never know the true reason, we can only speculate one of the many possibilities. 

If the protests do not end know and there is further aggression and violence, it would be amply clear that the 3 farming bills were just an excuse, there is a larger motive. Let that become clear and if that is the case the govt should ruthlessly punish the miscreants and their handlers. 

I think this is one of the most tumultuous times in the history of Indian politics.

I agree with you, other than BJP - TINA. 

The republic day violence happened, that should already be enough to show it was never about farm bills or for that matter farmers.

The people leading the protests never asked anything about the farmers, there is no solutions for farmers problems. They just want to defeaat Modi.

As I stated earlier, Modi has lost a bit, but India has lost a lot. Democracy has been hurt, with emergence of street power

Telangana CM Announces Rs 3 Lakh Compensation for Kin of Those Who Died in Farmers' Agitation

https://www.news18.com/news/politics/telangana-cm-announces-rs-3-lakh-compensation-for-kin-of-those-who-died-in-farmers-agitation-4467704.html

Please explain How a CM of state with no Sikh farmers and 90% plus Hindu farmers is doing such as most ICFers believe most farmers of India will suffer from repealing of farm laws.

10 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Telangana CM Announces Rs 3 Lakh Compensation for Kin of Those Who Died in Farmers' Agitation

https://www.news18.com/news/politics/telangana-cm-announces-rs-3-lakh-compensation-for-kin-of-those-who-died-in-farmers-agitation-4467704.html

Please explain How a CM of state with no Sikh farmers and 90% plus Hindu farmers is doing such as most ICFers believe most farmers of India will suffer from repealing of farm laws.

Listen we are only with farmers and that is why we are objectively debating the plight of our farmers. This thread was totally about farmers problems. So question is how are farmers better off without these farm laws and who is benefiting at the moment without these? 

17 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Likely national ambitions for the

future and very confident within state politics. Throwing money is the easiest of tactics, used more often by the left but its also used by the center/right based on their preferences. 

The other bigger point is it's easy to portray sympathy & humanity with left wing policies. The extreme example is communism, which was meant to give more power to labourers & ended up destroying economies & societies. 

10 hours ago, Clarke said:

Likely national ambitions for the

future and very confident within state politics. Throwing money is the easiest of tactics, used more often by the left but its also used by the center/right based on their preferences. 

The other bigger point is it's easy to portray sympathy & humanity with left wing policies. The extreme example is communism, which was meant to give more power to labourers & ended up destroying economies & societies. 

Also this is merely announcement and no one will follow up with telangana government for compensation...And the numbers projected is also fake, sometimes 600, 700 etc Most of these farmers who died are old men who died due to natural causes and kins add it to project them as martyr to get some compensation.. 

Edited by urbestfriend

3 hours ago, urbestfriend said:

I think we should respect the dead and keep the discussion dignified or else there wont be any difference btw those politicizing it and those who are mocking the death.

95 yo very much has right to protest even if he was very ill.

1 hour ago, dial_100 said:

I think we should respect the dead and keep the discussion dignified or else there wont be any difference btw those politicizing it and those who are mocking the death.

95 yo very much has right to protest even if he was very ill.

They have the right to protest...But do you send your 95 year old man in your family to protest in the cold ? 

8 hours ago, kepler37b said:

See this interview. There is a very possibility that Captain convinced Modi to recede the farm bill to prevent security issues.

Especially from 11:00

I haven't watched the video, but Modi clearly made this decision for peace despite the farm laws being very supportive for small and poor farmers.

The protests weren't about the farmers welfare, but the emotion of caste, community pride was overwhelming and Modi had to close this issue.

It was a win for casteism, and our armed forces has 20% from that region alone, so their emotions had to kept in check.

6 hours ago, someone said:

I haven't watched the video, but Modi clearly made this decision for peace despite the farm laws being very supportive for small and poor farmers.

The protests weren't about the farmers welfare, but the emotion of caste, community pride was overwhelming and Modi had to close this issue.

It was a win for casteism, and our armed forces has 20% from that region alone, so their emotions had to kept in check.

It has to be seen how long does the rural sikh feudals resort to bullying tactics using their strong religious structure.

29 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Why the protests still going on even though the laws are now repealed?

Justification to now call in the paramilitary and army to clear the area? If the life of the common tax paper continues to be made hell by these fake farmers, BJP will be demolished in the next election.

Now that the farm laws are going to be repealed, protestors have no justification to stay- if Gov does nothing, they will be seen as ineffective cucks

4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Why the protests still going on even though the laws are now repealed?

MSP guarantee law As usual Modi wanted to be a hero. He  should have bring farmer leaders on table and then announce repeal of farm laws but instead of doing that he just came on TV and suddenly announce repealing of farm laws. 

Edited by Singh bling

40 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

MSP guarantee law As usual Modi wanted to be a hero. He  should have bring farmer leaders on table and then announce repeal of farm laws but instead of doing that he just came on TV and suddenly announce repealing of farm laws. 

I dont understand this bringing to table business at all. The entire protest was about these farm laws isnt it on which Tikait said he will not relent unless they were repealed. Well now they are repealed, so why the protest still going on?

You sure this protest was actually for farm laws or are they just bcoz they hate BJP? I heard leftist media playing sympathy card yesterday about how its been 1 year of protest. But in reality there is no need to protest anymore. I think these protests are more for theatrics than anything.

17 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I dont understand this bringing to table business at all. 

The table is just a medium. These people have tasted blood & will want to go for the kill. They already have umpteen demands: compensation, release everyone they mention, provide msp etc. Not unexpected at all given that the govt waved the white flag. 

Edited by Clarke