2 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

He needs to give up captaincy, stop hysterically laughing when seen talking to opp player on camera and shave.

I still strongly believe he is our best batsman across all format. I love Virat the batsman its the idiot captain who plays 3 spinners and drops Rohit that i cant stand.  

Peak Virat was a run scoring machine but he is done and isn't coming back. In T20, at best he is a side kick to a more explosive batsman. He is NOT the main man, he just doesn't have the explosiveness. At worst, when the batting at the other end also sucks, he stands badly exposed, with his tuk tuk game not fetching many runs and his feeble attempts to up the scoring rate failing more often than not. ODI is the best LOI format for him at this time, though he hasn't scored any 100s in it of late. 

10 minutes ago, nevada said:

Peak Virat was a run scoring machine but he is done and isn't coming back. In T20, at best he is a side kick to a more explosive batsman. He is NOT the main man, he just doesn't have the explosiveness. At worst, when the batting at the other end also sucks, he stands badly exposed, with his tuk tuk game not fetching many runs and his feeble attempts to up the scoring rate failing more often than not. ODI is the best LOI format for him at this time, though he hasn't scored any 100s in it of late. 

He was alright in australia, sure not at his best but i dont see any reason to remove him from t20. Though i did find below funny. 

https://twitter.com/uttarakhandcops/status/1370385462846582784?s=20

12 minutes ago, raki05 said:

What he meant when he said this bs" we were not aware what we had to do on this pitch"... Seriously, moron you just had to bat like it's T20 like other team did,his clownish post match statements are more pathetic then his batting and team selection.

Seriously I doubt this guy has even half a decent brain.  Kolli has only ego filled in him.  There is no space for common sense left.  He thinks of himself as the best ever to have graced the game..  But the fact is he is a mediocre batsman who made most of his limited talent.   His fans are on another level as well who think he is some kind of demi god rofl..   Even at the toss he sounds mostly like a Joker. 

Kohli's own personality is his own worst enemy at such times, it puts pressure on himself as much as the team. It is who he is though and what drives him. This along with the fact that things go stale after 5 yrs is a perfect storm in the context of the current slump, he is far from done as a batsman though he probably won't hit the god mode level he had reached around 2016 in this format. Leave the white ball captaincy to Rohit or groom Pandya after he manages to get a run of games without injuring himself.

9 hours ago, zen said:

If people only care about wins w/o understand match context (including wkts lost, the role a player plays), they should not follow sports 

If people only care about Kohli  w/o understand whats best for Indian Cricket they should not follow cricket.

7 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Next time you use selected filters on Statsguru (only to embarrass yourself further),  do remember this post on context, role etc.

He does it all the time and makes an absolute fool of himself, basking in stats without understanding context.

9 hours ago, IndianRenegade said:

He stays in ODI. Plays in T20 on form. But that’s not going to happen.

If only Kohli could be rested for the last 3 T20Is, India could be a realistic chance to win the series.

Imagine if he did that after India being 0-2 and India win 3-2.

Probably claim he called Hitman over the phone to give him tactics on how to win.

#teamsport

11 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

If only Kohli could be rested for the last 3 T20Is, India could be a realistic chance to win the series.

Imagine if he did that after India being 0-2 and India win 3-2.

Probably claim he called Hitman over the phone to give him tactics on how to win.

#teamsport

Kohli is not going to miss a single T20 or ODI. He cannot afford to give any chance to Rohit or even Rahul to lead our LOI sides.

Remember how he played the dead rubber in Aus when ideally he should have played the practice match before the first test.

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Kohli is not going to miss a single T20 or ODI. He cannot afford to give any chance to Rohit or even Rahul to lead our LOI sides.

Remember how he played the dead rubber in Aus when ideally he should have played the practice match before the first test.

I genuinely believe he never thought India would win in Australia again, that plus the pandemic made it an easy decision for him to return home for his daughter.

3 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I genuinely believe he never thought India would win in Australia again, that plus the pandemic made it an easy decision for him to return home for his daughter.

i knew well before the series even started that india would do fine even without kohli as long as the bowling attack was available. i expected siraj to perform as his first class stats are very impressive plus he already destroyed guys like head, labushagne(yes labu) and co in A tours. so bumrah, siraj and umesh would have been perfect foil for our first 11 bowlers. 

I thought we would lose 2 - 1 or draw at best without ishant and shami post the first test but then i realized we had rahane as captain who is actually a very competent and unrelenting formidable leader who isnt fazed by challenges. He is capable of extracting and maximising the best out of our players due to his leadership qualities. 

As soon as we won mcg i knew we could win the series or draw. rahane is yet to lose as captain. 

india have quality players. India play much better as a team without kohli. 

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

India have quality players. India play much better as a team without kohli. 

Yes,that is the theme of potential Indian sucess

Kohli needs to go,infact he's not even needed in tests as well, that's how bad is he been in last 2 years

Atleast he should quit leading across all formats his fudged age can't take it anymore

5 hours ago, SRT100 said:

If people only care about Kohli  w/o understand whats best for Indian Cricket they should not follow cricket.

No ones cares about individual players (like your user name suggests). Neither is Ind cricket under any threat. Too many logical fallacies 

Edited by zen