If you could add one retired Indian player to the current Indian ODI XI to make it a better side who would it be ???

If you could add one retired Indian player to the current Indian ODI squad who would it be ???  

27 members have voted

1. 1. If you could add one retired Indian player to the current Indian ODI squad who would it be ???

• Sachin
    • Sehwag
    • ganguly
    • gambhir
    • dravid
    • Yuvraj
    • Raina
    • Dhoni
    • irfan pathan
    • kumble
    • Srinath
    • Kapil dev
    • Sir agarkar
    • bhajji (even though he hasnt officaly retired)
    • Zaheer khan

If you could add one retired Indian player to the current Indian ODI squad who would it be ??? 

Remeber all 10 players will be from current lot and u can keep backups all over india in mind so my suggestion wud be to pick someone whom u might not even find in backups but its ur choice in the end . 

1. Dhawan 
  2. Rohit
  3. Kohli
  4. Iyer
  5. KL
  6. Pandya
  7. Jaddu
  8. Bhuvi
  9. Bumrah
  10. Chahal 
  11. Shami 

This is basically our current indian side and u all the backups - pant, thakur, saini, kuldeep, shaw, mayank, gill, manish so all these ppl are still there for u. 

Now choose one player from past who you think will make this side a better side 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Kapil Dev. I mean singlehandedly he can replace any of these players: Rahul, Sky,Iyer,Bhuvi,Thakur,Pandya or even Pant/Kishen if there is another keeper in the X1.

That’s the kind of X factor player he was. 

Sachin comes in the closest in terms of such an impact- batsmen and X factor bowler.

Rest of them, thanks for their service but not missed much. May be Kumble over Chahal

Prime Yuvi for me ,primarily because of his explosive batting on the middle overs which is what we are missing for a few years now. 

Seen enough of journeymen like jhadav,pandey etc 

Also given the option I'd pick zak as well ,we desperately need a quality left arm seamer !