India-Pakistan bilateral series to resume?

11 hours ago, Serpico said:

Yaum-e-Pakistan) or Pakistan Resolution Day, also Republic Day, is a national  .holiday in Pakistan commemorating the Lahore Resolution passed on 23 March 1940 and the adoption of the first constitution of Pakistan during the transition of the Dominion of Pakistan to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on 23 March 1956 

Don't mind me asking but are you from Pakistan?

42 minutes ago, New guy said:

Good. However the letter modi wrote to Imran and meeting UAE people are all facts 

That's just diplomatic courtesy/gimmick. No real concessions. Hathi ke daat, khane ke alag dikhane ke alag. 

Pakistanis have been doing it for decades. They publicly call for "peace" and "talks" on international forums just to look good, but in reality continue with their nefarious anti-India activities. 

33 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

That's just diplomatic courtesy/gimmick. No real concessions. Hathi ke daat, khane ke alag dikhane ke alag. 

Pakistanis have been doing it for decades. They publicly call for "peace" and "talks" on international forums just to look good, but in reality continue with their nefarious anti-India activities. 

So suddenly after shouting about Pakistan and being enemies we need to be diplomatic? Wasn't the whole shtick of bjp that congress were soft and they will be openly hard on Pakistan? Why the sudden diplomacy? Congress ws blamed a million times for being diplomatic

I will repeat again, 99% times we were backstabned by Pakistan was under bjp 

18 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

There are reports of UAE Crown Prince mediating the talks between the two NSAs. India hasn't said much but Pak Army Chief has been making some dovish statements and then out of blue, Modi sent a letter to Imran greeting on Pakistan National Day. Something is definitely cooking. I do hope it remains at the political level and doesn't materialise into a cricket series.

Hope they don't again become victim of Al Taqiya.

37 minutes ago, New guy said:

So suddenly after shouting about Pakistan and being enemies we need to be diplomatic? Wasn't the whole shtick of bjp that congress were soft and they will be openly hard on Pakistan? Why the sudden diplomacy? Congress ws blamed a million times for being diplomatic

Your first para is a political rant. No point arguing here. 

Second para, no it's not even close to 99 per. And that was just 'bada dil' Vajpayee, not Modi. Congress did bigger blunders regarding Pakistan in the past.

Indus water treaty(we had no obligation whatsoever), Art 370(facilitated militancy, prevented integration of J&K), Shimla agreement (letting them off way too easily after winning a decisive war), Nehru involving UN unnecessarily in Kashmir dispute (when we had the upper hand militarily and annexations were the norm back then), etc. 

Edited by AuxiliA
43 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Your first para is a political rant. No point arguing here. 

Second para, no it's not even close to 99 per. And that was just 'bada dil' Vajpayee, not Modi. Congress did bigger blunders regarding Pakistan in the past.

Indus water treaty(we had no obligation whatsoever), Art 370(facilitated militancy, prevented integration of J&K), Shimla agreement (letting them off way too easily after winning a decisive war), Nehru involving UN unnecessarily in Kashmir dispute (when we had the upper hand militarily and annexations were the norm back then), etc. 

How about Pathankot attack?  & ISI of all people coming to investigate this was the dumbest move the century  Even Kapil Mishra then was vying for Modi's head lol.   I agree Congress has had serious f****ups but  this takes the cake in last two decades easily.  I bet it shocked the hell outta every nationalist.   

The Arabs will be an interested party for sure. And with the Oil prices at stake, I can see some traction in this case.

Once you decide on the WHY part , the HOW aspect is only a matter of time.

Lets watch the space...

12 minutes ago, Banton said:

Hope both nation will leave kashmir to people of kashmir.Sikhs should have their homeland as Indian punjab.

Both nation should prosper together.

I'm fine with these 2 demands as long as we can use the same logic on Rest of India and declare it a Hindu Rashtra.

But if people want independence for Kashmir, Sikh state in Punjab but then demand India to remain secular, they are hypocrites of the highest order.

6 minutes ago, Banton said:

Hope both nation will leave kashmir to people of kashmir.Sikhs should have their homeland as Indian punjab.

Both nation should prosper together. 

The 'people of Kashmir' is not a homogenous entity. There are a lot of subgroups sunni and shia Muslims, Pandits, Buddhists, Dalits, Sikhs, Dogras etc. All have conflicting aspirations. No group expect for Sunnis wants to join Pakistan. 

There's a massive trust deficit between the sub groups. What started as a fight for regional autonomy has turned into a religious crusade, all thanks to the Military-Mullah nexus of Pakistan. 

Most Kashmiris are far better off living under a Secular and Inclusive Constitution of India than they would be on their own or with Pakistan. 

48 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

How about Pathankot attack?  & ISI of all people coming to investigate this was the dumbest move the century  Even Kapil Mishra then was vying for Modi's head lol.   I agree Congress has had serious f****ups but  this takes the cake in last two decades easily.  I bet it shocked the hell outta every nationalist.   

Agree, that Pathankot incident was idiotic on part of the current govt. BJP govts have a bad habit of putting too much trust in Nawaz Sharif. They should have known that he doesn't call the shots. 

2 hours ago, New guy said:

Compared to the past this govt has largely walked the talk on pakistan. i wont' be too hard on modi for having the hubris to think that things will be different under his reign when he began while suffering from 'aman ki tamashaitis' like every other pm in independent india. for trying to make sure things remain at least neutral he went to lahore to meet n sharif but both sharif and him got abused and both got called indo/Pakistani stooges for a while and we got rewarded with pathankot. Nawaz is called india pasand even today by the same people who are dumb enough to claim that Bhajpa is using pakistan to improve it's image among it's electorate with rampant anti-pak rhetoric. you can't have it both ways.  

at least they have been consistent on matters like not playing any bilateral cricket and have done things no other govt has done like reversing mfn status etc. considering how slow things move in india it isn't something to scoff at.

15 hours ago, Serpico said:

this is dumb. we started playing cricket with England immediately after independence, many millions of freedom fighters and civilians lost their lives fighting against them. Playing cricket doesn't demean people's sacrifices of the past. Besides, the soldiers probably enjoy the cricket matches too

Ridiculous comparison. Indian government had good relations with the UK and the Attlee Labour government at the time. India became part of the Commonwealth.