India-Pakistan bilateral series to resume?

Bilateral cricket relations between India and Pakistan might soon resume between the two arch-rivals, a media report has said. The last bilateral series between India and Pakistan was held in 2012-13 but since then the political relations between the two countries have deteriorated resulting in a complete halt of one-on-one series. 

https://www.wionews.com/sports/india-vs-pakistan-t20i-series-a-possibility-with-a-six-day-window-in-2021-report-372785

Don't think it will happen but can't rule out UAE hosting it as well.  But there is no window this year.  Maybe after SA tour in 2022.
Considering they are (as per reports) planning for a short T20 series, I think it will be prior to the WT20 this year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Considering they are (as per reports) planning for a short T20 series, I think it will be prior to the WT20 this year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

OK prior to WT20 India has 3, ODI & 5 T20s scheduled vs SA then Pak too has 2 T20s vs England Z in Pakistan.  I don't think anything will happen closer to T20 WC.  Either before SA tour in Dec or after in UAE

Edited by Lone Wolf
11 minutes ago, Norman said:

WION? Seriously? :phehe:

India-Pakistan bilateral Cricket is not possible until 2024 atleast. Don't get too excited by all these "reports".

Chances of happening this are 1 in 1000 but nobody in a million years thought ISI will investigate Pathankot attack or Modi will visit Pak.  I guess Middle east is pushing for it possibly UAE or Saudis. 

8 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Chances of happening this are 1 in 1000 but nobody in a million years thought ISI will investigate Pathankot attack or Modi will visit Pak.  I guess Middle east is pushing for it possibly UAE or Saudis. 

There are reports of UAE Crown Prince mediating the talks between the two NSAs. India hasn't said much but Pak Army Chief has been making some dovish statements and then out of blue, Modi sent a letter to Imran greeting on Pakistan National Day. Something is definitely cooking. I do hope it remains at the political level and doesn't materialise into a cricket series.

28 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

There are reports of UAE Crown Prince mediating the talks between the two NSAs. India hasn't said much but Pak Army Chief has been making some dovish statements and then out of blue, Modi sent a letter to Imran greeting on Pakistan National Day. Something is definitely cooking. I do hope it remains at the political level and doesn't materialise into a cricket series.

Yeah I too think Saudis are really pushing hard to get both parties on board.  A lot seems to be happening behind the scenes if you go by what's happening recently. 

Cricket in India Pak is always political so ideally that's not far fetched as well.  It is confusing but I guess if we are not in a state of war & trade + humanitarian aids like Covid vaccine etc has been exported so what's the point of all this.  Every f*** thing is for Political gains. 

39 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Money. UAE board earned a lot during last Asia cup. If they manage to organize an Indo-Pak series in Dubai, they would get lots of moolah.

I don't buy this.

They are a petro dollar economy. This is chump change for them. Can't be the reason they want an India Pak detente.

The UAE is a conduit for India Pak trade. Even trade by proxy has been reducing ( in absolute numbers) in the last few years and perhaps they want to revive it and get their share of the pie.

Also we played the IPL in the UAE. Doubt a bilateral with Pak would fetch more money than that; think TV revenues and ad costs etc. A month and a half long tournament vs 3/5 day ODI/T20 games.

Edited by Mariyam
11 minutes ago, nevada said:

Same here! Doesn't make sense to play bilateral series with that country. 

At this stage, playing a series with India is what Pakistan seeks. Their ex-players and PCB officials keep talking about BCCI. Indian cricket is their benchmark. More we get stronger, more agony for them. Add to that agony by ignoring them completely, which we have done in recent years. Better to keep things that way.