India: Covid - II

kepler37b

1 hour ago, kepler37b said:

I am feeling terrible now. Cannot even describe. Constant high fever, No sleep, Huge headaches, Cannot move out of my quarantine room. F**k chinese people. They have blood on their hands.

* Chinese Govt. Not the people.

Hope you feel better. Monitor your O2 levels, as long as it stays above 95, you will be okay. 

1 hour ago, ash said:

* Chinese Govt. Not the people.

Hope you feel better. Monitor your O2 levels, as long as it stays above 95, you will be okay. 

Lol this is diverting blame. How are they not responsible? Many Chinese are in govt positions. They are not aliens. They like their government. This from experience from talking multiple Chinese people. They do pride in their government. 

And we are back to square one.

We are a stupid species. Putting short term pleasure before long term benefit. 

And till date no one has the guts/integrity to point fingers at the chinks. CCP has compromised everyone. It is a bastion of asuric values. 

In a fair world, china must be put under trade embargo and its economy crushed by severe sanctions. Declare CCP as a terrorist organization.

13 hours ago, kepler37b said:

I am feeling terrible now. Cannot even describe. Constant high fever, No sleep, Huge headaches, Cannot move out of my quarantine room. F**k chinese people. They have blood on their hands.

It'll be all right mate, you'll get better. 

Keep us updated of your progress.

You're headache can't be any worse than the headache one gets from watching Balayya movies 

11 hours ago, kepler37b said:

In a fair world, china must be put under trade embargo and its economy crushed by severe sanctions. Declare CCP as a terrorist organization.

Too big a cost to pay while doing that. Imagine running out of essentials from basic pharma ingredients to steel & electronics. The world is extremely dependent on them currently.

The only possible response is to build alternative options which takes a lot of time & investment and everyone learnt this the hard way. 

I read an article by Dhirendra Kumar from value research on how the pandemic exposed the costs of extreme efficiency. His first example was of a hospital running very high occupancy rates and already occupied staff & resource pool which meant there was next to nil wastage. That works well in normal times on the balance sheet but it is extremely inadequate for a pandemic. Similarly the extreme focus on corporate profits built a severe dependency on China & redundancies which would be seen as wasteful earlier are sorely missed now.

22 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Hope you feel better soon! I got sick in September with light fever, headaches, body aches and a nasty cough which cramped up my stomach. It took me 2-3 weeks to recover and the.frustration of being sick made it even worse. 

Try your best to stay calm and stop worrying about when you will feel normal again. Try meditation music and audio books. 

6 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Times of India: Omicron variant has over 30 mutations, may evade vaccine immunity: AIIMS chief.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/omicron-variant-has-over-30-mutations-may-evade-vaccine-immunity-aiims-chief/articleshow/87962067.cms

A massive and deadly 3rd wave coming up. 

Don't worry about the third wave. Think of the bright side:this bout of covid probably gives you increased immunity against the Omicron variant.

How are you faring now? Do the fevers/headaches persist?

I had asymptomatic covid last year. I wasn't sick in the least. But had to isolate myself from my husband and my daughter. They don't miss a chance to remind me how those were the best 10 days of their lives in the Covid era. :((

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Don't worry about the third wave. Think of the bright side:this bout of covid probably gives you increased immunity against the Omicron variant.

How are you faring now? Do the fevers/headaches persist?

I had asymptomatic covid last year. I wasn't sick in the least. But had to isolate myself from my husband and my daughter. They don't miss a chance to remind me how those were the best 10 days of their lives in the Covid era. :((

Yes. Persistent high fever and head ache. 103 F. Feeling terrible. Slight amount of cough as well.

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Cruising on the highway to recovery?

What did you read in these 7-10 odd days?

@Mariyam ... Thanks for the prayers of well wishers like you and other ICF Members, I recovered from Covid

• Fist 2 days of 101 fever and cough
  • Next 4 days of 103 fever+cough+headache. Tried get through on Puny Dolo 650 mg. The fever did not get controlled at all.
  • Joined a famous covid hospital on Day 7. They put me on Blood thinners, Remdesvir, IV Paraceptamol. They tagged me as a high risk patient and put a red band around my wrist. This is the time when I thought: "Mai to gayaa". And i was extremely guilty for not securing the future of my parents. All my insurance proceeds have wife as beneficiary.
  • Day 8  - Same
  • Day 9 morning my SPO2 plummets to 91 and my temperature is also gone.  The doctor  asked me to take a 6 minutes walk. Still at 91. But with in 2 hours it increases to 98. God, I am out of danger
  • Day 11 I am discharged out of hospital. It turns out that I am pre-diabetic and I like an ass ignored my health for 4 years. Kitchens have come to roost.
  • I am typing this on Day 12. Still have some light cough.

I had no chance to read anything madam. . All i realized was that our bodies are so fragile and call from god can come any time.  And especially in India, we are putting them under enormous stress by polluted food and air. 

15 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

@Mariyam ... Thanks for the prayers of well wishers like you and other ICF Members, I recovered from Covid

• Next 4 days of 103 fever+cough+headache. Tried get through on Puny Dolo 650 mg. The fever did not get controlled at all.
  • Joined a famous covid hospital on Day 7. They put me on Blood thinners, Remdesvir, IV Paraceptamol. They tagged me as a high risk patient and put a red band around my wrist. This is the time when I thought: "Mai to gayaa". And i was extremely guilty for not securing the future of my parents. All my insurance proceeds have wife as beneficiary.
  • Day 8  - Same
  • Day 9 morning my SPO2 plummets to 91 and my temperature is also gone.  The doctor  asked me to take a 6 minutes walk. Still at 91. But with in 2 hours it increases to 98. God, I am out of danger
  • Day 11 I am discharged out of hospital. It turns out that I am pre-diabetic and I like an ass ignored my health for 4 years. Kitchens have come to roost.

I had no chance to read anything madam. . All i realized was that our bodies are so fragile and call from god can come any time.  And especially in India, we are putting them under enormous stress by polluted food and air. 

Oh all this with you being fully Vaccinated and young  I guess? t's pretty worrisome that there is significant threat still persists from COVID

And wishing you fully speedy recovery

Edited by rising

9 minutes ago, rising said:

Oh all this with you being fully Vaccinated and young  I guess? t's pretty worrisome that there is significant threat still persists from COVID

And wishing you fully speedy recovery

I am 40. It's young and old at the same time. 

Infact day 5 of covid was my 40th birthday.  That day was spent in a very terrible way.

I do not wish even my worst enemy this suffering.

Edited by kepler37b

• Day 8  - Same

very glad you are better. have you ever had flu? proper flu is awful too.  i wonder if covid is like flu with the added stress you might die which just makes everything 10x times worse. or it in fact reallllly bad?

Edited by goose

I am 40. It's young and old at the same time. 

Infact day 5 of covid was my 40th birthday.  That day was spent in a very terrible way.

I do not wish even my worst enemy this suffering.

It was tough one bro. But almost through it. I have seen my parents through it and its no joke. Take good rest and precaution for few months.