Pakistan bowling unit in 2021

8 hours ago, the don said:

Naseem will develop into a brilliant bowler. 

Depends on your definition of "Brilliant". 

If you mean "pakistani brilliant", that is giving one great performance in a while and being ordinary the rest of the time... like Wahab, Sami, 7ft Irfan or Junaid Khan ,.then yes.  He can be " brilliant " in the future. Nothing against the guy, but his basics are just not good enough to become a top 5 bowler in the future....

See even ICF Fans were guilty of same. Khaleel Ahmed was hyped like crazy. People forget pace and swing is all good but most important in a pace bowler is fitness. Prime example is Shami. In 2013/14 he was great but used to breakdown and had injuries. Now see him transformed because of fitness ethic..

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

This reminds me of that poyzz thread from a few years ago that touted Haris Sohail as the next Vivian Richards. And Ahmed Shehzad as the world's best batsman.

Haris sohail is closer to the king than khaleel ahmed is to shaheen afridi tbh.

People do create some bizzare comparisons. 

52 minutes ago, the don said:

Haris sohail is closer to the king than khaleel ahmed is to shaheen afridi tbh.

People do create some bizzare comparisons. 

Shaheen Afridi's test wicket strike rate in Australia is worse than Natarajan - who would not make the list of top 8 test pace bowlers for India.  "Best young bowler" indeed. Shaheen and his 32 test average are rank mediocre.  Yet another name in a long list of hyped tailunts who get repeated opportunities in a sub-par team.

Edited by sandeep
1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Shaheen Afridi's test wicket strike rate in Australia is worse than Natarajan - who would not make the list of top 8 test pace bowlers for India.  "Best young bowler" indeed. Shaheen and his 32 test average are rank mediocre.  Yet another name in a long list of hyped tailunts who get repeated opportunities in a sub-par team.

Bhai stats par jiada bharosa na kar kabhi match bhi daikhle

17 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Potential to be the best Pakistani attack in 20 years by the time of the next world cup. I was unimpressed by Rauf, despite his speed, but he was bowling better lines and lengths and is varying his pace well. 

It already is their second best odi attack of all time. Serious. 

In tests though it's mediocre however even in tests this attack of theirs would be their third best attack of all time. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

It already is their second best odi attack of all time. Serious. 

Lol. 

Wasim, Imran, Aqib, Mushtaq - early  90s...

Wasim, Waqar, Shoaib, Saqlain - 90s..

Shoaib, Gul, Afridi, Razzaq, Asif - mid 2000s

I can probably name more but these 3 attacks are comfortably better than their current one....

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

Lol. 

I can probably name more but these 3 attacks are comfortably better than their current one....

Names. Timing matters more. When Shoaib and wackqar and Wasim played together the latter 2 were well past their primes. 

Shoaib Gul Afridi is as mediocre as they can get away from home especially in Sena. Asif is a fraud. Should neve be Included in any list. 

I do vividly remember him getting tonked and figured out by Matt Prior before he got caught for fixing. He was getting figured out. Matter of time. Kind of like Abbas. His trundling pace would never work eventually. 

Edited by Jay
10 hours ago, Norman said:

Lol. 

With of without bottlecaps ? That... is an IMPORTANT consideration of course.