Pakistan bowling unit in 2021

Shaheen Afridi and Hassan Ali are known commodities, but I don't know much about the quality and skill levels of Rauf, Qadir, Nawaz.

Rauf I think is a role-player support type bowler at best.  I watched Usman bowl a bit today, and came away unimpressed.  Looks inconsistent.

Are there folks who have seen these guys to evaluate them? 

Afridi and Hasan Ali are very good LOI bowlers- world class no doubt 

Usman- very raw but has potential. Inconsistent but does have some upside . Can go either ways.

Nawaz- mediocre bits and pieces player despite today’s performance 

Faheem- a decent line and length support bowler much in the Pandya/Neesham mould

Rauf- T20 novelty factor. Will go for a lot of runs but can also pick up wickets.

Shadab- had a lot of potential as a bowler  but has now become a mediocre bits and pieces player.

Their attack is a mixed bag but has variety and can choke even the big teams if their batting clicks.

Overall: not the worst bowling attack out there but not the bowling powerhouse our padosis would like us to believe.

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Shaheen is a superstar, he has shown tremendous growth in limited overs cricket. He has bowling smarts along with pace. 

Others are run of the mill at the moment

Hassan Ali is good. I think these guys keep playing with injuries at the fear of being dropped that’s why he had a decline but he is an excellent bowler. Rest as you said are average.

Shaheen is the only world class option and even he's isn't anywhere near top 5 fast bowlers in the world...

Hasan Ali tends to get whacked all over the park and isn't very threatening. He used to be good a few years back, but then did mujra at the Wagah border ceremony and got violated by Dhawan/Hitman in the Asia cup a few weeks later. Never been the same bowler since... spacer.png

The rest of em are too raw. Rauf has pace but no control so gets whacked but still picks up wickets a bit like Umesh...

Shadab is poorer than collar chewing midget..

Just now, Global.Baba said:

Hassan Ali is good. I think these guys keep playing with injuries at the fear of being dropped that’s why he had a decline but he is an excellent bowler. Rest as you said are average.

Hasan Ali blows hot & cold far too often. He can be very good as well as very bad the next day. But he should play ahead of others purely because of batting ability.

17 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Hasan Ali blows hot & cold far too often. He can be very good as well as very bad the next day. But he should play ahead of others purely because of batting ability.

He is basically greenbro agarkar - short skiddy bowler who hustles and tries to  bowl attacking lengths - gets wickets at times but gets spanked too.  

Pakistan has a plethora of young 90 mph quicks. Can lend a few to other countries. 

Shadab is finished as a bowler. Usman qadir is better but if you read him off the hand he will be jn trouble. 

Watch out for faisal akram. 

Shahnawaz dahani is another quickie to look out for. 

Pace bowling depth is ample. Shaheen is the best young fast bowler in the world. 

2 minutes ago, the don said:

Pakistan has a plethora of young 90 mph quicks. Can lend a few to other countries. 

Shadab is finished as a bowler. Usman qadir is better but if you read him off the hand he will be jn trouble. 

Watch out for faisal akram. 

Shahnawaz dahani is another quickie to look out for. 

Pace bowling depth is ample. Shaheen is the best young fast bowler in the world. 

can you name them? I saw Musa and Naseem youngsta beauties bowl 90mph but their speeds drop to 90kph in 2nd/3rd spells.  Are there others?

38 minutes ago, the don said:

Shaheen is the best young fast bowler in the world. 

Are Cummins, Bumrah, Archer, Rabada considered "old"?  The desperation to somehow twist facts so that a Pakistani can be somehow be considered "best", is hilarious.

Shaheen wouldnt make the top 5 bowlers list.  Or maybe sneaks on to #5.   

Edited by sandeep
4 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Only Shaheen is good, This Rauf guy looks like jewel thrower. That 16 yr old guy isnt international material yet. 

My first impression of him when I saw him a couple of months back was-  chucker.

giving him benefit of doubt but never say never with these  guys.

Shaheen is superb, especially for white ball. Hasan Ali is ok but will get smacked when there is no movement on flat tracks, which is how most are nowadays.

Hasnain is raw but has tremendous potential. I rate him over Naseem Shah and Haris Rauf because of the extra bounce he generates. But I can see him getting wasted by their management.

Shaheen is probably best young quick bowler in the world in his age group at least.  The maturity he has shown is indeed impressive.  He is a superstar for Pak cricket already I think. 

Haris Rauf has deceptive pace & tbh I don't rate him much but he is like Liam Plunkett of England.  

Hassan Ali is decent.  Has reduced his antics as well I think

Hasnain...  This dude has serious potential to be at least 2nd best quick after Shaheen.  But I think Pak coaching staff will screw him royally.  Imagine him in the hands of 

Someone like Bharat Arun. 

Qadir is better than Shadab..  Nawaz can be a utility cricketer in SC conditions.  Imad is a better lower order batsman than the hacks These guy play. 

Pak is a middling team at the moment & has the ability to surprise big boys once in a while at least.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Are Cummins, Bumrah, Archer, Rabada considered "old"?  The desperation to somehow twist facts so that a Pakistani can be somehow be considered "best", is hilarious.

Shaheen wouldnt make the top 5 bowlers list.  Or maybe sneaks on to #5.   

They are not the same age group.

Shaheen is the boss. 

Shaheen and Rauf have been impressive, Hasan Ali has regressed in his bowling but is a handy bat, Qadir is a promising spinner, liked his flipper, He would definitely trouble the likes of Kohli and Rahane who are known botchers against wrist spin, but would get murdered by the likes of Pandya, Pant, Ishan Kishan, who are betters players of spin. Would love to see a India Pak encounter soon, it would be an exciting contest.