Austin 3:!6

Predict the winner of the match?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win today's game?

• Chennai Dosa
    • Rajasthani Dal Baati

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

they will come through,if anything it will make them tougher ,atm the moment they are leeching off.

Surely a few exceptional talents will make it, but considering Nattu & SKY took a more than few seasons to even get consistent chances why would they even get a chance if there are no restrictions on international players? Teams will be comfortable playing known international stars which will likely pull more viewership than a no name domestic player.

If RR can't provide opportunity too someone else other than a Guy who hasn't proved himself in 50+ games, it on them.

12 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Too many passengers in the team. Get rid of Vohra and Dube. They'll perform better. Even Parag and Tewatia can be dropped.  They are missing Stokes and Archer badly. With them they would have had a chance of qualifying in the playoffs.

Why Vohra?

He wasn't that bad. 

But maybe Jaiswal for Dubey.

12 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

ICF obsessed with Slam bang cricket, all of the usual suspects ruled out CSK defending. Some where suggesting it was an easy chase. DC was able to chase with a 40 ball 90 at the top order against mediocre bowling on the same pitch from PBZkS. Beginning to think @Ankit_sharma03 is not objective l . He has his favs

guess who said this about CSK ??

On 4/9/2021 at 5:41 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Strength- 

• Experience
  • Dhoni like Captain 
  • Multi dimension cricketer- Curran, thakur, moeen , jaddu , Santner, K gowtham , bravo 
  • Many options- Dhoni loves options 

Prediction- they will surprise everyone 

18 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

ICF obsessed with Slam bang cricket, all of the usual suspects ruled out CSK defending. Some where suggesting it was an easy chase. DC was able to chase with a 40 ball 90 at the top order against mediocre bowling on the same pitch from PBZkS. Beginning to think @Ankit_sharma03 is not objective l . He has his favs

i dnt think many have gotten even the crux of what i say 

SlamBAng cricket- MI plays it and they are champion...does that mean they will win every game ?? No

If you wanna know what works just look at the best side and see what they are doing- MI attacks, Attacks and attacks 

• RR batting vs DC batting - Remove butler , their batting is as fragile as any 
  • Dc also chased away CSK 
  • Dew difference thats why spinner came in play 

Slam bang is t20 cricket but it wont work everyday......at the same till ull have to see if 120 cricket works every day. End result Slam bang will win u more games

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

25 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Dhoni played a balanced innings today. That is why he is captain :cool:

He didn't need to go all helicopter to win the game.

Don't know what game you saw.

I saw 17 ball 18 innings. May be I was watching odi..:hmmm:

4 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Vohra has played 50 IPL innings and scored only 3 50s. Last time he had any success was in 2014. 

Means nothing if he is hitting the ball well in this competition ... Guys like Vohra should try to hit quick 20s in the PPs and that is job done, if they play longer, better

Just now, zen said:

Means nothing if he is hitting the ball well in this competition ... Guys like Vohra should try to hit quick 20s in the PPs and that is job done, if they play longer, better

Is he hitting the ball well? He got out early in all 3 matches without affecting the score much.

5 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

MS Dhoni - "The first six balls, I faced, could have cost us some other games and I will be mindful of that".

Nice one, MS.

Takes responsibility for his actions. What a Guy! 

Good. Lets see if he scores more quickly in the next few games. Personally Curran has to bat ahead of him & Jaddu, he is better bat than these two.

Just now, I6MTW said:

Is he hitting the ball well? He got out early in all 3 matches without affecting the score much.

He connected a few and got out playing shots, picking out fielders at times ... the bigger issue is Dube, who has sucked the momentum out ... Many teams will have a few weak players, it is about seeing what works best among the options. If in the nets, some other batsman is hitting the ball well, of course, teams are free to try him out ... if Vohra is beginning to play well, RR would miss out when he is about to click (after playing him in 3 games), which is why it is important to differentiate how a player is getting out. If he is looking relatively good at the crease, continue to play him. If he is struggling, find a replacement (but you would need to give a few games to the replacement too) 

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i dnt think many have gotten even the crux of what i say 

SlamBAng cricket- MI plays it and they are champion...does that mean they will win every game ?? No

If you wanna know what works just look at the best side and see what they are doing- MI attacks, Attacks and attacks 

• RR batting vs DC batting - Remove butler , their batting is as fragile as any 
  • Dc also chased away CSK 
  • Dew difference thats why spinner came in play 

Slam bang is t20 cricket but it wont work everyday......at the same till ull have to see if 120 cricket works every day. End result Slam bang will win u more games

No Disagree on the last point. Bowling sensibly to your strengths and playing fearlessly wins more games. MI has defended 142 in the finals by 1 run, so it is ultimately about your bowling strength and par score. Today, I called it was par score, you said it was easy to chase 180 odd. 

31 minutes ago, zen said:

Exactly Vohra over Jaiswal at least for couple more games..  Dude got benched for entire season.  He has the game for quick starts..  Needs backing.  Except DC all other openers in Tourney are struggling

Edited by Lone Wolf

7 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Exactly Vohra over Jaiswal at least for couple more games..  Dude got benched fir entire season.  He has the game for quick starts..  Needs backing.  Except DC all other openers in Tourney are struggling

yep ... Teams look at how a player appears at the crease ... Vohra looks ok without major issues at the crease. He is a fringe player so quick 20s in the PP will do (who cares if he has x # of 50s in Y games, when he could be in and out of the 11). RR would not want to miss out when he could be about to click ... There are other fringe players that look worse at the crease like Dube (so a Jaiswal, Lomror, etc. can be tried if they are batting well in the nets over a Dube) ... Decision should be based on form of the players. If the players are simply throwing it away despite in good form, that would be a different issue 

Edited by zen

33 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

No Disagree on the last point. Bowling sensibly to your strengths and playing fearlessly wins more games. MI has defended 142 in the finals by 1 run, so it is ultimately about your bowling strength and par score. Today, I called it was par score, you said it was easy to chase 180 odd. 

See its still easy to make Pandya n Dhoni develop a game where they can rotate and build but acc to me u cant teach manish pandey to become a Pandya, Russell .

If ur quetioning slam bang well then also ask is Safe approach of manish n KL helping their team or screwing them ?

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

44 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

What difference does it make if majority of the players are going to be sub par ,they might as well miss out .it's not making Indian cricket any stronger.

sky has been dragging on for years ,he is already 30 , isn't going to be a legend is he? will he win us any wc? Nattu hasnt played that many Ipl matches and has come through via tnpl,there is always demand for good death bowlers ,even int bowlers arent that great at it.

That is the nature of Domestic Cricket, the majority are going to be sub par. Disagree on the assessment that it will not make Indian Cricket stronger, it has already made Indian cricket stronger. Look at our bench strength, we beat Australia in their own back yard with IPL players. Most IPL stars who get to Indian team have now handled pressure & had exposure to International players & support staff. 

SKY already made an impressive debut & looks like a sure shot selection in T20 WC, will he win us a WC? well he has to play in one for us to know & why should every player be a legend? was every member of our 2007 & 2011 WC team's a legend? why is age a factor as long as he is performing.

You simply don't go from TNPL to International side, he might have made his mark in TNPL, but IPL is what got him to the Indian team. With propensity of IPL teams to pay high price for mediocre Aussie quicks & play them over local players I doubt Nattu could have made a breakthrough. IPL teams are already bad at scouting except may be MI, they will just become even bad if we let them pack teams with International players. 

Edited by IndianRenegade