ANNOUNCED: Indian squad for the WTC final and five match Test series against England

5 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Axar in England when jaddu is already in team. In England either jaddu or Ashwin or Washington or 2 of them will get to play.

On current form Jadeja+Ashwin should play, unless it's a real green seamer they must play! If you really want to shore up lower order batting even further I'd add Thakur saab in there. Last time Bhai took 9(10?) wickets  there & vastly outbowled Ashwin :whack3:

32 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Axar in England when jaddu is already in team. In England either jaddu or Ashwin or Washington or 2 of them will get to play.

Jaddu and Washington are good batsman too so they could even play together.

Prasidh should have been in the team and not reserves.

Nagwaswalla is not Nattu...nattu has the capability to go upto 139k and some serious Skills with the ball. I trust he was not picked because he is unfit.

My reading is that even Prasidh and avesh can be picked ahead of Umesh yadav even when they are in reserves.

Avesh played in delhi 11 ahead of Umesh indicates he is in full form.

I think this nagwaswalla is a left arm Trundler. Possibly khaleel could have been picked in reserves ahead of nagwaswalla.

Saini should have also flown. He is a 140 to 150 k bowler and if he gets his mojo back at any stage, he can play in 11.

Batting selections are good.

Nagwaswalla seems to be picked just to give practice to batsman, I don't think he is as good as nattu. I would have picked khaleel in reserves and Prasidh in main team.

Axar makes no sense. I see Ravi kisan legspinner as real talent for Tests. If they wanted a genuine spinner for England ..Ravi kisan under 19 prodigy made sense.

With jaddu Ashwin sundar ahead axar won't play and is a straight back up. Picking an extra pacer in main team was better ...I don't see axar playing 

Have you watched him bowl? Or is it just based on conjecture

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

We lost the SA test. Didn't we. Would have, should have doesn't counts.

how can so many ppl after having knowing the test history of more then 100 yrs not understand that one batsman wont win u test match . Find me other batsman who scores runs....since when does one batsman alone win u test matches. Bowlers win u test matches not batsman 

Sundar innings Brisbane test was won coz others also contributed....pant, thakur, pujara, gill, rohit. IF alone sundar wud have scored no way we wud have won a test match .

The whole idea to prove one player inferior over other makes ppl forget the basics 

44 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Jaddu and Washington are good batsman too so they could even play together.

Prasidh should have been in the team and not reserves.

Nagwaswalla is not Nattu...nattu has the capability to go upto 139k and some serious Skills with the ball. I trust he was not picked because he is unfit.

My reading is that even Prasidh and avesh can be picked ahead of Umesh yadav even when they are in reserves.

Avesh played in delhi 11 ahead of Umesh indicates he is in full form.

I think this nagwaswalla is a left arm Trundler. Possibly khaleel could have been picked in reserves ahead of nagwaswalla.

Saini should have also flown. He is a 140 to 150 k bowler and if he gets his mojo back at any stage, he can play in 11.

Batting selections are good.

Nagwaswalla seems to be picked just to give practice to batsman, I don't think he is as good as nattu. I would have picked khaleel in reserves and Prasidh in main team.

Axar makes no sense. I see Ravi kisan legspinner as real talent for Tests. If they wanted a genuine spinner for England ..Ravi kisan under 19 prodigy made sense.

With jaddu Ashwin sundar ahead axar won't play and is a straight back up. Picking an extra pacer in main team was better ...I don't see axar playing 

way to much importance to speed in england conditons. Talk about speed when a bowler is able to use it to make batsman uncomfertable.

Umesh does it well in india, outside he spray it ....so he can bowl however fast he ll only realize one thing the faster it comes the faster it goes 

Saini is not in form , his lengths wont work in england

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

On current form Jadeja+Ashwin should play, unless it's a real green seamer they must play! If you really want to shore up lower order batting even further I'd add Thakur saab in there. Last time Bhai took 9(10?) wickets  there & vastly outbowled Ashwin :whack3:

You can always play an extra seamer in England.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how can so many ppl after having knowing the test history of more then 100 yrs not understand that one batsman wont win u test match . Find me other batsman who scores runs....since when does one batsman alone win u test matches. Bowlers win u test matches not batsman 

Sundar innings Brisbane test was won coz others also contributed....pant, thakur, pujara, gill, rohit. IF alone sundar wud have scored no way we wud have won a test match .

The whole idea to prove one player inferior over other makes ppl forget the basics 

A cricket fan does not proves one player is inferior to another. Multiple quintessential qualities required, possessed and executed by the cricketers is what decides how good or bad they are in comparison with the others of the same era. We can only rate them on basis of their performances.

Hardik Pandya is out of the test team not because I think he is not test quality material. He is out because there are better test cricketers than him in India. There are selectors, there is captain, their is team management who thinks he does not merits a test spot. The fact that he has not impressed them as well is the reason he has played just 11 tests till the age of 27. It is not because I or many others on this forum or other fans in India do not rate him as someone who merits a spot in current test team.

Fans can only rate players, players prove themselves in test format.

Edited by Straight Drive
10 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

A cricket fan does not proves one player is inferior to another. Multiple quintessential qualities required, possessed and executed by the cricketers is what decides how good or bad they are in comparison with the others of the same era. We can only rate them on basis of their performances.

Hardik Pandya is out of the test team not because I think he is not test quality material. He is out because there are better test cricketers than him in India.

No he is out becoz he cant bowl thats it, He is having shoulder issues now. The minute he starts taking bowling work load, here im giving this in guarantee- "He ll Be back in test squad"

There are selectors, there is captain, their is team management who thinks he does not merits a test spot.

U might wanna revisit kohli interview from England series where he said great news hardik is bowling coz he is our all format player.....so errr wrong

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No he is out becoz he cant bowl thats it

U might wanna revisit kohli interview from England series where he said great news hardik is bowling coz he is our all format player.....so errr wrong

Pandya does not merits a spot in test format only on basis of his batting. I agree with his non selection in test format.

He has to start bowling so that he may be considered for selection. The fact is that he is already 27. Shelf life of all rounders is less. He is running out of time. Moreover,  his competitors (Sundar and Jadeja)  are giving much better performances with bat in comparison at test level.

He has to start bowling so that he may be considered for selection. The fact is that he is already 27. Shelf life of all rounders is less. He is running out of time. Moreover,  his competitors (Sundar and Jadeja)  are giving much better performances with bat in comparison at test level.

Even at 27 he has easily 8yrs of cricket left and all rounder generally endup taking one area to extend their career . Ur talking as if he is 33

Sundar n jaddu arent his competitor they are each others, when u want to play a seaming all rounder hardik will play....at this point its about team combination. When in India Axar will walk ahead of sundar many days specially when opp has righties...so combination. All rounder will mostly play acc to combo and since jaddu is at peak so jaddu will get a nod. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Have you watched him bowl? Or is it just based on conjecture

Saw video's of nagwaswalla.. seems a left arm bowler only included for practice as our batsman want to pratice against left arm swing..

Seems average.

Not as sharp nor as skilled as Nattu...ignored khaleel.

4 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Jaddu Ashwin are great bowlers but I trust that england will create tailored to fit pitches for Anderson and broad. 

Possibly spinners may find the going tough.

So I don't think we can play more than 1 genuine spinner.

Shammi siraj boom ishant...3 out of them will play.

Even shardul has good chance to play as 4th pacer or all rounder.

9 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Saw video's of nagwaswalla.. seems a left arm bowler only included for practice as our batsman want to pratice against left arm swing..

Seems average.

Not as sharp nor as skilled as Nattu...ignored khaleel.

Which video did you see? I have seen him easily bowl 133-135 kmph on slower domestic speed gun, add another 4-5 kmph to it. Can keep going at those speeds all day.

A left armer with average speeds of 134-135 with a very good ability to swing and seam the ball, can bowl the indipper at will- I'd say he is a very good pick.

Don't hate him just because he doesn't play in IPL. He would hit 140+ if picked for T20Is.

Extra support to him for being the first parsi dikra in recent years to make it to the highest level

53 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Which video did you see? I have seen him easily bowl 133-135 kmph on slower domestic speed gun, add another 4-5 kmph to it. Can keep going at those speeds all day.

A left armer with average speeds of 134-135 with a very good ability to swing and seam the ball, can bowl the indipper at will- I'd say he is a very good pick.

Don't hate him just because he doesn't play in IPL. He would hit 140+ if picked for T20Is.

Extra support to him for being the first parsi dikra in recent years to make it to the highest level

Arzan is a good talent. Probably best left arm swinger in India. Left arm pacers who can't swing will always find it difficult to be successful at the top level or you have genuine pace with decent accuracy.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Arzan is a good talent. Probably best left arm swinger in India. Left arm pacers who can't swing will always find it difficult to be successful at the top level or you have genuine pace with decent accuracy.

All pacers swing the ball in domestic matches.

Come international matches, they don't get the same swing and look ordinary.

Those saying Arzan is trundler while praising Natarajan are either overrating the latter or havent seen the former.

Natarajan on the same domestic speed guns hardly ever crosses 130..where Nagaswalla is easily 130-135. And Natarajan is an avg Red ball bowler, his white ball skills dont work here. Was easily the worst in the Gabba test where he wasted the new ball without making batsman play. Dont rate him as a test option at all.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

All pacers swing the ball in domestic matches.

Come international matches, they don't get the same swing and look ordinary.

Not all does. I only said he is the best left arm swinger in India. So he competetion is with other left arm seamers likes of Aniket, khaleel, Sakaria, Natrajan, unadkat, khejrolia and some others

8 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

From the videos and live matches that I have seen, Nagwaswalla bowls 122 k to 136 k range in domestic matches. Mostly around 127 to 133.  It is possible that he will bowl 127 k to 140 k in internationals.

But it is not just an issue about release speeds.

Arzan does not seem to hurry batsmen, whatever his speed maybe.  Skiddy pacers like Siraj have the ability to hurry batters at 135 k too ... someone like Prasidh, who bowls a heavy ball, can make the batsman jump at 135 k even.

Don't see the same quality with Arzan.

A pacer needs to be either skiddy or bouncy or have high release speeds, to succeed at international level. 

Edited by express bowling