Sourav Ganguly confirms India will be touring Sri Lanka for 3 ODIs and 5 T20is in July

So, Bhuvi and Pandya have been saved for LOI series vs Sri Lanka.

ODI team will be:-

Prithvi Shaw

Shikhar Dhawan

Manish Pandey

Suryakumar Yadav

Ishan Kishan

Hardik Pandya (c)

Krunal Pandya

Bhuvaneswar Kumar

Yuzvendra Chahal

Prasidh??

T Natrajan

T20s should have Samson at 3 and rest remains same.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Looks like B team will be send since main players wud be in england ........niceee

Good initiative.. now for all of our long awaited dream to see the B sides.. reams of newsreel has been expended on this.. at least bcci has taken a good approach.. so who all will be in your teams.. i guess 20 member squad due to covid..please list

39 minutes ago, Majestic said:

So, Bhuvi and Pandya have been saved for LOI series vs Sri Lanka.

ODI team will be:-

Prithvi Shaw

Shikhar Dhawan

Manish Pandey

Suryakumar Yadav

Ishan Kishan

Hardik Pandya (c)

Krunal Pandya

Bhuvaneswar Kumar

Yuzvendra Chahal

Prasidh??

T Natrajan

T20s should have Samson at 3 and rest remains same.

Replace pandey with Samson. Pandey will be in squad but not playing 11. Sky to play in 3 i suppose. My uncapped members will be

Tewatia

Varun C

Harshal

Padikkal

Edited by neel roy
18 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Replace pandey with Samson. Pandey will be in squad but not playing 11. Sky to play in 3 i suppose. My uncapped members will be

Tewatia

Varun C

Harshal

Padikkal

It might also be possible that some of our key players feature in Sri Lanka T20 series till July 15 and then leave for test series in England. Maybe for T20 series only.

Either Dhawanb or Manish Pandey will lead this team :((

Openers- Shaw, Dhawan, Paddikal, Ishan (wk)

Middle order - SKY, Samson, Pandey, Nitish Rana

All rounders - Krunal Pandya, Tewatia, Vijay Shankar, Harshal Patel

Spinners - Varun C, Rahul Chahar, Ravi Bishnoi

Pacers - Bhuvi, Chahar, Saini, Kartik Tyagi

Honestly I am pumped for this.  Great great move & I expected this tour to happen. 

So Dhawan might be leading the teams as the only experience player.  Hopefully Iyer gets fit as well by July. 

Paddikal Shaw will surely be picked. 

Only worry would be pace department.  Apart from Bhuvi & D Chahar it will be an inexperienced attack.  Nattu & Saini should be fit as well. 

7 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Either Dhawanb or Manish Pandey will lead this team :((

Openers- Shaw, Dhawan, Paddikal, Ishan (wk)

Middle order - SKY, Samson, Pandey, Nitish Rana

All rounders - Krunal Pandya, Tewatia, Vijay Shankar, Harshal Patel

Spinners - Varun C, Rahul Chahar, Ravi Bishnoi

Pacers - Bhuvi, Chahar, Saini, Kartik Tyagi

Rana wont last long in international. 

Harshal ??

Tyagi ?? too soon...only if we lack options.

Same for bishnoi- to early...needs to add more to his game. May do well for a few series but will be caught soon. This can be the series when kuldeep can get his confidence back

Shankar - only if its odi and they wanna play him at 4,5.....ny below its pointless.

Actually shankar shud have been in england and axar here.

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rana wont last long in international. 

Harshal ??

Tyagi ?? too soon...only if we lack options.

Same for bishnoi- to early...needs to add more to his game. May do well for a few series but will be caught soon. This can be the series when kuldeep can get his confidence back

Shankar - only if its odi and they wanna play him at 4,5.....ny below its pointless.

Actually shankar shud have been in england and axar here.

This is the India A team. It will have some players who may not long last at the international level. Harshal and Rana could be in that category. May or may not have a future but should be picked in the A team. They are definitely in the top 35-40 cricketers of the country.

Kuldeep should be kept away from limelight for sometime. Let him sort out his technical issues with his coaches and gradually build his confidence.

41 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

This is the India A team. It will have some players who may not long last at the international level. Harshal and Rana could be in that category. May or may not have a future but should be picked in the A team. They are definitely in the top 35-40 cricketers of the country.

Kuldeep should be kept away from limelight for sometime. Let him sort out his technical issues with his coaches and gradually build his confidence.

How about Chahal?  I don't think he should get to play ahead of young guns like Rahul Chahar & Bishnoi.  Rahul Chahar will get picked most likely but grooming Bishnoi won't be bad move against weaker sides.