Favorite Subhash Ghai film

zen

I rewatched Meri Jung ... while it has a few good sequences, it has many dull sequences too relatively speaking (some TV serial like) ... It lacks that power punch of a Vidhaata or a Karma ... the melody of a Karz or a Hero, and so on ... I would put it in the middle tier among Ghai directed films 

Edited by zen

3 hours ago, zen said:

A film has many stakeholders. You could comment on the films, their pros and cons, etc., if you want 

Sorry, somehow gets ticked off by this hack of a showman. Mediocre talent and overrated. For me, after Kalicharan to Karz he went down hill. Too overrated for my liking. His music sense in later movies starting for Karma is about dhol and dholak. Seen snippets of vidhaata, have to see it again

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Sorry, somehow gets ticked off by this hack of a showman. Mediocre talent and overrated. For me, after Kalicharan to Karz he went down hill. Too overrated for my liking. His music sense in later movies starting for Karma is about dhol and dholak. Seen snippets of vidhaata, have to see it again

yeah watch Vidhaata ... it is relatively a bit raw which gives it a character with a western feel at times ... Dilip Kumar v Amrish Puri is superb ... then you also have Sanjeev Kumar and Shammi Kapoor 

Of course, there are dhols too (in fact dhols could have started with Vidhaata): 

PS it also has this beautiful song:

Edited by zen

I like Sanjeev Kumar's role in Hero. It is comical ... As we know, he is a police officer. In one sequence, he is disguised as a dacoit to rescue Meenakshi. He finds Meenakshi but she thinks of him as a dacoit and runs away with Jackie, who is pretending to be a police officer ... And at the end, he goes in disguise again to the villain's den, constantly changing his appearance, but eventually gets found out during the song "mohabbat yeh mohabbat" :lol:

In Saudagaar, I like the segment where Dilip Kumar is shot and Raaj Kumar asks him to wait (basically not die) till he gets Chuniya (Amrish Puri) ... then he does the deal for Chuniya ... “Mujhe chuniya chaihiyeh” 

Edited by zen