Turkey removes the law that protected women from violence

zen

Link

Turkey withdraws from Istanbul convention, which was created to protect women from violence in Turkey. The reason being Erdogan sees the convention as an western influence. 

I saw a video where a husband threatened to kill his wife. If he kills his wife, the sentence is only 3 yrs so he said that he will be back in 3 years. Women in Turkey have begun to take martial arts lessons. 

Edited by zen

Just now, EnterTheVoid said:

Why are we worrying about what's going on in some far flung corners of the world when we have the same issue at home?

Why should we not. Turkey is a country of interest, infact India should report and expose this freely. Diplomacy and free society are two different pillars.both essential. 

1 hour ago, EnterTheVoid said:

You have the capacity to worry about women safety in Turkey. When there are countless issues plaguing women safety in India :laugh:

I do not think in terms of x or y. I care and have the capacity to worry about the safety of women, kids, animals, etc., from all over the world :bow: … As for Ind, I have discussed women issue there too. And I invite you to start a topic on it esp. if there is a current issue that needs to be discussed :dontknow:  

Hope now we can get back to the topic :dance: 

Edited by zen

7 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Why are we worrying about what's going on in some far flung corners of the world when we have the same issue at home?

I disagree. I am sure you see difference between inability to implement law and absence of law. 

6 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

This is a problem for Turkey to solve. 

Why are we getting involved?

How we getting involved, dont see govt of india commenting on it ? a thread was create people are commenting. Plenty of thread on this forum which have nothing to do with India. 

22 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

How we getting involved, dont see govt of india commenting on it ? a thread was create people are commenting. Plenty of thread on this forum which have nothing to do with India. 

I still don't understand what any of this has to do with us. 

And why we are all getting riled up :confused:

4 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

I still don't understand what any of this has to do with us. 

And why we are all getting riled up :confused:

Ppl discuss all types of topic. There is a topic on Jerusalem as well, posters do not say “we have Kashmir to worry about” (and when such topics have been discussed multiple times). When you post info related to travel, ppl do not say first travel in India. 

Not every topic is for everyone. If a topic is not for you, stay away :dontknow: … Remember that there are ppl here who live in a multicultural environment where they interact with ppl from all types of backgrounds … My next topic could be on Africa or Antarctic

Edited by zen