Will India ever win an ICC trophy with BJP in power?

2 hours ago, DeepSpace said:

India needs to give less importance to cricket. It is over-inflated. Try to be more competitive other major sports like football, field hockey and even basketball. Cricket is outdated. With a handful of countries playing, it is not a world sport.

This. A sports which is dominated by conditions/luck than skills, shouldn't be given so much importance.

6 hours ago, RJman said:

Wow.

India last won an ICC trophy in 2013.

Then BJP comes to power in 2014. :fear1:

To add salt to wounds, Final was help in BJP's headquarters. :((

BCCI Big Boss is BJP's son.

I feel better now. Its not our cricketers fault... :angel:

The thing is India won 3 ICC trophies from 2007-2013.    All those wins were under Dhoni's captaincy. His captaincy skills were exceptional and we had a great team overall in all those wins.  Except maybe 2007T20 WC where it was a young team and many players were new.  Those wins had nothing to do with the party at the centre (congress).    Interestingly,  Dhoni himself was and still is a bjp supporter.  :phehe:

8 hours ago, BlueBlood said:

My dream is to one day see India get into world cup Soccer/Football.

It will easily destroy cricket interest as its a much more exciting sport.

Shame that since Baichung Bhutia we didn't get top class players 

Won't happen in our lifetimes buddy, Bhutia was andhon mein kana raja, that's it. We had class players 60 years ago!!!!

But we can achieve domination in field hockey, that is our best bet. And people of India have some sentimental attachment to hockey, because of past glory. Granted many of those people are now older folks but if any sport can challenge cricket's supremacy, it is hockey. Let us all throw our weight behind Indian hockey and if we get an Olympic gold or WC trophy this decade, the landscape of Indian sports will change much like 1983. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Posters here should learn to take jokes, laugh every now and then, poke fun at themselves etc. Of course this thread was in lighter vein but itne saare log dil pe le liye :phehe:

On a serious note, as a cricket fan, I m badly missing dhoni's captaincy skills. I knew he was finished as a batsman by 2015 and he was playing as an accumulator thereafter.   But his captaincy skills are unmatched till date in indian history.   

17 hours ago, Frustrated said:

The thing is India won 3 ICC trophies from 2007-2013.    All those wins were under Dhoni's captaincy. His captaincy skills were exceptional and we had a great team overall in all those wins.  Except maybe 2007T20 WC where it was a young team and many players were new.  Those wins had nothing to do with the party at the centre (congress).    Interestingly,  Dhoni himself was and still is a bjp supporter.  :phehe:

It was a joke :bumsmack:

On 11/22/2023 at 4:05 PM, Frustrated said:

On a serious note, as a cricket fan, I m badly missing dhoni's captaincy skills. I knew he was finished as a batsman by 2015 and he was playing as an accumulator thereafter.   But his captaincy skills are unmatched till date in indian history.   

Yep more than party, it was Dhoni that got us the WC win. This is from 2011 before the WC

Dhoni's 12-inch will get us the World Cup! : r/india

On 11/22/2023 at 5:33 AM, Gollum said:

Won't happen in our lifetimes buddy, Bhutia was andhon mein kana raja, that's it. We had class players 60 years ago!!!!

But we can achieve domination in field hockey, that is our best bet. And people of India have some sentimental attachment to hockey, because of past glory. Granted many of those people are now older folks but if any sport can challenge cricket's supremacy, it is hockey. Let us all throw our weight behind Indian hockey and if we get an Olympic gold or WC trophy this decade, the landscape of Indian sports will change much like 1983. 

hockey is a better (in the sense of being more dynamic, creative, and less conditions-based) game than cricket.... there, I said it, now come and throw the brickbats at me (perhaps @Gollum might agree partly with me)

11 hours ago, Frustrated said:

RaGa said in a recent interview that he has a special device which can do this: "Ek taraf se PayTm trophy ghusaunga.  Doosri taraf se ICC trophy niklega" 

RaGa as PM will lift the trophy alongside Rohit Sharma in US after T20 WC win and declare himself real januedhari Brahmin along With Captain Sharmaji & US President Vivek Ramaswamy.... 

RSS will declare itself as associate wing of Congress & BJP would join AIMIM & Owaisi & make another Hyderabad in Ahmedabad. 

It's all planned by Sonia G... 

23 hours ago, Vijy said:

hockey is a better (in the sense of being more dynamic, creative, and less conditions-based) game than cricket.... there, I said it, now come and throw the brickbats at me (perhaps @Gollum might agree partly with me)

Not partly, fully!!!! Hockey is a superior sport with real athletes. 

On 11/22/2023 at 4:03 PM, Gollum said:

Football we should aim to qualify for the WCs and be a spoiler team in the next 30-40 years. Maybe try to win an Asia Cup.

Hockey we are almost there. Hockey league also coming back next year. High time we have multiple sports. Can be like the Americans/Aussies etc with their seasons.