Sri Lanka may also be playing a second-string team

sage

I was reading about that alternative squad & frankly it looked stronger than their main squad.  Experienced pros like Munaweera & Asela Gunaratne Lahiru Kumara (fastest pacer in Asia)  are in that squad. 

If they can get Hasaranga & Chameera somehow in that as well...  We might see a decent lankan outfit. 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Jayasuria ko bula lo, aaj bhi shayad pel hi de Indian bowlers ko

Actually yes. Did u see jaysurya manhandling  vinay kumar and munaf patel in legends series. Hell upul tharanga scored a 47 ball 99 against one team. Dilshan smacked every team. Tharanga jaysurya dilshan any day still better than top 3 of their present team..

4 hours ago, Vilander said:

Not outside of possibility.. People who saw Jayasuria will never be too sure..ever.

I used to literally cry and fear facing lankans in middle and end 90s. Between 1996 wc to 1999 Taunton they literally pummelled us in every damm match.. the george romero horror movies of prasad kuruvilla mohanty bowling medium pace on a flat premadasa or kanpur deck to demon jaysurya literally was unbearable and then getting bamboozled by muralis spin or faltering against swing of Vaas .. they literally had a hold on us.. i think india won only a solitary odi  match against them during that time.. things got better after 1999 though we still lost lot of finals and w cup 2007 Match against them..my biggest regret to date is the 2014 t20 final.. it was on plate for us to win..can’t believe we messed up..

Edited by neel roy
9 hours ago, neel roy said:

Between 1996 wc to 1999 Taunton they literally pummelled us in every damm match.

SL were amongst top2-3 sides back then,but i believe our pathetic record against them in that period was mostly due to the presence of few fixers in the side and yes Kuruvilla,Prasad were cannon foddars but still it didn't reflect our strength specially against them,we got hold of them from 98 onwards actually,it turned into 60-40(that 40% comprises few "final" losses though:(() in our favour till 2004 and since then it has been onesided affair whether home or away

SL were amongst top2-3 sides back then,but i believe our pathetic record against them in that period was mostly due to the presence of few fixers in the side and yes Kuruvilla,Prasad were cannon foddars but still it didn't reflect our strength specially against them,we got hold of them from 98 onwards actually,it turned into 60-40(that 40% comprises few "final" losses though:(() in our favour till 2004 and since then it has been onesided affair whether home or away

One of  the everlasting memories during these carnages was the face of one person who saw all of these bashings without fail... felt sorry for him..4e7bd9079b8942b54798d6218af07703.jpg
8 hours ago, sage said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/sl-vs-ind-2021-player-from-alternative-sri-lanka-squad-for-india-series-tests-covid-19-positive-1269222

Player from alternative Sri Lanka squad for India series tests Covid-19 positive

might really have to get sanath back now. second-string squad also sick

Uae bhej ke apni B vs C side ka contest krwa do . Wo zyaada competitive hoga