What's the role of consolidators in modern day LOIs?

We should change our approach if we fail in this t20 world cup. This should be our lineup post t20 worldcup

Shaw

Rahul/Agarwal
Kishan
Sky
Pant
Pandya

Even on our bad day we should be able to reach 170-180 and good day 220+

49 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

When conditions are difficult, consolidators like Rohit, Dhawan and Kohli return back to pavilion in 6 overs any way.

CT 2017, WC SF v NZ.

When conditions are flat, FTBs can blast right from start to end.

I think in ODIs, building inning and the ability to hit hundreds plays an important role too. Rohit, Dhawan and Kohli have done that for several years. However, they should start replacing one of these by Shaw in ODIs too. 

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

I think in ODIs, building inning and the ability to hit hundreds plays an important role too. Rohit, Dhawan and Kohli have done that for several years. However, they should start replacing one of these by Shaw in ODIs too. 

it worked also but modern LOI is evolving very quickly

Roy and Bairstow. I don't think even Tendulkar/Sehwag could have done that.  In the last 5 years their partnership as openers is 60 at a run rate 7.01.  England is so lucky to have them.  Shaw and Rahul can open. But reliability is the problem. Besides KL Rahul sometimes willingly shuts himself down. Kishan batting is a total lottery. 

8 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

I remember how dhoni rotated Sachin, gambhir, Sehwag in the Australian cb series post 2011 win. Can't we follow the same? Enough is enough..  Time to blood youngsters 

Kishan to me is a proper T20 dasher...  He can wreck havoc in Powerplay.  He ain't the guy who will give you tons..   But his impact will be massive.  T20 is the perfect format for him as of now & keeping the two T20 WC's in mind.  He will mature into a good ODI batter with experience. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

Kishan to me is a proper T20 dasher...  He can wreck havoc in Powerplay.  He ain't the guy who will give you tons..   But his impact will be massive.  T20 is the perfect format for him as of now & keeping the two T20 WC's in mind.  He will mature into a good ODI batter with experience. 

Kishan and Shaw need to start for India in t20s. Both better than pant too 

1 minute ago, Sandeep99 said:

Kishan and Shaw need to start for India in t20s. Both better than pant too 

Pant for some reason has underachieved in T20.  He has too many dinky shots at his disposal. He tries to over use them and complicate things in T20. West Indian style approach is the best. straight and long. No need of paddle scoops.

58 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Hitting 100s?

Yeah survive 70-85 balls for that.

Apart from that if we are worried about ocassional collapses, then we get those with consolidators also.

30 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Didn't you love the classic stats padding by Dhawan while others were going hell for leather

To be fair to him he blocked one end up and anchored the innings beautifully allowing others around him to go for the kill, i think Dravid is the master mind behind this strategy and can change the face of Indian LOI cricket forever just like England did with theirs after 2015 WC.