Ashwin n jadeja in SENA post 2018

So should they both play at trent Bridge, according to me Jadeja is batting quite beautifully these days his bowling isn't to shabby either and Ashwin is easily the best spinner on the planet, but in the WTC final our team was surely short of one pacer. 

This is some dilemma, Shardul over Jadeja can be an option but I am not sure if it's right. 

There's no definite right answer you can come up with and we can't really blame the TM if they go with either combination

5 hours ago, CodeOfWisden said:

So should they both play at trent Bridge, according to me Jadeja is batting quite beautifully these days his bowling isn't to shabby either and Ashwin is easily the best spinner on the planet, but in the WTC final our team was surely short of one pacer. 

This is some dilemma, Shardul over Jadeja can be an option but I am not sure if it's right. 

There's no definite right answer you can come up with and we can't really blame the TM if they go with either combination

Shardul can play over jadeja especially in england. I will also play Siraj over Ishant but I know for SURE it wont happen due to rat

5 hours ago, CodeOfWisden said:

Pick Shardul as the 3rd seamer in a 5 man attack - Shami, Siraj, Shardul, Ashwin, Jadeja.

On current form, Bumrah doesn't get in.

14 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

jZPy0Ty.png

Apparently jadeja and ashwin aren't all time greats according to master zen loool. 

But the truth is indian fast bowling attack made a difference tbf. 

Indian fast bowling is the ebst in the world. Period. From 2017-2021 they were the best. 

We shall see how bunrah bounces back but now our attack is even more potent with siraj bumrah and shami or possibly umesh. Just don't have swing bowlers to suit English and kiwi conditions. 

Well technically we do. Bhuvi, thakur and siraj are fantastic swing bowlers. Bhuvi has fitness problems unfortunately. 

On 8/2/2021 at 5:26 PM, CodeOfWisden said:

no we werent. Bumrah completely went missing and there were some(atleast one) schoolboy captaincy errors.Yet we bowled them out for 249

That's good enough if you bat well.We didn't in either innings

Those stats are misleading as overseas spinners would only play on relatively helpful surfaces more often than not, while the key home spinner would play most of the games against a variety of opponents 

Below is the data wrt Ind spinners since 2018 (the period from the table). Kuldeep too has done well in a selected test that he played in:

View overall figures 
Primary team India 
Host country Australia  or England  or New Zealand  or South Africa 
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2018 
Type of bowler (by style) spin bowler 
Ordered by bowling average (ascending)
Overall figures
Player Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10  
GH Vihari 2018-2021 9 7 45.3 9 132 5 3/37 3/38 26.40 2.90 54.6 0 0  
RA Jadeja 2018-2021 7 12 233.5 42 654 24 4/62 7/258 27.25 2.79 58.4 0 0  
R Ashwin 2018-2021 12 22 491.1 99 1214 43 4/55 7/121 28.23 2.47 68.5 0 0  
Kuldeep Yadav 2018-2019 2 2 40.5 7 143 5 5/99 5/99 28.60 3.50 49.0 1 0  
Washington Sundar 2021-2021 1 2 49.0 7 169 4 3/89 4/169 42.25 3.44 73.5 0 0

8 hours ago, Lord said:

no we werent. Bumrah completely went missing and there were some(atleast one) schoolboy captaincy errors.Yet we bowled them out for 249

That's good enough if you bat well.We didn't in either innings

In hindsight do you still think playing with 2 spinners is right in overcast conditions 

On 8/4/2021 at 6:49 AM, Vk1 said:

In hindsight do you still think playing with 2 spinners is right in overcast conditions 

yes unless its predicted to remain overcast and is a greentop.Here we are luckily not going to be bowling last else would need a spinner,specially if weather improves

We are playing Jaddu as a batsman  AR anyway.And Ashwin is best spinner in the world.Took 4 even in cloudy WTC final

Shardul though has done well and shown he can be part of even 3 pace attack.Will beef up the tail too

6 hours ago, Lord said:

yes unless its predicted to remain overcast and is a greentop.Here we are luckily not going to be bowling last else would need a spinner,specially if weather improves

We are playing Jaddu as a batsman  AR anyway.And Ashwin is best spinner in the world.Took 4 even in cloudy WTC final

Shardul though has done well and shown he can be part of even 3 pace attack.Will beef up the tail too

Overcast was predicted to last for full test match

10 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Overcast was predicted to last for full test match

so its a good pick for this match.I said the same in predict XI thread.Shouldnt be an automatic pick.Will prefer Ash if weather is expected to be good

Gone for duck btw.Needs to do well next innings.

Ashwin ahead so far in his WTC performance against much better side

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

so its a good pick for this match.I said the same in predict XI thread.Shouldnt be an automatic pick.Will prefer Ash if weather is expected to be good

Gone for duck btw.Needs to do well next innings.

Ashwin ahead so far in his WTC performance against much better side

He has to be consistent in overseas with bat since he doesnt get to bowl a lot or is not as effective as Ash is... great job from him today