Future of Afghanistan Cricket

Taliban will allow men's cricket. Their rules are against contact sports and against men wearing shorts. Cricket doesn't have either of them, so they're good. However they might object to rubbing the balls on pants, but since Afghan team is spin dependant, they should be fine

End of the day they still need to run bread and circus to pacify their people and maintain control

3 hours ago, Serpico said:

Taliban will allow men's cricket. Their rules are against contact sports and against men wearing shorts. Cricket doesn't have either of them, so they're good. However they might object to rubbing the balls on pants, but since Afghan team is spin dependant, they should be fine

End of the day they still need to run bread and circus to pacify their people and maintain control

What about ICC? Will they recognize Taliban led ACB?

It should be interesting to see their new support staff and managers.  

Also if at all they move out of the country there’s a strong chance they would be accommodated in India, not just UAE.  

But I don’t see that happening.  Taliban probably won’t mess around  with their cricket - probably. 

Edited by NameGoesHere
22 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Lets be honest, the future of Afghanistan looks bleak as eff. The flag of Afghanistan is gonna change, the players are scared to go back to Afghanistan. Taliban have been usually against cricket. All officials have fled the country. I think ICC could do something like IOC did with Russia in this Olympics

Will be interesting.

Some of them play in the Australian T20 Local comp.

22 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

BCCI needs to pull some strings and get Rashid Khan citizenship before T20i World Cup.  If England can do it for Archer prior to 2019 WC we should be able to pull this off.

would be tough seeing Chahal play ahead of him

28 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

BCCI needs to pull some strings and get Rashid Khan citizenship before T20i World Cup.  If England can do it for Archer prior to 2019 WC we should be able to pull this off.

Archer's mom was British and he didn't play in west indies team yet

3 hours ago, rageaddict said:

There is some waiting period before an  Individual who has played for a particular team can play for another team. 

I think it is around 4-5 years.

A Cricketer cannot represent SA in 2020 and then change allegiance to England/NZ in 2021. Not so fast

Eoin Morgan says hello.. 

48 minutes ago, Norman said:

Eoin Morgan says hello.. 

Because he was representing an associate team. Exception is made for a player who is representing an  associate team and switching allegiance to a Test team.

spacer.png

Since Afghanistan is a Test playing Nation now, Rashid will have to wait for a period of 4 years starting from last time he represented Afghanistan in National colours.