Siraj the red ball star!!

sandeep

What I like best about Siraj is he doesn’t take any crap off nobody.  If he’s on your team you love him.  If he’s on the other team he is one of your most hated guys.  That’s good as he can get in heads of the opposition and has skill to back it up.

The glare he gave racist Robinson after brutal bouncer just two balls removed from hat trick ball was incredible. I was jumping out of my chair screaming “Go get him, Mo.  F him up!!!”

Edited by GeeGaw
2 hours ago, GeeGaw said:

What I like best about Siraj is he doesn’t take any crap off nobody.  If he’s on your team you love him.  If he’s on the other team he is one of your most hated guys.  That’s good as he can get in heads of the opposition and has skill to back it up.

The glare he gave racist Robinson after brutal bouncer just two balls removed from hat trick ball was incredible. I was jumping out of my chair screaming “Go get him, Mo.  F him up!!!”

What I wish we could see is this current Eng team playing against Srinath, peak Aaron/Umesh, Bumrah, Siraj in Perth and getting an unrelenting bumper barrage. This would teach some of them much-needed humility.

Siraj will be a top bowler in white ball cricket too.

He has improved this aspect of his game a lot in 2021.

Siraj was bowling quick, accurate indipping yorkers at will at 140 k to 148 k. And defended targets successfully in the last over to win it for his team in 2 matches.

Plus he was moving the ball both ways at sharp pace in the first 2 overs. And this leads to wickets.

Needs to be a regular in our white ball playing 11 barring breaks due to work load management.  

Rest him in inconsequential LOIs. And play him in important ones.

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

What I wish we could see is this current Eng team playing against Srinath, peak Aaron/Umesh, Bumrah, Siraj in Perth and getting an unrelenting bumper barrage. This would teach some of them much-needed humility.

Pace attacks of 

Bumrah, Siraj, Shami, Prasidh. (  Possible now )

Or

Bumrah, Siraj, Prasidh, Tyagi   (   Possible after 18 months or so ) 

Will be an ideal mix of wicket taking ability and massive hostility. Opposition batsmen will wear 2 helmets.  

And this will be possible if our pacers continue to work on their batting and 4 can be played together.

Edited by express bowling
7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Pace attacks of 

Or

Will be ideal mix of wicket taking ability and massive hostility. Batsmen will wear 2 helmets.  

And this will be possible if our pacers continue to work on their batting and 4 can be played together.

Excited to see these four bowl in SA/Australia. Prasidh and Kartik needs to get better with their lines. Prasidh needs to develop some attitude too. He seems soft like Srinath. Gentle giant.

Edited by rkt.india
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Pace attacks of 

Or

Will be ideal mix of wicket taking ability and massive hostility. Batsmen will wear 2 helmets.  

Though i am disappointed with Saini , still would keep an eye this season .

Lets see what Manoj Prabhakar & Saini  can work out together .

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Excited to see these four bowl in SA/Australia. Prasidh and Kartik needs to get better with their lines.

Prasidh was bowling better lines in IPL 2021.  So did Tyagi in the only match he played.

Probably worked on this aspect.

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Prasidh needs to develop some attitude too. He seems soft like Srinath. Gentle giant.

I too thought so.  @Mosher and I were discussing this aspect. But we were pleasantly surprised to see Prasidh glare at batsmen and sledge them during the ODI series vs England, especially after bowling bouncers.

21 hours ago, express bowling said:

Pace attacks of 

Or

Will be an ideal mix of wicket taking ability and massive hostility. Opposition batsmen will wear 2 helmets.  

Tyagi is too raw but I agree the first quartet could work. However, none of them barring Shami-bhai have any batting potential. Bumrah's 30-odd was a genuine fluke and Siraj is a genuine rabbit as well. Have not seen Prasidh bat but his domestic record indicates a No. 11. One real drawback of this team is that people are getting hyper-specialized. None of our pacers can bat (even at Srinath level) and none of our batters can bowl (at the level of Sehwag/Ganguly/Yuvi or the versatile SRT).

21 hours ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh was bowling better lines in IPL 2021.  So did Tyagi in the only match he played.

Probably worked on this aspect.

I too thought so.  @Mosher and I were discussing this aspect. But we were pleasantly surprised to see Prasidh glare at batsmen and sledge them during the ODI series vs England, especially after bowling bouncers.

hopefully he gets to play against anderson and give him so lip and some bumpers too.

On 8/20/2021 at 3:35 PM, express bowling said:

Saini keeps on developing niggles In the last 1 year or so. Needs to get fully fit and he will be fine.

Will be in contention again then.

Saini should still be in contention. He is a in his absolute prime. He has a good 4 5 years left. He should be monitored. 

We always blood talents very late lol. 25 -25 is the perfect age imo. They missed it with saini. Hope they don't let him flounder about. 

I am also extremely excited about siraj even for odi. 

Siraj averages 23 in list A guys and 23.45 in A tours guys. 

He has serious potential even there. Don't be surprised at Al if siraj plays in 2023 WC. 

T20 is not his strong suit but average of 21 in t20 is no joke.

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

Tyagi is too raw but I agree the first quartet could work. However, none of them barring Shami-bhai have any batting potential. Bumrah's 30-odd was a genuine fluke and Siraj is a genuine rabbit as well. Have not seen Prasidh bat but his domestic record indicates a No. 11. One real drawback of this team is that people are getting hyper-specialized. None of our pacers can bat (even at Srinath level) and none of our batters can bowl (at the level of Sehwag/Ganguly/Yuvi or the versatile SRT).

Bumrah was not a fluke. He has two of his highest scores in this series and has improved his batting. Siraj is also not a mug and can get better.

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Bumrah was not a fluke. He has two of his highest scores in this series and has improved his batting. Siraj is also not a mug and can get better.

Bumrah probably has erased himself from being close successor of Chris Martin. 

I think he has worked on his Batswing.   He is probably now Trent Boult level.

Siraj is quite brutal against Spin..  Shami level & connects more often than not.  That knock with Ashwin in India proved that. 

Umesh>Shami>Siraj>Bumrah in batting I think. 

On 8/20/2021 at 9:28 AM, Vijy said:

Bhuvi was always quite ordinary in ODIs barring a few matches. He was better in tests until his fitness faded away, and in T20s.

While a strict no on flat pattas, Bhuvi was very useful with the new ball in swing friendly conditions. There were quite a few games we missed him  when Shami had to bowl with the new ball.

57 minutes ago, Number said:

While a strict no on flat pattas, Bhuvi was very useful with the new ball in swing friendly conditions. There were quite a few games we missed him  when Shami had to bowl with the new ball.

Even in swing friendly conditions in ODIs, Bhuvi did not fulfill his potential as seen from his records.