Umran Malik - 150 kph Indian pace sensation

Texan

On 4/11/2022 at 9:01 PM, bharathh said:

He comes across more like a Mohd Sami than a wicket taking bowler. Ball goes fast to the boundary as well. Hopefully, he improves soon.

Express pace bowlers do sometimes leak runs. What works for him also works against him. He gets good bounce from the surface, hence even top edges are flying to the boundary. If we can groom him for Test cricket, he would be an invaluable resource to have on tours away from home.

19 hours ago, Pollack said:

He is a typical Indian pace bowler who can bowl express pace. By typical I mean brainless, erratic, talentless. He just bowls in fast that's it. Has no sense of line and length. No special skills. Cannot setup a batsman.

Umran Malik is a trash bowler.

Once you'reĀ  gifted with pace, you can learn other skills with time and experience , but you cannot learn pace.Ā 

On 4/18/2022 at 9:47 AM, Lone Wolf said:

His father still has a shop of groceries last I heard.. Ā Heartwarming story.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Lots of warming in the past also, actually if you walk up close and talk they will say India occupying kashmir etc. So I take all this heart warming with a pinch of salt.

On 4/19/2022 at 1:10 PM, First class said:

Once you'reĀ  gifted with pace, you can learn other skills with time and experience , but you cannot learn pace.Ā 

Yea you can learn pace. Nobody puts in enough time and effort needed to build the right physique for fast bowling.Ā 

It is possible to increase pace substantially. It takes time. You need to watch your diet, train adequately, get enough rest (10 hour sleep), do sport specific strength and conditioning etc.Ā 

Ā 

Take a look at a frail guy like bhuvi kumar. Dude used to trundle at 120 when he started. He hit close to 135-143 in his peak. And that's with his frail physique. His weak body I.e.Ā 

Ā 

Problem arises when you don't have the resources to allocate adequate time to build your ideal physique and improve your technical bowling skills simultaneously. In bhuvis case, he dint dedicate enough time to raiswĀ his strength and conditioning level to match his prowess with the ball.Ā 

That's why he suffered and now trundles again.Ā 

Ā 

All fast bowlers who bowl 140 plus or are capable of cranking it above 140 plus consistently have excellent physiques because they dedicated most of their lives to improve their strength and conditioning to sustain such speeds.Ā 

Edited by Jay
1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Ā 

Ā 

Lots of warming in the past also, actually if you walk up close and talk they will say India occupying kashmir etc. So I take all this heart warming with a pinch of salt.

He lives in Jammu so he is different from Kashmiris in most ways. Ā He is from Gujjar community which is one of the good ones out there.Ā 

I know about Kashmiris inside out. Ā You can easily gauge out how much hate they carry.Ā 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

He lives in Jammu so he is different from Kashmiris in most ways. Ā He is from Gujjar community which is one of the good ones out there.Ā 

I know about Kashmiris inside out. Ā You can easily gauge out how much hate they carry.Ā 

you would also see lots of pakistanis supporting him, very close minded folks. Somehow they feel he represents them, remember the 'i am sorry to all muslims ' scumbag, my be he was right and for sania mirza a celebrated Indian athlete toĀ turn up to support him in his games for Pakistan. Special community.Ā 

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Impressive control today. wickets or not. He bowled this in between lengths which can neither be negotiated by stepping out nor by staying in the crease.Ā 

it was largely against lower-middle order today but his control is improving rapidly every match. great signs

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ā 

https://thebridge.in/cricket/umran-malik-vegetable-vendors-son-ipl-craze-jammu-town-30188

Ā 

"The most frightening moment of my life was when I first bowled to David Warner and Kane Williamson in the SRH nets last year," Umran Malik told The Bridge. "Jonny Bairstow asked me to bowl slower to him at the nets, but I did not understand what he was saying, so I continued bowling fast," he said.

https://thebridge.in/cricket/umran-malik-vegetable-vendors-son-ipl-craze-jammu-town-30188

Ā 

The story