India's team against NZ and the strategy?

Alam_dar

36 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

This wt20, just like previous one will only be about Individual brilliance (Kohli last time) . This unit do not inspire confidence at all. That's the reason we have never won't the wt20 except the inaugural one..

And it seems funny & absurd now that when the squad was announced it felt like one of better Indian T20 squads

On 10/24/2021 at 10:39 PM, Alam_dar said:

What lessons have been learnt?

Does India need to strengthen it's batting more by bringing Ishaan, or should India strengthen it's bowling  by bringing Shardul + Ashwin in the team?

India was also missing the 6th bowling option today. 

But Ishaan could be helpful in negating the left arm bowling of Boult. 

1st Option:

As far as the team selection is concerned, then the first option is as following. 

1. Ishaant instead of out of form SYK, 
  2. Shardul instead of Bhuvi (while Shardul can also bat)
  3. Ashwin instead of Pandya. (while Ashwin could also hold the bat too). 

The combined batting abilities of Shardul + Ashwin could replace the combined batting abilities of Pandya + Bhuvi. 

While the combined bowling abilities of Shardul + Ashwin are better then Bhuvi + Pandya

2nd Option is:

1. Bring Ishaan instead of Pandya (i.e. to keep SKY too in the team along with Ishaan). This will strengthen the batting line up, but bowling line up will be missing the 6th bowling option.
  2. Even if Varun is also replaced by Ashwin, still the 6th bowling option is missing. 
  3. Bhuvi could also be replaced by Shardul. 

3rd option is: 

1. Don't change the batting combination, and only change the bowlers  ... i.e.  Shardul instead of bhuvi and/or Ashwin instead of Varun.

Who should bat at No. 3 ? 

Ishaan or Kohli?

Bowling Combination:

1. Who should start the attack? Most probably it should be Shammi. 
  2. Which other bowlers should be used in the power play? 
    Varun? 
    If Shardul and Ashwin could also bowl in the power play? 

Bhai if ndia lose toss india will lose match. No way they will win if we bat first. Absolutely zilch. Mark my words.  india doesnt have a rashid khan who can conjure up a magic wkt while bowlling second. VC is a mystery spinner but with dew it is difficult to even hold the ball. You cant bowl carrom balls as it ll slip. So he just becomes a normal straight bowler. So whatever strategy even 180 will be easily chased by kiwis. This w cup is a sham as india will play all night matches due to public eye balls. I have a friend in dubai and he was telling me as it comes to november the dew is more than rain. He has a courtyard and he was telling me it is so dangerous as it becomes slippery and completely wet by 8.30/9. Forget cricket you cant even play football in that kind of wet grass. And dubai has no clouds so invariably there will be dew. Just pray for the toss. 

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

Bhai if ndia lose toss india will lose match. No way they will win if we bat first. Absolutely zilch. Mark my words.  india doesnt have a rashid khan who can conjure up a magic wkt while bowlling second. VC is a mystery spinner but with dew it is difficult to even hold the ball. You cant bowl carrom balls as it ll slip. So he just becomes a normal straight bowler. So whatever strategy even 180 will be easily chased by kiwis. This w cup is a sham as india will play all night matches due to public eye balls. I have a friend in dubai and he was telling me as it comes to november the dew is more than rain. He has a courtyard and he was telling me it is so dangerous as it becomes slippery and completely wet by 8.30/9. Forget cricket you cant even play football in that kind of wet grass. And dubai has no clouds so invariably there will be dew.

Difficult to disagree with you upon it. 

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

Just pray for the toss. 

Totally disagree.

You are asking an ATHEIST to pray :laugh:

Incredibly India's World Cup fate could likely be decided in about ~36 hours from now with a coin toss.

Lose toss and Bat first, we will go tuk tuk for about the first 10-12 overs. Game will be all but dead.

Why am I seeing this likelihood panning out and not the team management????

India need a bold strategy if we bat first v NZ.

27 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Incredibly India's World Cup fate could likely be decided in about ~36 hours from now with a coin toss.

Lose toss and Bat first, we will go tuk tuk for about the first 10-12 overs. Game will be all but dead.

Why am I seeing this likelihood panning out and not the team management????

India need a bold strategy if we bat first v NZ.

Bold strategy? Well if it’s anything it’s more than bold!

3 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

We are a better side on these tracks. We will win it is as simple as that. 

This. 

Literally everyone underestimated this Pak team in UAE conditions including the pakistanis themselves. We looked under prepared and they did their homework. 

NZ on the other hand are the worst ENA team in Asian conditions. Will be surprised if we lose this. 

4 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

We are a better side on these tracks. We will win it is as simple as that. 

We are a better side than Pakistan too. We all know what happened there. 

NZ are more than capable of beating us in any conditions. Don't you remember what Santner and Sodhi did to us in 2016?