Hardik Pandya's watches seized at Mumbai airport by customs officials

SandeepMotta

14 hours ago, putrevus said:

Calling them fixers is completely wrong and moronic, They don't deserve it. To call that official overjealous who is trying to do his job is also wrong without knowing the details.

A quick search about Mumbai customs corruption will give you your answer. Every second month, one of them gets caught asking for a bribe. One of the most corrupt, if not the most corrupt government departments. As the story evolves, you'll find the leaked stories do not quite match up. Typical modus operandi.

10 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Sorry, you don’t know the facts.

SRK has multiple large sources of income outside acting fees. 

SRK owns a production and distribution company - Red Chillies Entertainment  and earns 100s of crores from it every year. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Chillies_Entertainment

He did more endorsements than any entertainment professional on the planet for over a decade. Made a fortune there too.

He has been a prolific real estate investor in the UAE for a long time and made a fortune there too.

Juhi Chawlas husband is a big businessman.

Zintas’s stake is minor. She was able to buy a franchise because she was then dating Ness Wadia. Heir of the Wadia group. 

Yes you are right.

But you are talking about active income...I am talking about passive income.

SR at 5700 crores...involves a **** ton of investment in known & unknown places.

And who knows his real networth may be much higher than the reported ones.

Take Pandya.

60 crores at 5% - 10% returns would net you 3-6 crores per year.

And this is super conservative.

As Pandya could have invested a serious chunk in high risk-high reward investments.

Crypto is one where insane returns are possible.

Then there's stock market (he probably has a team managing this).

Plus there's always real estate which he could have bought in other people's names which would have appreciated like crazy.

All I am saying is it's hard to calculate how much someone has just by adding active income.

18 hours ago, diga said:

Was Pandya smuggling it for our local watch aficionado @velu ..

what kind of watches cost 5Cr 

he said its worth 1.5 crore ..

mostly Patek Philippe ( going by his previous watch collection ) i guess  , in grey mkt they might cost 2 or 3 times more than the retail price 

20 hours ago, New guy said:

Surely no one will spend all the money on watches. Only way its possible is if they are gifts or you have a bank balance minimum 100 times worth of the watch 

these sports watches are good investments as well .. in fact he made 2/3 times of the money that he used to purchase the watch the moment he got the watch in his hands 

6 lakh basic Rolex submariner with the dealer costs , 20 lakh in second hand  mkt ..

49 minutes ago, velu said:

he said its worth 1.5 crore ..

mostly Patek Philippe ( going by his previous watch collection ) i guess  , in grey mkt they might cost 2 or 3 times more than the retail price 

Why does a watch cost 2-3cr?

What component is that expensive?

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

design , attention to detail , hand  engraving ,  brand name , legacy , complications , exclusivity  etc etc

there are watches like fp journe , only ambanis can afford :(( :mi: 

18 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

If we assume Hardik Pandya's total career earnings pre-tax ( endorsements + IPL + India cap ) to be around 100 cr tops.  

He would get roughly 65-70 crore after tax lifetime.

https://www.gqindia.com/look-good/content/hardik-pandya-expensive-watch-collection-costs-over-rs-10-8-crore-check-it-out

According to several media reports his watch collection is 10-12 crore or so.

Even for someone as dumb and illiterate as Pandya, imagine having  close to 20 % of your networth in watches.  It makes ZERO sense. I am sure this dumb ass has a chartered account / financial advisor / manager who would warm him of his stupidity.

This alone makes me think he has undisclosed /illegal sources of income . Think about it.

What if he is trolling with imitation watches? 

26 minutes ago, velu said:

design , attention to detail , hand  engraving ,  brand name , legacy , complications , exclusivity  etc etc

there are watches like fp journe , only ambanis can afford :(( :mi: 

Look at the power reserve - 120 hours! From what I read, a tourbillon complication is one of the most difficult to pull off and such watches can cost in the hundreds of thousands of $.

Do you follow watches only or clocks also? German black forest ones are very famous - they are mechanical, where you need to pull a pine cone similar to winding a watch and the clock runs for 7 days. Every hour, the characters perform action with sound like like cuckoo cooing,  characters dancing, wheel spinning etc. 

On 11/15/2021 at 12:17 PM, Finer said:

Ipl screams red flag so do your research. Smart men don’t get caught but stupid people do. Nonetheless it is just matter of time. 

Your whole country is red flagged in all aspects.. economy ( gdp lesser than bd), fatf to name a few. Not even bringing what your country is known for across globe

43 minutes ago, nevada said:

Look at the power reserve - 120 hours! From what I read, a tourbillon complication is one of the most difficult to pull off and such watches can cost in the hundreds of thousands of $.

Do you follow watches only or clocks also? German black forest ones are very famous - they are mechanical, where you need to pull a pine cone similar to winding a watch and the clock runs for 7 days. Every hour, the characters perform action with sound like like cuckoo cooing,  characters dancing, wheel spinning etc. 

i follow only watches   :(( 

after spending some time researching watches , now my favorite watch brand is  a langa & sohne followed by jlc  :dance: ( cant afford alanga  though :(( ) 

think almost all german luxury watch brands are underrated and undervalued 

didnt explore much of cuckoo clocks , recently one of my friend imported black forest clock for 2/3 lakhs ( mid range ones i guess ) 

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Fashion and status signaling.  Also works as hedge against inflation, not unlike gold and other jewelry.  Although unlike gold, it doesn't necessarily have to have innate precious metal value, but in a lot of cases the brand value does seem to endure.  

13 minutes ago, velu said:

i follow only watches   :(( 

after spending some time researching watches , now my favorite watch brand is  a langa & sohne followed by jlc  :dance: ( cant afford alanga  though :(( ) 

think almost all german luxury watch brands are underrated and undervalued 

didnt explore much of cuckoo clocks , recently one of my friend imported black forest clock for 2/3 lakhs ( mid range ones i guess ) 

Wow, 2-3l for a cuckoo clock? You could get one for about 600-700 USD. Stupid import duties, as if there are Indian clock makers who are gonna be hurt by people importing from abroad!

I love JLC, the Reverso with power reserve is my favorite. I don't follow watches anymore, but back when I used to, its price was around 12k USD. 

Wow, 2-3l for a cuckoo clock? You could get one for about 600-700 USD. Stupid import duties, as if there are Indian clock makers who are gonna be hurt by people importing from abroad!
I love JLC, the Reverso with power reserve is my favorite. I don't follow watches anymore, but back when I used to, its price was around 12k USD. 
He is cuckoo all right