Hardik Pandya mega discussion thread

3 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

This is what I was talking about. NZ was barely scoring at 7 RPO. 

Neesham came to crease and smashed 27 in 10.

Can Pandya do anything like this? He is able to score quick only when others are also hitting right from top.

If others struggle, he will play innings at SR of 95 like he did against NZ.

Ridiculous that people here are laying the blame for Pandya's shortcomings on the top order. :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

This is what I was talking about. NZ was barely scoring at 7 RPO. 

Neesham came to crease and smashed 27 in 10.

Can Pandya do anything like this? He is able to score quick only when others are also hitting right from top.

If others struggle, he will play innings at SR of 95 like he did against NZ.

Done it many times … if Neesham played for Ind, there would have been such a thread on him as well as the Tuk Tuk Brie age would hardly give these players an opportunity to perform  … it is tough for free flowing players to succeed in an Indian setup 

The irony is that Tuk Tuk brigade do not even play even half a good inning like Mitchell :lol: 

Given the clutch knocks and hitting ability Nesham has shown under pressure makes me wonder what exactly has Pandya done in ICC tournaments to worth a hype that he got?

He has been basically a poor man's Neesham, let alone Stokes in high pressure knockout game when the match is alive. 

13 minutes ago, zen said:

2016 T20 WC 3 wkts in 3 balls
CT final 

2019 WC, played some superb knocks including v Aus

2021 T20 WC - 17 runs of Afridi’s 19th over, steadied ship v NZ, and 35 off 13 v AFG (all the innings while batting first)

:dance:

2016 T20 WC - which game it was?

2017 CT Finals - Lost the game. Soft runs, the game was already lost.

2019 WC Semis - Poor knock. Batted slowly and then got out although in my mind, the inning building job should have been given to Dhoni and then Pandya coming in later overs.

2021 T20 WC- Not good enough

No match winning performance in any knockouts yet. 

Neesham has one and he did played very well in 2019 WC Finals with bowl and then the six hitting of Archer in super over.

Edited by Majestic
12 minutes ago, Majestic said:

2016 T20 WC - which game it was?

2017 CT Finals - Lost the game

2019 WC Semis - Poor knock. Batted slowly and then got out although in my mind, the inning building job should have been given to Dhoni and then Pandya coming in later overs.

2021 T20 WC- Not good enough

No match winning performance in any knockouts yet. 

Neesham has one and he did played very well in 2019 WC Finals with bowl and then the six hitting of Archer in super over.

If that is not good enough, Ind itself is poor man’s NZ 

In the next tournament, if Russell, who failed here, does well, SDP has to do that too :rolleyes:

Edited by zen