Rahane averages 32 in last 50 tests, Pujara averages 32 in last 26 tests

23 minutes ago, New guy said:

Saha will probably be not playing as his injury seems something which will affect him. Kohli probably will come instead of Agarwal with pujara opening

If Saha won't play than Ks Bharat will, we need one wicketkeeper nah?

So there's no way both Rahane and Pujara can play next match. Isn't it? 

35 minutes ago, New guy said:

I was saying bharat instead of saha and kohli instead of mayank might be only changes made. But lets see

Who will open then? That's the question. Don't think Pujara will open, or will he?

Edited by Pollack

The frustrating thing about Rahane is he doesn't even have any technical deficiency.He fights tough conditions for a while,starts looking comfortable and then throws it away.

With SA tour likely to be scrapped,this should be his final series

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

I doubt any other Indian batsman has played 50 tests on the trot while averaging 32.

There is something fishy going on.

There is something other than cricket involved here.

As I said in my post above, it is not completely out of place to average 32 over 50 tests. See AJith Wadekar for example. He averages 31 over 37 tests and still being considered a good test bat.

21 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

As I said in my post above, it is not completely out of place to average 32 over 50 tests. See AJith Wadekar for example. He averages 31 over 37 tests and still being considered a good test bat.

Mushfiqur averages, 36, that is considered good for the team he plays for. Modern day Bangladesh is equivalent of India of 70s. Now India is a batting superpower, better is expected from the batsmen. Anything less than 42 is considered ordinary.

Edited by Chakdephatte
2 hours ago, sarcastic said:

I would request you to check the averages of other Indian batsmen of that era. Playing without helmets and poor quality protective gear against fast bowlers who could bowl 6 bouncers if they wanted.

Apart from Vishwanath and Gavaskar during the fag end of Wadekar's career, no other batsmen averaged 40+ while scoring 2000+ runs.

The setup wasn't as professional then nor the talent pool as vast in India as they are now.

Moreover, Wadekar played more because he was considered a brilliant captain and was allowed to be the captain too.

And he retired only 8 years after his test debut.