BRAHMĀSTRA Part One: Shiva

poyzzplaidwell

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Did you like the movie?

It was a licensed remake. So they had to stick to the plot. W/o much room to manoeuvre. 

FWIW, it is rumoured that Paramount studios said that these guys couldn't deviate too much from the original script so as to not tarnish the legacy of the original.

Nope didn’t work for me. Pretty lame. No wonder the movie flopped, it has nothing to attract the audience. 

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/pvr-shareholders-creditors-to-meet-on-october-11-to-consider-merger-with-inox-9154241.html

I think this news caused fall in pvr and inox share prices yesterday. 95% films in India are flop and get negative reviews. If that would cause such a downfall then pvr would have been dead and not survived 25 years.

Edited by rkt.india

45 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

No, the point being that the response was that they (Gems) watch all movies screaming boycott. There was no such campaign for cuttputli

Rakshabandhan didn't have same response, still it did worse than Chaddha ji despite getting a great review from Taran Adarsh who slammed Chaddha ji.

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Starting to feel these budgets are bloated for god knows why

in some cases

• 2.0 was shot for 5 yrs in 3D unlike others, VFX workflow was shifted from A company to B (worst nightmare for VFX, they cud have lost all the work)
  • RRR- biggest chunk wud have been rajamouli salary and his family works in his crew (nepotism :p:) so all wud be well paid
  • Brahamastra - Shot for 10 yrs and VFX quality whatever i have heard has been the best ever in Indian cinema  so understandable 

11 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Money talk, how big a hit, why a movie became a hit or flop - these are all general filmi gossip, sadiyon se chale aarahe hain. Why are you surprised with it?

im surprised how ppl admit that they wanna see someone fail 

Also this is just post SM phenomenon, intially it started as fan war to rubb off other fans and prove how one is superior coz his hero movie earned more

Now everyone has become joker they wanna see money burn 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

10 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Going to watch this Tomorrow...  Only concerned about Ranbir's acting...  Never been totally convinced with his dialogue delivery. 

Watch 3D imax thats what everyone has recommended me

10 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Don't care much about script...  Gonna watch it with Keeping my brain totally blank. 

movies shud be watched like that 

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I grew up in Bengaluru , but never seen this pausing of movie and doing aarthi. It would usually be whistle barrage, rain of chillar on the screen and of course the huge cutouts. There used to be cutouts of Amitabh Bacchan as well. 
This kind of celebs also very common 

Also, the stars are usually humble towards their fans. Rajkumar used to call his Abhimani (fan) as Devru (god). 

insider tells that all the star worshiping during release , milk abhisekam are all sponsored by the stars themselves :hitler:

only Tamil Demi god is MGR 

For one, India's obsession with BO needs to stop. We don't make good movies. We need to focus more on craft and less on opening. There can be very occasional big blockbusters but honestly people are celebrating wrong metric here. Good movies do well if they get right distribution. No wonder we are such a joke of industry.