Novak Djokovic's Australian visa cancelled

EnterTheVoid

17 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Negate the result and give the fkin Gold to India

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/aus-vs-ind-cwg-2022-tahlia-mcgrath-plays-final-despite-testing-positive-for-covid-19-1328212

Harmanpreet Kaur has been overly gracious in all of this.  She / Powar should've thrown a complete hissy-fit and made sure that the player was covided out of the match.  But HK speaks of sportsmanship and such, which are virtues only expected of some teams. 

If this was going to be the case, why even test for Covid?  Just accept that - at this stage - with everyone vaccinated, there are minor risks to be accepted.  But, if you are testing, you isolate the person who tests positive.  Idjits. 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

11 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/aus-vs-ind-cwg-2022-tahlia-mcgrath-plays-final-despite-testing-positive-for-covid-19-1328212

Harmanpreet Kaur has been overly gracious in all of this.  She / Powar should've thrown a complete hissy-fit and made sure that the player was covided out of the match.  But HK speaks of sportsmanship and such, which are virtues only expected of some teams. 

If this was going to be the case, why even test for Covid?  Just accept that - at this stage - with everyone vaccinated, there are minor risks to be accepted.  But, if you are testing, you isolate the person who tests positive.  Idjits. 

Utter hypocrisy and selfishness by the Aussies, who threw a hissy fit because our cricketers posed for a photograph with a fan who showed up at the same restaurant for dinner.

I am no fan of Novak Djokovic.  My dislike for him started way before the pandemic mainly because of his pseudoscience peddling - pushing for interventions and wellness concepts that do not have the weight of good evidence (just because he did something and it worked for his n=1 situation does not make it panacea).  And of course the whole drama he caused with the vaccine at the AusOpen was ridiculous. 

That said, GOTUS is being stupid.  33 % of America is running around totally unvaxxed or vaxxed only once for Covid, and an abysmal 30% have received a 3rd dose.  Mask mandates are out.  Hospitalization rates are down.  Serious disease rates are down.  Yes, people are still dying ... But no one is checking vaxx  cards or test results, people are still running around like the pandemic's totally over ...  And stopping this one idiot is going to save lives? 

4 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I am no fan of Novak Djokovic.  My dislike for him started way before the pandemic mainly because of his pseudoscience peddling - pushing for interventions and wellness concepts that do not have the weight of good evidence (just because he did something and it worked for his n=1 situation does not make it panacea).  And of course the whole drama he caused with the vaccine at the AusOpen was ridiculous. 

That said, GOTUS is being stupid.  33 % of America is running around totally unvaxxed or vaxxed only once for Covid, and an abysmal 30% have received a 3rd dose.  Mask mandates are out.  Hospitalization rates are down.  Serious disease rates are down.  Yes, people are still dying ... But no one is checking vaxx  cards or test results, people are still running around like the pandemic's totally over ...  And stopping this one idiot is going to save lives? 

And recent studies have showed that people with booster doses are more likely to die of Covid because their natural immunity is comprised. 

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

And recent studies have showed that people with booster doses are more likely to die of Covid because their natural immunity is comprised. 

There's always a study to suit a particular opinion. daaru was also supposedly helping avoid covid.

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(22)00842-X/fulltext

COVID-19 mRNA vaccination and myocarditis or pericarditis

This was covered in last year's ICF immunology syllabus.  But, here's a refresher:

https://newsroom.heart.org/news/myocarditis-risk-significantly-higher-after-covid-19-infection-vs-after-a-covid-19-vaccine

In the overall dataset of nearly 43 million people, the analyses found:

• Fewer than 3,000 (n=2,861), or 0.007%, people were hospitalized or died with myocarditis during the one-year study period. 617 of these cases of myocarditis occurred during days 1-28 after receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, of which 514 were hospitalized.  
  • People who were infected with COVID-19 before receiving any doses of the COVID-19 vaccines were 11 times more at risk for developing myocarditis during days 1-28 after a COVID-19 positive test.
  •  
  • The risk of COVID-19 infection-related myocarditis risk was cut in half among people infected after vaccination (received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine).
  • The risk of myocarditis increased after a first dose of the ChAdOx1 COVID-19 vaccine (an adenovirus-vector vaccine most similar to the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine available in the U.S.) and after a first, second and booster dose of any of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines. However, the risk of vaccine-associated myocarditis was lower compared to the risk of COVID-19 infection-associated myocarditis, except for after a second dose of the Moderna vaccine.
  • Myocarditis risk was found to be higher during days 1-28 after a second dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for people of all genders and ages, and the risk also persisted after a booster dose of the Moderna vaccine. However, people receiving a booster dose of Moderna were, on average, younger in comparison to those who received a booster dose of the ChAdOx1 or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, therefore, results may not be generalizable to all adults.

5 hours ago, Clarke said:

There's always a study to suit a particular opinion. daaru was also supposedly helping avoid covid.

Actually, there is no study showing increased death rates in vaxxed vs unvaxxed folks, when adjusted for age.  It is a misinterpretation of the study from which I pulled the above graph.  A misinterpretation deliberately propagated as context-free fact by Amreeki cons who are still angry that the vaccines have saved millions of lives. 

As for daaru, I've heard it works better when blended with bleach and apple cider vinegar. 

15 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

WADR, that is bullspit.

Screen-Shot-2022-08-24-at-10.24.34-AM.pn

Age adjusted?

Why just normalize it per 100,000 deaths? Why not factor it against the proportion of the population that belongs to each of these segments?

I am all for vaccination, but these booster doses are BS. They are now introducing a second booster as well..

9 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Age adjusted?

Why just normalize it per 100,000 deaths? Why not factor it against the proportion of the population that belongs to each of these segments?

I am all for vaccination, but these booster doses are BS. They are now introducing a second booster as well..

Death rates are calculated as the number of deaths in each group, divided by the total number of people in this group. This is given per 100,000 people.

Here's more: 

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination

I was unable to copy/paste the graphs within.

As for boosters, I hope the data in there are helpful in moving your needle.  What was BS was for the CDC and WHO to call 2 doses "fully vaccinated" and 3rd dose "boosted".  How did we know before we knew it? 

As for me, I can't wait for the Fall bivalent booster.