Test batting line up Vs SL at home

On 1/13/2022 at 4:13 PM, sarchasm said:

Agarwal? He'll predictably score big runs at home against Lankans. But what purpose would it serve going forward? I like the kind of personality he brings to the team but do we need more evidence that he is impossibly out of his depth when the conditions are even mildly in favor of bowlers.

In Indian conditions he is one of our best. I think we should not be harsh on openers failing overseas, it's become mighty difficult these days especially when conditions are mostly bowler friendly. Also mind you none of our other batsmen cover themselves in glory when it comes to scoring runs overseas.

On topic, I would like to see Gill, Vihari & Iyer get spots in Indian middle order. Vihari will be very successful at home, he is very good again spin. 

Edited by SK_IH
19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1. Rahul

2. Rohit

3. Gill

4. Kohli ... only cause he is the captain

5. Shreyas

6. Pant

7. Washington

8. Ashwin

9. Axar

10. Siraj  (  if unfit then Shami )

11. Prasidh

...  It is very important that we groom youngsters like Prasidh and Washington against a weak opponent. 

... Gill and Shreyas must replace Pujara and Rahane.

They’re going to play Jayant Yadav in place of Sundar. Pujara will play and Vihari will replace Rahane. Prasidh is not playing anytime soon.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

1. Rahul

2. Rohit

3. Gill

4. Kohli ... only cause he is the captain

5. Shreyas

6. Pant

7. Washington

8. Ashwin

9. Axar

10. Siraj  (  if unfit then Shami )

11. Prasidh

...  It is very important that we groom youngsters like Prasidh and Washington against a weak opponent. 

... Gill and Shreyas must replace Pujara and Rahane.

Brat is no longer the captain and therefore he can be "rested" for a while. Moreover, I don't think SL will be a weak opponent. Most of their batters can do adequately against spin and they have got pretty effective spinners. In India, this is the future-looking team I would prefer (Rohit is here as a stop-gap captain):

1. Shaw

2. Rohit (captain)

3. KLR

4. Gill

5. Iyer

6. Pant

7. Sundar

8. Ashwin/Jaddu

9. Axar [Axar should be groomed for longer period]

10. Avesh/Mavi/Siraj [Siraj is a glass cannon]

11. Prasidh