#HijabRow in Karnataka Schools - where do you stand?

Austin 3:!6

What's your stand on hijab row?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What's your stand on hijab row?

• Hijab should be banned from all govt schools. Govt should enforce this.
    • Hijab or any religious attire should be allowed in all govt schools in India. Govt should enforce this
    • Status quo should be maintained. If it's allowed, let it remain so. If it's banned, don't allow it. Let schools decide it.

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It seemed like a degree college The issue was these two wanted to attend classes in Burqa which was disallowed. As per the college Hijab is allowed.

kya behuda lafda hain! 

whoever started this controversy will further damage the education system in India.. this has long term implications.   

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

It seemed like a degree college The issue was these two wanted to attend classes in Burqa which was disallowed. As per the college Hijab is allowed.

kya behuda lafda hain! 

5 hours ago, diga said:

whoever started this controversy will further damage the education system in India.. this has long term implications.   

That's why I felt hat Karnataka issue handling was too shortsighted. This issue could have been stopped then and there.

Freedom to chose a regressive practice is fine in a free progressive society.....not in a closed society where women have to struggle for basic freedom that is taken for granted by the really ' free' societies.

These few hundreds of hijabis are the suppressors of their younger sisters around them . Once they ' choose' to go hijabis...they put social pressure on all the females in their surrounding.

Will their future daughters even have the choice not to wear hijab? These girls are future suppressors of basic freedom of girls ,hiding behind their right to choose.

If your right to choose means no right to choose for others...you should not get that right.

I wonder how much of this stupidity has to do with the 'almost predictabe polarisation' during election time.

If the institution has uniform rules ...follow them .period.

I have been to degree college which had uniforms.Some muslim girls used to come wearing burkas . They removed the burkas and put in their bags once they entered college. It was a girls college though.

Edited by beetle

Freedom to chose a regressive practice is fine in a free progressive society.....not in a closed society where women have to struggle for basic freedom that is taken for granted by the really ' free' societies.

These few hundreds of hijabis are the suppressors of their younger sisters around them . Once they ' choose' to go hijabis...they put social pressure on all the females in their surrounding.

Will their future daughters even have the choice not to wear hijab? These girls are future suppressors of basic freedom of girls ,hiding behind their right to choose.

If your right to choose means no right to choose for others...you should not get that right.

I wonder how much of this stupidity has to do with the 'almost predictabe polarisation' during election time.

I have been to degree college which had uniforms.Some muslim girls used to come wearing burkas . They removed the burkas and put in their bags once they entered college. It was a girls college though.

Correct, a few people cannot hold the country hostage.We have seen this with CAA,farmers and now this.

Where does this end?

13 hours ago, beetle said:

One more potential fallout is that somewhere set of businessmen are seeing money making opportunity. We will have new private girls school with burka allowed policy open up soon. Basically cut them off from larger population so that by 2047 we as a society are more conservative than we were in 1947.  

Too much fear mongering around 20% and Pak 2.0

Don't think of ur community as a bunch of weaklings. I also don't think they're concentrated like they were pre partition or in Kashmir to sustain a secessionist movement and that is IF the idea has much traction. 

Fault lines will remain, it took ages to clear Ayodhya, issues will continue until people are stubborn about their religion.

48 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I am not upto speed on this. Was this rule suddenly imposed, it was always there?

Hijab is not banned in India/Karnataka. One PU college in Udupi, girls would wear Hijab to school and remove it class. 6 girls were backed by PFI and they wanted to wear Hijab in class , which was against the uniform code and disallowed. They sat out of class and created nuisance and the matter is heard in a HC decision in Karnataka 

On 2/18/2022 at 7:45 PM, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Yesterday Hijab. Today Burqa. Then separate Namaz room. Then Friday off for mosque namaz and not sunday off. Then separate electorate.

Where does it stop?

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

It stops at the complete annihilation of the Hindu identify and civilisation by either converting or killing.