Prediction about the Indian squad for WT20 2022.

maniac

Full Disclaimer: this isn’t my personal choice or my favorite squad. This is solely my prediction based on how the “process” works in Indian cricket. Feel free to disagree.

here’s my 16 and the …..

Starting XI
Rohit

Virat

S.Iyer

KL Rahul (WK)

SKY

Hardik Pandya (he will be back even if he has an average IPL.Mark my words)

R.Jadeja

D.Chahar

B.Kumar

Y.Chahal

J.Bumrah

Starting Reserves:

R.Pant :will miss out from the staring X1 but will eventually be the first name to play. Who he will replace is subject to debate.He is my no.12 pretty much.

W.Sundar :will play 2 games max as part of some match up strategy. That’s about it.

M.Siraj: if you are hating me for my starting X1. Don’t worry, Siraj will take over from Bhuvi right about game no.3. Will it be too late for India is again subject to debate.

S.Thakur: if he some how sneaks in to the statring X1  due to injuries have a  feeling the Lord will steal the show. Underestimate him again at your own peril.

V.Iyer: I was debating between V.Iyer and H. Patel but with D. Chahar and S.Thakur, India would need a batting allrounder more than a bowling allrounder. Also Venky can open and is a leftie, so that’s an advantage but no worries there my gujju buddies, I got Harshy covered.

In the backups here are some names that might still make it or just miss by a whisker or totally be out of consideration.

Will make it

H. Patel: Firstly may god give all of them good health. However, one or most of Bhuvi, D.Chahar, S.Thakur,H.Pandya,R.Sharma,K L Rahul and and  W.Sundar :laugh: are bound to  pull something. Right in waiting list no.1 is H.Patel so gets the next seat.

Might make it

Prasidh Krishna: As I said there are a lot of fragile folk in the squad so might be called up based on requirement.

A.Patel, Mayank Aggarwal and Ravi Bishnoi: See above.

Will miss out

Ishan Kishan: After the hit from 145k ball today, will take some comeback for him in the next few games to make it to Australia. He is low down the pecking order as of now. Hope he really comes back strong because I really like  this guy.

Deepak Hooda: WT20 is in Australia. Is there any other debate?

Wild Card:

Prithvi Shaw: If he has a stellar IPL then will get into the squad as an injury replacement but will not be in the starting squad. Infact he is my no.18 right after Harshal if he has a great IPL.

Edited by maniac
18 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Strike Rates :

Rohit 139

Kohli 137

Rahul 142

S Iyer 139

Pant 126

Kishan 121

Samson 119

Thank you for this stat!! So India is a explosive lineup, bowlers beware in World Cup. I think Shikhi D has also started hitting well with awesome strike rate in T20s in last 2-3 years should include him as well.  

8 hours ago, maniac said:

R.Pant :will miss out from the staring X1 but will eventually be the first name to play. Who he will replace is subject to debate.He is my no.12 pretty much.

100% he is starting XI, no way iyer will play ahead of him in starting XI. Ever since dravid has come in he has been locked at 4 n given full chances, iyer is only given a chance when pant was out . Its very clear they have decided that he is their no.4 

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

India's problem is not lack of explosiveness but choking in big matches. 

It's both.

Where are the six hitters especially during middle overs? Top 3 bats at 7-8 rpo and expect to accelerate ONLY in the last 3-4 overs. If it comes off, looks great but is a terrible strategy. Do not go by their 70(45) scores of the past, they generally start at run a ball for first 20-25 balls sucking all komentu.

To make it worse that top 3 cannot bat anywhere else other than their preferred positions and drag the team down through choking in big tournaments as you said. That entire strategy needed a complete overhaul in 2018-19 itself

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Batting is pretty much locked, in bowling we have a lot of options just need to figure out best combo. 

7 players, if fit and available (irrespective t their form) pick themselves as the TM's favorite

Rohit, Rahul, Kohli, Jadeja, Chahal, Bhuvi, Bumrah.

Shami wil be backed for sentimental reasons.

Pandya will be in as the coach missed him in SA. 

Pant should make it to the squad.

For that other remaining batting spot at number 5 fight will be between SKY/ S. Iyer /V. Iyer/ Samson

4 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

7 players, if fit and available (irrespective t their form) pick themselves as the TM's favorite

Rohit, Rahul, Kohli, Jadeja, Chahal, Bhuvi, Bumrah.

Shami wil be backed for sentimental reasons.

Pandya will be in as the coach missed him in SA. 

Pant should make it to the squad.

For that other remaining batting spot at number 5 fight will be between SKY/ S. Iyer /V. Iyer/ Samson

sky n pant is locked

Even Shreyas in squad looks like locked 

Venky position depends on hardik

7 hours ago, Cricspin said:

Again this is supposed to be predictions and not my fav squad.

Batsmen

Rohit

KLR

Virat

SKY

shreyas Iyer

Ruturaj -- Backup or bubble selection.

All Rounders

Jadeja

Venky Iyer

Pandya

Thakur

WK

Pant

Samson

Bowlers

Bumrah

Siraj

D Chahar

Chahal

Bhuvi 

Prasidh -- possible backup or bubble selection

Bishnoi -- Same Backup or bubble selection

I think TM has forgotten SHAW. Kishan will likely missout.

Natarajan, Saini have vanished and we have patel now. 

With fragility nature of Indian bones and soft tissues coupled with COVID, there is every chance a bubble player or reserves will get game time.

lol wasn't Pant VC in WI series? there is zero chance they will drop Pant in starting XI.. current management have full faith in him

It is a shame that chahar is missing this season of ipl, could have been defining season for him with both bat and ball. Bhuvi will probably play full season and find his way into wc team