Mumbai INDIANS - 2023 - TEAM Thread

Stan AF

2 hours ago, I6MTW said:

0-5 was 2014 not 15. In 2014 they barely qualified for the Play offs due to a suspicious last minute match against RR where they scored 190 in 14 overs. 

My memory is kinda rusty so went and checked again.. MI lost the first 4 games won the 5th but lost the 6th game. So they were 1-5 after the first 6 games. I stand corrected. I kinda remembered that they lost 5 games in the early stages and I was stuck with it.

Really rotten culture. 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ipl-2022-he-was-drunk-and-hung-me-out-from-the-15th-floor-balcony-yuzvendra-chahal-alleges-physical-harassment-1309806

There's a 2011 incident as well, where Symonds & Franklin should have been put in jail

"They were so lost that they taped my mouth and forgot about me completely during the party. Then they all left and, in the morning, someone came to clean [the room] and saw me, and called a few others and untied me"
Chahal, on the time in 2011 when Symonds and Franklin tied him up and left him in a room overnight

Edited by Clarke

This has always been a poorly run franchise with big boy bullies led by tendiya. I wouldn’t be surprised if more stories of bullying and coercing come out from this team.

a lot of the negative stories have been hidden with ambani hush money but now cricketers like yuzi are very well off and have no reason to keep quiet.

Uthappa already cited how he was bullied into signing papers from Mumbai and suffered mental health consequences.

I was away for the last 14 odd days.

Now that I am back, the fortunes of this team are going to change.

I am the talisman of this side. It is said that when I was born, a wolf was crooning a dirge by the Ionian sea and there was heavy thunder and lightning in Mumbai. Along with unseasonal winds. All 'welcome to earth @Mariyam' signs from the heavens.  In more ways than one, I have been blessed by the almighty and it is alleged that anything I take a liking too, has their fortunes altered for grand success. I am Midas reincarnated.

Play offs here we come!

:mi:

MI may only be competing for the wooden spoon this season but they are already in the process of building a clutch team that can dominate for the next decade or so. Kishan, Brevis, Tilak, David, Thampi (he has started well this season), Markande are all good young  prospects and potential genuine match winners. Don’t forget Archer will be back next season too. All MI need to do is get a good overseas pacer in the next auction (Starc?) and they’ll again get a team that can win you titles. At the moment too many filibusters in the side in the form of Mills, Unadkat, Sams, etc.

17 minutes ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

MI may only be competing for the wooden spoon this season but they are already in the process of building a clutch team that can dominate for the next decade or so. Kishan, Brevis, Tilak, David, Thampi (he has started well this season), Markande are all good young  prospects and potential genuine match winners. Don’t forget Archer will be back next season too. All MI need to do is get a good overseas pacer in the next auction (Starc?) and they’ll again get a team that can win you titles. At the moment too many filibusters in the side in the form of Mills, Unadkat, Sams, etc.

This is a brilliant post! I agree that :mi: has v bright future. We are large CAP mutual fund comprising mainly of Blue Chip equity. Lesser teams, like CSK are FDs at best.

Mainly repped you for the gratuitous, unnecessary and superfluous use of the word 'fillibusters'. :p

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I was away for the last 14 odd days.

Now that I am back, the fortunes of this team are going to change.

I am the talisman of this side. It is said that when I was born, a wolf was crooning a dirge by the Ionian sea and there was heavy thunder and lightning in Mumbai. Along with unseasonal winds. All 'welcome to earth @Mariyam' signs from the heavens.  In more ways than one, I have been blessed by the almighty and it is alleged that anything I take a liking too, has their fortunes altered for grand success. I am Midas reincarnated.

Play offs here we come!

:mi:

Hamein Maloom hai jannat ki haqeeqat, Par dil ke behlaane ko ghalib ye khayal accha hai. :--D

For MI to entertain the idea of a place in the playoffs, it should first try to get close to a 50% win ratio, and then hope for the best. 

To get that 50% win ratio, it would have to win 7 of its remaining 10 games. 

Edited by zen

The flurry of ill-advised posts in this thread is not unexpected. Most of the posters are reacting as if MI didn't have any bad starts to the season before. Makes me wonder if they have ever followed the previous seasons. Even if they have a bad start or an entire bad season they come back even better.

This is literally their DNA..

STAT: Mumbai Indians' worst starts to an IPL season

5 defeats in 2014

4 defeats in 2008

4 defeats in 2015 (finished as Champions)

4 defeats in 2022 *

3 defeats in 2018

Four of the five seasons (2008, 2014, 2018 & 2022) were the season immediately after a mega-auction.

Fun fact: In the first season after losing the first 4, we went on to win the next six.