What will be your team for 5th Test against England?

So the series stands 2-1 in favour of India and 5th test will be played from July 1 in Birmingham.

Lots of water has flown under the bridge since last year with both Kohli & Root is no longer the captain, Anderson-Broad is no longer permanent in English test team, Pujara-Rahane is no longer permanent in Indian side etc.

So keeping everything in mind, what would be your India playing XI for this game?

I would go first:

Rohit (c)

Rahul

Gill

Kohli

Pujara**

Pant

Jadeja

Ashwin

Bumrah

Shami

Siraj

**I think batting at 5 for Sussex has done wonders for Pujara. He must bat in the same position for India as well.

Rohit

Rahul 

Vihari

Shreyas 

Pant

Jadeja (did well in Oval) 

Shardul ( real MoTm in Oval) 

Bumrah 

Shami

Prasidh/Umesh 

Siraj badly out if form..  X factor pick Umran. 

Picking Gujara will be suicidal...  Murli Vijay scored truck load of runs for Essex after getting drooped...  Conned his way into Indian team...  And was destroyed in Australia in 2018. Before mayank saved that series for us. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
8 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Don't pick Pujara..that bowling attack in County was club level.

My team :-

Rohit

Rahul

Vihari

Kohli

Gill/Shreyas

Pant(wkt)

Sundar/Jadeja

Shardul

Shami

Bumrah

Siraj

Shaheen Afridi, Ollie Robinson etc are playing in County Div 2. Not sure they are club level bowlers.

24 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Lord Thakur instead of Jadeja, he did his job as a swing bowler in Eng & SA. 

Agree on Pujara and rest of the squad, would pick someone ahead of Kohli although that's not happening.

Yeah missed Lord Thakur. He replaces one of the spinners.

Also, July 1 is early season in England where there wont be much for spinners anyway.

18 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rohit

Rahul 

Vihari

Shreyas 

Pant

Jadeja (did well in Oval) 

Shardul ( real MoTm in Oval) 

Bumrah 

Shami

Prasidh/Umesh 

Siraj badly out if form..  X factor pick Umran. 

Picking Gujara will be suicidal...  Murli Vijay scored truck load of runs for Essex after getting drooped...  Conned his way into Indian team...  And was destroyed in Australia in 2018. Before mayank saved that series for us. 

Definitely wont risk playing Umran in a 5 day game so early.

I would play Umesh Yadav instead

31 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Definitely wont risk playing Umran in a 5 day game so early.

I would play Umesh Yadav instead

Yes his Oval spell was superb.  Pace is consistent getting good swing even in IPl.  Definately should be ahead of Siraj in that final game.  Prasidh is another gun candidate. 

Umran for ODIs & T20s at first. 

The quality of non-international domestic players in County division 2 is incredibly awful.  Stokes hit a 150+ score at a strike rate of almost 200 in his first match with 17 sixes. Anybody with even the slightest bit of international experience is running amok here

Don’t forget that Pujara failed in the Ranji trophy recently. It’s time to move past him for good 

Moreover, Iyer and Vihari have done nothing wrong to warrant dropping. I’d go with this team:

Rohit 

Gill

Vihari

KL

Iyer

Pant

Jadeja

Thakur

Bumrah

Shami

Siraj

40 minutes ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

The quality of non-international domestic players in County division 2 is incredibly awful.  Stokes hit a 150+ score at a strike rate of almost 200 in his first match with 17 sixes. Anybody with even the slightest bit of international experience is running amok here

Don’t forget that Pujara failed in the Ranji trophy recently. It’s time to move past him for good 

Moreover, Iyer and Vihari have done nothing wrong to warrant dropping. I’d go with this team:

Rohit 

Gill

Vihari

KL

Iyer

Pant

Jadeja

Thakur

Bumrah

Shami

Siraj

Iyer? Did you even see him playing ipl and jumping around while facing short balls against Mohsin Khans of the world. England will play with Robinson Archer Wood. Enough said

3 hours ago, neel roy said:

Iyer? Did you even see him playing ipl and jumping around while facing short balls against Mohsin Khans of the world. England will play with Robinson Archer Wood. Enough said

Only Robinson will play who is a trundler. Anderson will be back as well.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • Vihari-Iyer together will be disastor overseas, will back pujara over them specially now that he is among runs 
  • Prasidh is a must for test and ODI 
  • No test for Umran overseas till he learns to control the new ball, but definately will be a very good contendor for Indian test with SG ball 

Mayank is horribly out of form or else he could have played as no 3. Now with his slide Pujara should come back

Rahul

Rohit

Pujara/Mayank/ Gill

Kohli

Vihari ( he deserves a chance. Looks assured against pace)

Pant

Jadeja ( Ashwin was exposed in Saf though Old Trafford turns)

Shardul/ Ashwin

Bumrah

Shami

Siraj ( he gets under the skin and good against left hander. Prasidh needs to be gradually groomed in)

My team would be - 

Rohit (c) 

Rahul 

Pujara (better than Vihari, also in form) 

Goat Asian Test Captain 

Shubman Gill 

Rishabh Pant

Ravi Jadeja( better bet than Ash) 

Lord Shardul 

Shami / Prasidh 

Siraj

Bumrah