Sir Don Pandya (SDP) 2nd best Indian IPL Captain after Dhoni

zen

Will keep Dhoni at 1st as he has been the nucleus of CSK (and also gets some goodwill points for being the captain of 2007 T20 and 2011 ODI World Cup winning teams) 

2nd Sir Don Pandya ... exceptional captaincy esp. for a first time captain for a franchise in its first season (did similar to what Warne did for RR but as a greenhorn)

3rd Gautam Gambhir ... joined an established franchise and helped it win in his year 2

4th Rohit ... Has won the most titles but helped by the MI set up 

SDP :hatsoff:

38 minutes ago, zen said:

Will keep Dhoni at 1st as he has been the nucleus of CSK (and also gets some goodwill points for being the captain of 2007 T20 and 2011 ODI World Cup winning teams) 

2nd Sir Don Pandya ... exceptional captaincy esp. for a first time captain for a franchise in its first season (did similar to what Warne did for RR but as a greenhorn)

3rd Gautam Gambhir ... joined an established franchise and helped it win in his year 2

4th Rohit ... Has won the most titles but helped by the MI set up 

SDP :hatsoff:

What was MI setup when they won the first title? They had 5 straight defeats. Tendulkar left the captaincy. Rohit took over and the rest is history. Pandya had a long way to go before even compared with Gambhir leave alone Dhoni and Kohli. 

Kahan Kahan se tuchiya sa jate hain ICF par.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

What was MI setup when they won the first title? They had 5 straight defeats. Tendulkar left the captaincy. Rohit took over and the rest is history. Pandya had a long way to go before even compared with Gambhir leave alone Dhoni and Kohli. 

No one cares , do it 1st time with a new franchise which was rated as underdog by many

SDP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tuk Tuk Sharma 

Kahan Kahan se tuchiya sa jate hain ICF par.

Yes, you should not be here 

5 hours ago, zen said:

In one season SDP has surpassed Tuk Tuk Sharma :hmmm:

Yea I am starting to question tuk tuks captaincy. Rohit I.e. 

I would much rather have a younger captain in pandya. Pant is too dumb. Pandya has the fighting spirit which I like. 

Krunal himself despite limitations is very tough mentally. 

Rohit had the best team in the years bambanis won. Well they had both pandya brothers plus bumrah, Pollack, sky etc. Plus foreign import bowlers like boult/Johnson etc. 

Rohit is a good captain when your team is strong but when it's under par, he is awful. 

4 hours ago, zen said:

No one cares , do it 1st time with a new franchise which was rated as underdog by many

SDP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tuk Tuk Sharma 

Yes, you should not be here 

Tbf GT has a bloody good team. 

Shami lockie rashid. Surprise was dayal who obviously is a gun bowler. 

Batting is questionable yes so they did well overall. Bowling easily is top 3 though. Bowling wins tournaments. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Yea I am starting to question tuk tuks captaincy. Rohit I.e. 

I would much rather have a younger captain in pandya. Pant is too dumb. Pandya has the fighting spirit which I like. 

Krunal himself despite limitations is very tough mentally. 

Rohit had the best team in the years bambanis won. Well they had both pandya brothers plus bumrah, Pollack, sky etc. Plus foreign import bowlers like boult/Johnson etc. 

Rohit is a good captain when your team is strong but when it's under par, he is awful. 

Exactly.

not only did he have beat team, he also had umpires and bambani ka influence. Both one run final wins were umpire influenced

the moment he didn’t have beat team (ipl 2022) he looked like a headless chicken and ended up with wooden spoon

2 hours ago, SeasonedIPLer said:

Exactly.

not only did he have beat team, he also had umpires and bambani ka influence. Both one run final wins were umpire influenced

the moment he didn’t have beat team (ipl 2022) he looked like a headless chicken and ended up with wooden spoon

But tbf credit to rohit. He is definitely not a **** player like kohli. He can contribute somewhat in tests. Not a liability. But what he does smartly which irks me and makes me want to put my gist through his face is how he ducks important games craftily. He ducked the first 2 aussie games in 2020 and only came on when the pitched got flatter. 

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

But tbf credit to rohit. He is definitely not a **** player like kohli. He can contribute somewhat in tests. Not a liability. But what he does smartly which irks me and makes me want to put my gist through his face is how he ducks important games craftily. He ducked the first 2 aussie games in 2020 and only came on when the pitched got flatter. 

Sharma is a coward.

also conveniently sat out SA series knowing full well he’d be found out

he picks and codes easy series to play in

50 minutes ago, SeasonedIPLer said:

Sharma is a coward.

also conveniently sat out SA series knowing full well he’d be found out

he picks and codes easy series to play in

Yea exactly. We should have gone ahead with prasidh and some young guns like sarfraz eeswaran etc who did really well in SA a tour. So unlucky tht sundr and Gill got injured.