Ankit_sharma03

Jay Shah confirms IPL will be having 2 and a half month window from the next ICC FTP

46 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Salaries were low for most players ,as was the stadiums ,do you want to go back to those days.You can watch even the early ipls and see how horrible the stadiums and outfield looked.

Naah, not gonna be case now. Players get paid a lot through league cricket today especially IPL where you have all the international players.

IPL will grow and grow. Taking away bare minimum fair share of BCCI from ICC Tournament revenues by greedy ICC and its conniving members was probably what made BCCI realise and work on fact that Indians love cricket does not need Indian team competing International Tournaments every week.

Edited by mishra
3 hours ago, maniac said:

Expansion is a good idea but is there enough quality depth?

nope , even 10 teams at the end had huge holes due to lack of options which btw did make the league more competitve this time since every team had many problems so no team was far superior

12 teams wud be too much 

7 hours ago, Adamant said:

God no! 

International cricket will die a painful death. 

This is what happens when an Indian organization gains too much power, it's good that we are pedestrian level in  all other sports. 

We are not interested in this pyjama stuff man!, this takes up months off the international calendar. 

Shameful stuff, hope we always remain a minnow in every other sport. 

The cricket we love is heading towards a slow and painful death all thanks to a nepotistic idiot and his power ride. 

* you BCCI. 

Honestly I want t20 internationals scrapped. No need for t20 Wc in truth. Ipl is enough for this tamasha stuff. 

Odi WC and tests are the premier formats. 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Honestly I want t20 internationals scrapped. No need for t20 Wc in truth. Ipl is enough for this tamasha stuff. 

Odi WC and tests are the premier formats. 

T20Is are huge money makers for the smaller boards. Don't think they will be willing to give up on that, unless ICC compensates them. 

This crap shouldn't be longer than a month. One of the main reasons why we haven't won a T20 world Cup after 2007.

Players subconsciously treat the WT20 as as the IPL, and think they can afford to lose a 2-3 games at the start and can still make a comeback. But sadly, that's not how it works. 

People who have this love and concern for international cricket come across as a little fake.

Pak- political crisis, financial crisis, terror issues, decent team but very volatile.

SL- entire country in  economic crisis and have tons of issues.

Afghan- country on ventilator due to Taliban

WI- declining talent pool however that part of the world  has a culture of producing top notch athletes. You will keep getting mercenaries but don’t have enough depth to have a competitive team. Also add internal politics and corruption.

SA- quota system eating away at the talent. Cricket is a white dominated sport and they the white minority have problems. 

Bangladesh- has the financial support  but still 25 years away before being a major force due to lack of talent depth. 

Zimbabwe- already totally finished.

Nzl- always had a professional set up to put together a talent pool but loads of limitations.

That leaves us with big 3.

We won’t play Pakistan in the near future so how long before Aus and Eng series lose their charm?

Win in SA doesn’t look like that far reaching any more. I know we lost but remember Wi used to run us close till mid 2000’s but the decline was evident.

So I think while people are making a good point about international cricket dying , I think it’s a little over the top and the concern comes across fake because international cricket is dying regardless of the IPL. I hardly watch odi matches anymore even for Indian games.

cricket is dying and IPL expansion might be the last roll of the dice to save cricket.

Who the f watches test matches or even ODIs with WI, Bang, SL, Afghan, Ire etc?

Having said that we need to allow Pakistan players. We can’t isolate a team with a big enough talent pool when international talent is running dry. It’s business and when it benefits us why not?  I believe that will make IPL endearing to a lot of Indian fans as well I guess.

Edited by maniac
2 hours ago, maniac said:

People who have this love and concern for international cricket come across as a little fake.

Pak- political crisis, financial crisis, terror issues, decent team but very volatile.

WI- declining talent pool however that part of the world  has a culture of producing top notch athletes. You will keep getting mercenaries but don’t have enough depth to have a competitive team. Also add internal politics and corruption.

SA- quota system eating away at the talent. Cricket is a white dominated sport and they the white minority have problems. 

Bangladesh- has the financial support  but still 25 years away before being a major force due to lack of talent depth. 

Nzl- always had a professional set up to put together a talent pool but loads of limitations.

We won’t play Pakistan in the near future so how long before Aus and Eng series lose their charm?

Win in SA doesn’t look like that far reaching any more. I know we lost but remember Wi used to run us close till mid 2000’s but the decline was evident.

So I think while people are making a good point about international cricket dying , I think it’s a little over the top and the concern comes across fake because international cricket is dying regardless of the IPL. I hardly watch odi matches anymore even for Indian games.

cricket is dying and IPL expansion might be the last roll of the dice to save cricket.

Having said that we need to allow Pakistan players. We can’t isolate a team with a big enough talent pool when international talent is running dry. It’s business and when it benefits us why not?  I believe that will make IPL endearing to a lot of Indian fans as well I guess.

Ye ek behatareen post hain

3 hours ago, maniac said:

Who cares! ... IPL is getting stronger every year. 

And international cricket itself has various tiers. 

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Who cares! ... IPL is getting stronger every year. 

And international cricket itself has various tiers. 

first part true.

2nd part those tiers will eventually lose their charm when Babar Azam will be the highest run scorer and Merzerbaani or whatever will be the highest test wicket taker.

4 hours ago, maniac said:

I agree with you on this but regarding Pakistani players its always good to keep them away coz once bcci allow them. These morons will start chest thumping that bcci has to bow down in front of Pakistani talent and as if all revenue bcci generating because of them and who know they might try to pull out a stunt like 2008/9 when they pull out their players to arm twist bcci.

Edited by raki05
1 minute ago, raki05 said:

I agree with you on this but regarding Pakistani players its always good to keep them away coz once bcci allow them. These morons will start chest thumping that bcci has to bow down in fron of Pakistani talent and as if all revenue bcci generating because if them and who know they might try to pull out a stunt like 2008/9 when they pull out their players to arm twist bcci.

On the flip side, once they see the kind of riches they will think twice before parroting crap on social media.

remember the entire Pakistan locker room was empty when ICl started.

when it’s to our advantage why not? 

A lot of Muslim sportsmen talk about Iraq,Palestine etc but they will never say US or UK is wrong and cut off the hands that feed them, I think we can eventually get to that point. We can use some soft power to go along with the moves our govt has to do.

16 minutes ago, maniac said:

first part true.

2nd part those tiers will eventually lose their charm when Babar Azam will be the highest run scorer and Merzerbaani or whatever will be the highest test wicket taker.

We have been following "international" cricket since 1990. We have seen it evolve. 

Edited by zen