We don't need Rahul Dravid's thinking: Kris Srikanth on Deepak Hooda vs Shreyas Iyer debate

Who should play at #3  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Your #3 in T20i

I like Hooda and he is better than Iyer. But it's obvious that he played in Ireland when we were resting others. There's nothing to discuss. Each of the two have a few upsides over the other. If they think Iyer should be there because of persistent performances, nothing wrong with it. I would prefer Hooda, but that doesn't matter.

Don't adress yourself as we.

Edited by Chakdephatte
5 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Did he say anything wrong on Hooda. Why Iyer is persisted in T20 knowing well that he is United for t20 and why sky is opening when Pant is already there and given opening position during eng T20 series.

I like Hooda and he is better than Iyer. But it's obvious that he played in Ireland when we were resting others. There's nothing to discuss. Each of the two have a few upsides over the other. If they think Iyer should be there because of persistent performances, nothing wrong with it. I would prefer Hooda, but that doesn't matter.

Edited by Chakdephatte
1 minute ago, Majestic said:

Iyer will be backed as he has been around for longer period. He will be backed like how Jadeja was in LOIs for years.

yes our selectors dont differentiate between formats unless its obvious case like Pujara. Even Rahane used to play T20 and costed us 2016 WT20 :wall:

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Iyer will be backed as he has been around for longer period. He will be backed like how Jadeja was in LOIs for years.

Except he actually did well compared Jadeja in his first 5-7 years. Jaddu though, started as a good ODI bowler, but regressed quickly.

Edited by Chakdephatte
14 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

What persistent performance Iyer has in T20 and his sr. Hooda has performed against Ireland but Ireland is no noob in T20 especially whn they are playin at their home. BTW if it's not for Hooda inning we would have lost that T20.

4 minutes ago, raki05 said:

What persistent performance Iyer has in T20 and his sr. Hooda has performed against Ireland but Ireland is no noob in T20 especially whn they are playin at their home. BTW if it's not for Hooda inning we would have lost that T20.

In international and last IPL, he changed his anchor approach and is always looking to score. He is no Buttler, but him striking at 138 after 40 matches is commendable. 

Edited by Chakdephatte
33 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Except he actually did well compared Jadeja in his first 5-7 years. Jaddu though, started as a good ODI bowler, but regressed quickly.

Iyer has also done minnow bashing mostly barring the NZ series during the start of his career. But he definitely deserves to be persisted in ODIs because his game is suited to that format. 

21 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Iyer has also done minnow bashing mostly barring the NZ series during the start of his career. But he definitely deserves to be persisted in ODIs because his game is suited to that format. 

Dig deeper and you will find flaws in every batsman. It's true, he feasts on weaker attacks. But he grabbed his chances. I am still hopeful that Hooda will gets chances in this series.

Edited by Chakdephatte