Why are we trying to bring back Trundler Culture in Indian cricket again  ??  Our pace bowling revolution started with the pace and bounce of Bumrah and Shami.and the height of Ishant.

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

"Everybody knows he is not a ready cricketer," Sitanshu Kotak, the India A coach, said of Umran. "He is here for us to help him develop and get better with the red ball. He is part of the one-day series also. From four overs to ten overs, we'll see what difference there is. Just by playing Ranji Trophy, he won't be groomed as well as that support he gets here."

Good to see that they have their expectations in check and the communication is clear that Umran is very much a work in progress. He needs all the matches he can get and these A team matches are for player development especially for those players who are picked on potential. Just needs a proper fast bowling coach to work with him on his stock delivery and help him achieve decent acccuracy. Umran is a special talent and bit of movement at his pace will be lethal.

Bro, they should apply the same policy for Tyagj and Sen.

I believe they are even better potentials as they have height, bounce and movement along with 145 k+ pace. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Bro, they should apply the same policy for Tyagj and Sen.

I believe they are even better potentials as they have height, bounce and movement along with 145 k+ pace. 

One left armer that impressed me in recent times is Mukesh Choudhary ,good pace can surely crank upto 145,

Suchitt from KKR looked good as well ,tall bouncy very raw though

And Simarjeet ,boy what bounce and pace he generates from that swift action,Ryan Harrisque

If only someone from SA or AUS comes over here and flips this system completely upside down,we will be having a very aware great fast bowling pool

10 hours ago, Mosher said:

"Everybody knows he is not a ready cricketer," Sitanshu Kotak, the India A coach, said of Umran. "He is here for us to help him develop and get better with the red ball. He is part of the one-day series also. From four overs to ten overs, we'll see what difference there is. Just by playing Ranji Trophy, he won't be groomed as well as that support he gets here."

Good to see that they have their expectations in check and the communication is clear that Umran is very much a work in progress. He needs all the matches he can get and these A team matches are for player development especially for those players who are picked on potential. Just needs a proper fast bowling coach to work with him on his stock delivery and help him achieve decent acccuracy. Umran is a special talent and bit of movement at his pace will be lethal.

Well yes .... and no.

Hopefully they add input to his bowling while maintaining the pace. Key is "maintaining the pace".

If the pace drops from 150 kmph to 140 kmph - that will be "trundlerizing the talent" and honestly I am afraid that is what will happen. Would be very happy to be wrong.

27 minutes ago, AKane said:

Well yes .... and no.

Hopefully they add input to his bowling while maintaining the pace. Key is "maintaining the pace".

If the pace drops from 150 kmph to 140 kmph - that will be "trundlerizing the talent" and honestly I am afraid that is what will happen. Would be very happy to be wrong.

Yes, that's why he needs a proper fast bowling coach someone like Steyn. Pace is what makes him special need to channel that in the right direction without sacrificing pace. 

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

Yes, that's why he needs a proper fast bowling coach someone like Steyn. Pace is what makes him special need to channel that in the right direction without sacrificing pace. 

Having pace will make your variation even better. No matter how fast you bowl you need to have a "go to" ball a stock ball something you can back yourself delivering 10 out of 10 times.  Could be a yorker or outswinger or inswinger. 

12 hours ago, Mosher said:

Good from the coach, understanding the limitations of your bowlers can help in figuring out ways to work around it.
Umran's USP at the moment is pace, sheer pace, not 140-150 but in 150-160's range. With that pace he can go for runs but can pickup wickets in bunch when gets it right.

"Only line length matters",abey bhaiye you have to bowl at bare minimum pace for its feasibility

No matter which length you bowl,if its below the threshold batsmen will always back themselves in this t20 age to evn target 30 off a trundler over,this will be a norm in coming days which will eventually lead to extinction of the entity called "trundler"

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

@raki05
and fellow posters,jholachaaps ke liye few shabds......plz plzz

I have just activated my jholadharis thread... Though it feel sad to see india loosing but I just hope that this team looses due to bowling inspite of scoring 250 in all matches against aus,sa and then also get knocked out in wc. It sound sadistic but if you need these bcci sarkari babus to get a reality check we need thrashing like this.