Pakistan name their T20 Wc Squad

7 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

Pak has picked 7 fast bowlers and we 4 upar se 3 trundler :((

That is also an illogical selection. You are going to play at most 4. Anymore will dilute the batting which is already garbage. They are yet to cross 150 score in Australia. With huge weakness against short balls entire line up can be folded for under 100 once Babar/Riz are out.

29 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

That is also an illogical selection. You are going to play at most 4. Anymore will dilute the batting which is already garbage. They are yet to cross 150 score in Australia. With huge weakness against short balls entire line up can be folded for under 100 once Babar/Riz are out.

Yeah balance is not there, 6 would have been fine they'll mostly play 4 fast bowlers with Shadab and Nawaz as 6th bowler. 

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

its their batting that will let them down 

Pak batting does not look solid.  But a big positive for them is they hv few tail enders who are capable of hitting sixes in literally every game.   In the 1st game vs Ind, they never looked like crossing 130 but Dahani got them to 147, Naseem repeated it (vs Afghan).   I would be happy if Bumrah, Arshdeep and Chahal can do the same on a few occasions.   

This Pak team is middling and has been middling. Just because we suddenly lost to them a couple of times in UAE conditons which is their home we are over rating them.

This is the best available they got and I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat 1-2 big teams and even reach semis. That’s their max ability even if you add who ever next best since slice bread player you add.

T20 is a lottery so once you reach semis it becomes even more of a lottery but rationally and number based evidence would suggest that their max upside is a surprise semi final berth.

their fast bowling and overall bowling  is quality. That’s about it

Edited by maniac
Just now, Lone Wolf said:

Too many A/R here....  I suspect Pak knows only it's bowling is the one that can take them into Semis. 

I think both Ind/Pak will start as underdogs vs SA. 

their fast bowling can either run through line ups or get carried away and spray it all around.

also I believe Rauf, Naseem and Hasnain, Shadab play big bash, so that will work in their favor. Their middle order  hacks may find it difficult.

Shoaib malik is still better than all other than babar and rizwan.. fakhar has looked subdued in last few matches.. issue with ARs in australia in Melbourne sydney and brisbane is that mishits wont go for 6 like it is in subcontinent.. you ll get caught in deep specially cow corner is 90 metres in both sydney and melbourne.. unless you can sweep and hit a six like rohit or rizwan you ll get caught in deep..

1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

Pak batting does not look solid.  But a big positive for them is they hv few tail enders who are capable of hitting sixes in literally every game.   In the 1st game vs Ind, they never looked like crossing 130 but Dahani got them to 147, Naseem repeated it (vs Afghan).   I would be happy if Bumrah, Arshdeep and Chahal can do the same on a few occasions.   

Chahal :cantstop:

24 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Shoaib malik is still better than all other than babar and rizwan.. fakhar has looked subdued in last few matches.. issue with ARs in australia in Melbourne sydney and brisbane is that mishits wont go for 6 like it is in subcontinent.. you ll get caught in deep specially cow corner is 90 metres in both sydney and melbourne.. unless you can sweep and hit a six like rohit or rizwan you ll get caught in deep..

Malik can't play pace at all...  He is ideal in SC conditions but that's about it.   Masood is a proper batsman & plays fast bowling well but he is also a accumulator but being a leftie makes him good enough vs spin. 

Batting line up will look to score 160-170 max... And hope the faster men do the heavy lifting.  Naseem Shaheen new ball combo would be lethal in MCG & Perth at least.